Richard Pitinos public response to his Dads situation will be important & fascinating

I, too, have posted this elsewhere. Richard needs to keep Rick out of here, and Mark Coyle needs to give Richard the same message in the strongest possible terms. Hard for a son to do that to his dad, but it is a requirement based on the way this situation is playing out. I also cringe at the thought of Rick in the stands, TV camera on him, commentators spending the next 5 minutes talking about Rick and his downfall, how Richard was an assistant at Louisville and on and on and on.

Bingo.

Rick should be smart enough to know that his presence at Williams Arena will be a huge distraction for his son, and completely unfair to his rising program. I would hope Richard and/or anyone else connected to the U of M shouldn't have to tell Rick that. Knock on wood (that the U is not implicated in the days ahead), the program is finally making big strides, we don't need that circus every time Rick would come to a game.

What if this becomes a situation where multiple head coaches at high profile schools get fired. Then there's a bunch of job openings. Current coaches who aren't implicated in any of this could be in high demand. I hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling we're gonna get screwed in this somehow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gophers have their first official practice of the season today and media availability, including Pitino, after. I doubt he says much, but it'll be interesting to see how he handles the questions. I've read college hoops insiders are saying up to 100 coaches are involved in this. That's a little less than a third of all D-1 programs nationwide (There are 347 programs total).

Top Bottom