Louiville decommits

It will be interesting to see who DOES want to take the damaged goods on.

Why are they damaged goods? They committed to a top program that turned into a joke. They have 0 players committed in 2018.

Were all PSU football players that decommitted damaged goods?

Why are they damaged goods? They committed to a top program that turned into a joke. They have 0 players committed in 2018.

Agree not damaged goods but I still don't think we have a shot.

Probably unfair, but people are assuming they were recruited under dirty circumstances.

PSU was a completely different scenario. The players weren't at the heart of what happened there, it was coaches and the university administration.

Here, recruits are decommitting from a school that just announced they are under FBI investigation for paying players to commit there.

Signing or recruiting those players when our coach is the son of the one involved is too close to painting a bright red target on our backs. This is not something to be messing around with.

PSU was a completely different scenario. The players weren't at the heart of what happened there, it was coaches and the university administration.

Here, recruits are decommitting from a school that just announced they are under FBI investigation for paying players to commit there.

Signing or recruiting those players when our coach is the son of the one involved is too close to painting a bright red target on our backs. This is not something to be messing around with.

I didn't say the Gophers should sign them. I asked why they are damaged goods.

Are you assuming all players at Louisville were taking money? I haven't seen either of these players named in anything saying they were paid or given gifts. To assume they were is moronic because you're basing it on one instance you read about.

I didn't say the Gophers should sign them. I asked why they are damaged goods.

Are you assuming all players at Louisville were taking money? I haven't seen either of these players named in anything saying they were paid or given gifts. To assume they were is moronic because you're basing it on one instance you read about.

Did I say they all of them were? As far as I'm concerned, it's moronic to get anywhere near this situation. Assuming all of them are clean and tidy is far more dangerous than assuming they all took money behind the scenes.

Did I say they all of them were? As far as I'm concerned, it's moronic to get anywhere near this situation. Assuming all of them are clean and tidy is far more dangerous than assuming they all took money behind the scenes.

Exactly. Absolutely have to play it safe.

I think Minnesota would have a shot at these kids. However, it would look fishy if they ended up going from Rick to Richard so it is probably best to just stay away

I think Minnesota would have a shot at these kids. However, it would look fishy if they ended up going from Rick to Richard so it is probably best to just stay away

If they took money, they will be ineligible. If papa Pitino knows who did, he can tell son who to avoid. Other then that we'd be stupid not to recruit some of the de-commits. But they better be clean or they'll never step on campus.

They're both guards and top 50 players.

Go for it!

Does Kentucky play it safe?

Simons, a 6-foot-4 guard from IMG Academy (Florida), is ranked No. 8 in the ESPN 100 for 2018. He originally committed to Louisville last fall. He was one of the most impressive players on the Under Armour Association circuit this spring and summer, averaging 20.4 points and 5.5 rebounds for Team Breakdown.

Ramey, a 6-foot point guard from Webster Groves High School (Missouri), is No. 49 in the ESPN 100. He committed to the Cardinals in February. Ramey averaged 15.0 points and 4.4 rebounds for Ramey Jets United on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit.

If they took money, they will be ineligible. If papa Pitino knows who did, he can tell son who to avoid. Other then that we'd be stupid not to recruit some of the de-commits. But they better be clean or they'll never step on campus.

Absolutely not! Richard Pitino needs avoid anything related to his father's program. The perception may be that Sr. directed his old recruits to Jr. and that does not look good. Just imagine the speculation. The U does not need that mess.

Absolutely not! Richard Pitino needs avoid anything related to his father's program. The perception may be that Sr. directed his old recruits to Jr. and that does not look good. Just imagine the speculation. The U does not need that mess.

It isn't that way at all. If they took money, they are ineligible everywhere. If not, they are fair game.

Been a Gopher fan long? Tubby wasn't allowed to hire Jimmy Williams because of simple association with things done 25 years earlier. There is zero chance Richard will be allowed to touch any of Dad's recruits with a 10 foot poll.

Stay away from anyone Louisville was recruiting. No thank you. Don't need that attention. Plenty of good players to find elsewhere.

Do we have scholarships available? If so, any player that was good enough to go to Louisville, would look in the Barn.

Do we have scholarships available? If so, any player that was good enough to go to Louisville, would look good in the Barn.

This is not a serious thread is it? Run, far far away.

The only risk you are taking is if the players are ineligible, IE they actually took money to commit to Louisville, you have to be sure your house is clean but if they took money to commit to Louisville and then changed to Minnesota it would have no bearing on Minnesota.

I'd at least take a look and evaluate whether you thought they were viable and would actually be eligible.

That kid committed to Miami is a different situation, I doubt he ever plays college basketball.

Purchasing power

I am thinking Brian Bowen will not play a minute of college ball and will enter the NBA draft.

I am thinking Brian Bowen will not play a minute of college ball and will enter the NBA draft.

The NBA rule is a player cannot be drafted until they're one year out of high school. If he's ruled ineligible for college ball, Bowen will probably need to kill that year playing in China or Europe.

Whether they were dirty recruits or might be ineligible is besides the point. The optics of it would not be good at all. Fair or not, the media would go buck wild with a ex Rick recruit going to Richard.

We got something very positive working here, let's just stay clear of this.

Is this really a discussion? Stay away from those kids.

These players would make the U a final four contender and help A TON with recruiting Hurt and other 5 Star talents. I would trade that all for a little controversy any day.

Top Bottom