Shama: It would be interesting if either Iowa or wisconsin tries to hire Mike Sherels

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

It would be interesting if either Iowa or Wisconsin tries to hire popular former Gophers linebackers coach Mike Sherels. He isn’t coaching now but has a great reputation in the state of Minnesota where both the Hawkeyes and Badgers recruit.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Is this some kind extension of the of MN "they're coming for our coaches" paranoia?

If his health allows the commitment, I'd expect to see him back at the U of M in some capacity. I think PJ was pretty high on him.

Saw Mike at the Tommie-Johnnie game with Jack Lynn. He looks great and seems in good spirits. Hopefully he can get back into coaching soon.

Yeah there's literally nothing substantiating this. Just trying to throw something at the wall to see if it'll stick.

If he does I'll still root for his personal success

Can someone please explain to me David Shama? Is this just a hobby for him? Is he a part of a bigger publication? He can't be doing this for living, right? I'm not even anti-Shama, but I just feel he gets a lot of attention on this web site and absolutely nobody outside of Gopherhole has ever said anything about him ever from my perspective.

Also - I think Iowa and wisconsin are pretty satisfied with their current LB coaching - those would be two of the last schools that I could see trying to steal him away from us.

per Shama:

It would be interesting if 25% of the population had visible tails like dogs.

Per Shama:

It would be interesting if college football coaches wore Sombreros and scuba diving masks on the sidelines.

Per Shama:

It would be interesting if Shama worked for an actual news outlet.

Guessing

Can someone please explain to me David Shama? Is this just a hobby for him? Is he a part of a bigger publication? He can't be doing this for living, right? I'm not even anti-Shama, but I just feel he gets a lot of attention on this web site and absolutely nobody outside of Gopherhole has ever said anything about him ever from my perspective.

Also - I think Iowa and wisconsin are pretty satisfied with their current LB coaching - those would be two of the last schools that I could see trying to steal him away from us.

I think he makes some money from advertising on his website, but my guess the number one thing is he just likes doing this. It's who he is. It's what he's done. He make his own schedule. He writes about whatever he wants to and says whatever he wants with no boss telling him he can't. He gets press access to games and press conferences....add up season ticket prices to all U of M programs and the Vikings, Twins, TWolves, Wild and the Loons etc ....thats a pretty sweet income savings in itself. He gets to network, broker deals for whatever he might be in to, establish connections, have some level of relevance/fame in the Twin Cities sports world to certain boosters and fans he has relationships with. Probably does some guest radio spots or has the opportunity. Pretty sweet gig if it's what you like to do and probably have invested well.

Per Shama: White Castle Hamburgers are delicious but small.

Per Shama:

It would be interesting if cats barked and dogs meowed.

Per Shama:

Something something attendance numbers...something something season tickets sales.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Per Shama:

Patrick Reusse is referred to as "Fat Pat" because Brewster commented on how fat he looks in a mirror.

Top Bottom