Running Tally of Implicated Schools

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Let's keep a running tab of schools implicated (directly or indirectly) in the FBI investigation, while at the same time crossing our fingers and knocking on wood. I suspect the list will get longer each day.

Let me know if I've missed anyone.

FBI Subpoenas
1. Auburn
2. Miami
3. Oklahoma State

Others Implicated
1 Alabama
2 Arizona
3 Kansas
4 Louisville
5 South Carolina
6 USC

FBI Leaderboard
SEC (3)
ACC (2)
Big XII (2)
Pac 12 (2)

My mistake, put on wrong board. Mods, can you move to hoops board? Thanks.

Maybe add the names of the people associated with each school as well (as they become known) -- so Chuck Person at Auburn, Pitino and Jurich at Louisville, etc. As impressive as the names of the school will be, the names of the coaches will also be very interesting.

Let's keep a running tab of schools implicated (directly or indirectly) in the FBI investigation, while at the same time crossing our fingers and knocking on wood. I suspect the list will get longer each day.

1 Alabama
2 Arizona
3 Auburn
4 Louisville
5 Miami Florida
6 Oklahoma State
7 South Carolina
8 USC

Duke?. Thought I saw them mentioned in another thread as being involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mistake, put on wrong board. Mods, can you move to hoops board? Thanks.

Why would you want to move it. Do you think the ax won't fall of football recruiting soon too? Why do you think we have not won a Big Ten championship in 50 years, or a National championship since, when was it, 1961. I am sure it is not the only reason but most likely, for the most part, we have played by the rules. Other schools have advanced their programs by not playing by the rules. They have tried to hide it with funds coming from alumni donors, sporting goods manufacturers and the like.

These coaches state that they want to build great young men but the example many of them set is polar opposite. Mississippi State lost out on a great QB a few years ago becasue they were not willing to compete with bribes with another school, but I am sure they were not squeaky clean either in the process.

The fact is that these programs are businesses. When a coach breaks the rules they are in essence stealing from their competition. I hope they get what they deserve so this garbage will at least slow down, although I guess it will never stop.

100 deep

1 Alabama
2 Arizona
3 Auburn
4 Louisville
5 Miami Florida
6 Oklahoma State
7 South Carolina
8 USC

Pat Forde indicated on the Dan Patrick show that this list will grow to about 100.

Pat Forde indicated on the Dan Patrick show that this list will grow to about 100.

If it grows to 100, how will they fold North Carolina out of the punishments? Its easier to let them off the hook when they are the only ones.

Why would you want to move it. Do you think the ax won't fall of football recruiting soon too? Why do you think we have not won a Big Ten championship in 50 years, or a National championship since, when was it, 1961. I am sure it is not the only reason but most likely, for the most part, we have played by the rules. Other schools have advanced their programs by not playing by the rules. They have tried to hide it with funds coming from alumni donors, sporting goods manufacturers and the like.

These coaches state that they want to build great young men but the example many of them set is polar opposite. Mississippi State lost out on a great QB a few years ago becasue they were not willing to compete with bribes with another school, but I am sure they were not squeaky clean either in the process.

The fact is that these programs are businesses. When a coach breaks the rules they are in essence stealing from their competition. I hope they get what they deserve so this garbage will at least slow down, although I guess it will never stop.

Level playing field.

1 Alabama
2 Arizona
3 Auburn
4 Louisville
5 Miami Florida
6 Oklahoma State
7 South Carolina
8 USC

This whole thing is the inevitable outcome of the amount of pressure on these coaches and programs to win. My wife and I were talking about this at dinner, including how we think Clem was running a clean program here up to some date when he got so frustrated losing out to dishonest programs that he sold his soul.

Us fans have to accept our role in this as well. It keeps reminding me of Col. Jessup in A Few Good Men. He talks about the dirty things he has to do in order to secure the safety of the American public and how we expect him to do that for us, but we the public don't want to know what it entails. We expect our basketball coaches to out-compete these dirty programs but to do it without stooping to the same dishonest measures. OR we do expect them to cheat, too, in which case we're just as culpable morally as they are.

If it goes to 100 I am going to buy stock in upgraded software that tracks planes carrying coaches.

