Gophers To Wear "Salute to Service" White Helmets on Saturday

ELITEEvan

Taco Member
Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh no. White pants cant be far behind. :(

12869742.jpeg

What's wrong with white pants and white helmet?

12869742.jpeg

That was my immediate thought as well. If we are going to honor the 1967 team at the game, we might as well dress like them too.

Kind of surprised the helmet doesn't have the block M with the flag printed on it like I know a lot of teams have done and I am pretty sure we have as well at some point.

Kind of surprised the helmet doesn't have the block M with the flag printed on it like I know a lot of teams have done and I am pretty sure we have as well at some point.

We definitely have a few times in the past handful of years. I am also surprised they aren't using them this week. That being said, I really don't like when they slap flags on everything, so I'm glad they aren't doing it. Also, why isn't our game on Nov 11 (Veterans' Day) functioning as our military appreciation day? Are we going to do this all over again in a few weeks?

12869742.jpeg

Love the photo and the uniform. Chip Litten, #80 without the helmet, was a favorite player of mine. Tall, fast and athletic, it's too bad he didn't play in a modern offense with some sophistication in the passing game.

Horrible video clip. We never did see the entire thing, and the bits we did see were so brief as it jumped from view to view. It sure was exciting, though (sarcasm).

Love the photo and the uniform. Chip Litten, #80 without the helmet, was a favorite player of mine. Tall, fast and athletic, it's too bad he didn't play in a modern offense with some sophistication in the passing game.

Did he lose the tooth playing?

We definitely have a few times in the past handful of years. I am also surprised they aren't using them this week. That being said, I really don't like when they slap flags on everything, so I'm glad they aren't doing it. Also, why isn't our game on Nov 11 (Veterans' Day) functioning as our military appreciation day? Are we going to do this all over again in a few weeks?

Not to mention, it just happens to be against US Flag Code. “No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.”

12869742.jpeg

The Warmath years: was a great-looking uniform, though they tinkered with it a bit in the final years. Good enough for a nat'l championship in 1960 and two Rose Bowls.

Not to mention, it just happens to be against US Flag Code. “No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.”

Yesh, I'm sure the respect the flag groups are gonna be outraged at this one.

The flag code is essentially meaningless because it's not enforced and parts of it have been deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

Gophers To Wear &quot;Salute to Service&quot; White Helmets on Saturday

The best touch is the Minnesota military insignias on the stripe. That is a very important detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt they're cutting apart a flag to use as part of an athletic uniform. Pretty sure that's what the code is saying here.

Top Bottom