If it truly is 100 we are probably in trouble.

If it truly is 100 we are probably in trouble.

If it's 100, every Power 5 school is in trouble. I'm not sure what the NCAA does at that point. Perhaps nothing, or there will be tiers of wrong-doing with different punishment.

I heard one commentator say this is college basketball's PED scandal. I think that's right. It's so wide-spread that you can't realistically pick out anyone to punish. So nothing will happen except harsher penalties going forward.

If this thing gets really bad, we could see an "every man for himself" situation going, with coaches ratting out other coaches who they suspect or have evidence against.

In the past, there has always been a gentlemen's agreement that coaches didn't rat out other coaches. every now and then, someone might allude to another program bending the rules, but very few if any coaches ever come right out and make allegations - because they understand it can come right back on them in a hurry if they're not running a squeaky-clean program. If you really wanted to put every D1 FB or hoops program under the microscope, I dare say you could find some kind of violation at about 75- 80% of programs.

The NCAA just doesn't have the kind of staff to go after every violation - and one could argue they really don't want to. the NCAA gives a lot of lip service to its lofty ideals, but in the end, the #1 priority is keeping the money rolling in.

This new deal is going to have some long-term implications for college sports, summer programs, AAU hoops, you name it.

And - if we assume the Gophers are running a clean- or mostly clean program - this could be an advantage if the big cheaters have to reign things in for a while, leveling the playing field.

This whole thing is the inevitable outcome of the amount of pressure on these coaches and programs to win. My wife and I were talking about this at dinner, including how we think Clem was running a clean program here up to some date when he got so frustrated losing out to dishonest programs that he sold his soul.

Us fans have to accept our role in this as well. It keeps reminding me of Col. Jessup in A Few Good Men. He talks about the dirty things he has to do in order to secure the safety of the American public and how we expect him to do that for us, but we the public don't want to know what it entails. We expect our basketball coaches to out-compete these dirty programs but to do it without stooping to the same dishonest measures. OR we do expect them to cheat, too, in which case we're just as culpable morally as they are.

Clem was most likely doing it from Day 1 in Dinkytown as well as W Kentucky.

This reminds me of a post I saw on Gopherhole maybe 10 years ago in which Col. Jessup's speech was edited for Michigan's scandal:

Ed Martin: You want answers?

U of Michigan Internal Investigator: I think I'm entitled to them.

Ed Martin: You want answers?

U of Michigan Internal Investigator: I want the truth!

Ed Martin: You can't handle the truth! Son, we have a program that needs top flight recruits. And those recruits have to be procured by men with money. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Fisher? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Bo Shembechler and you curse Don Canham. You have that luxury. You have that luxury of not knowing what I know. That the money I paid Chris Webber and others, while tragic, probably was the reason they were at Michigan. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, brought the majority of players to Michigan...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me handing out that cash. You need me handing out that cash!

You use words like National Champions, Victors Valiant, Champions of the West, Leaders and Best... you use these words as the backbone to your arogant, delusional existence. I use them as a means to launder cash. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the winning basketball I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a checkbook and a blank National Letter of Intent. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

U of Michigan Internal Investigator: Did you pay Chris Webber?

Ed Martin: (quietly) I did my job, I’d do it again.

U of Michigan Internal Investigator: Did you pay Chris Webber?

Ed Martin: You're goddamn right I did!

Sorry I missed this years ago...amazing how it lines up with the story. Thanks for posting

This reminds me of a post I saw on Gopherhole maybe 10 years ago in which Col. Jessup's speech was edited for Michigan's scandal...

I was wondering if anyone would remember that! It's classic. I have a printout of it pinned (in a hidden and inconspicuous place) to the wall of my office.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No Big Ten teams yet. Do we know who the ADIDAS schools are in the BIG TEN?

Add Kansas to the list

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is starting to look like Lance Armstrong juicing in cycling. You know they all were.

Hopefully all these teams will be banned from post-season play and the Gophers drive for the National Championship will be that much easier!

Hopefully all these teams will be banned from post-season play and the Gophers drive for the National Championship will be that much easier!

That would be like crawling out of a bomb shelter post apocalypse and winning the Twin Cities marathon by walking it.

Top Bottom