CFB Imperialism Map

Something fun and interesting to look at.
Maybe some have seen it before but I stumbled upon it today.
Gophers have nice chunks of land.

Not sure I understand or agree with the methodology, but I like having Minnesota "own" a good chunk of Wisconsin!

I've been following it. I think its cool, however we don't stand to win any territory until Michigan:

Sept 30th vs Maryland - No territory

Oct 7th @ Purdue - No Territory, Bye week before playing us

Oct 14th vs MSU - No Territory, play Iowa (No territory) and Michigan (huge upset if they win) before us

Oct 21st vs Illinois - No Territory, Play Nebraska (No territory), Iowa (No territory, and likely an upset if they win), and Rutgers (No Territory)

Oct 28th @ Iowa - No Territory, play MSU (no territory), Illinois (No territory), and Northwestern (No Territory)

Nov 4th @ Michigan (Territory owned)

So we have 5 games where we stand to gain no territory, but could lose it all before another game where we could gain territory. On the off chance we do make it undefeated (however likely or unlikely that is) that would be epic. Rivalry game, two undefeated teams, AND huge amounts of territory to be gained.

Did Oregon State already lose their territory before we beat them, thus we don't have any territory for that road win?

I think we should wage war with Washington, then cease fire.

I'm confused.

So if two teams beat the same team in two different weeks, who gets the territory?

I've been following it. I think its cool, however we don't stand to win any territory until Michigan:

Sept 30th vs Maryland - No territory

Oct 7th @ Purdue - No Territory, Bye week before playing us

Oct 14th vs MSU - No Territory, play Iowa (No territory) and Michigan (huge upset if they win) before us

Oct 21st vs Illinois - No Territory, Play Nebraska (No territory), Iowa (No territory, and likely an upset if they win), and Rutgers (No Territory)

Oct 28th @ Iowa - No Territory, play MSU (no territory), Illinois (No territory), and Northwestern (No Territory)

Nov 4th @ Michigan (Territory owned)

So we have 5 games where we stand to gain no territory, but could lose it all before another game where we could gain territory. On the off chance we do make it undefeated (however likely or unlikely that is) that would be epic. Rivalry game, two undefeated teams, AND huge amounts of territory to be gained.

Just remember, these teams could have territory by the time we play them. For example, Northwestern could (maybe?) add territory before the Iowa game, which Iowa could win and then take that territory.

I'm confused.

So if two teams beat the same team in two different weeks, who gets the territory?
\

The team who beats them first. You can only lose territory you currently own.

Here is how it works:
If Team 1 has territory and Team 2 has Territory, If Team 1 wins they get Team 2's territory and vice versa
If Team 1 has territory but Team 2 doesn't, if Team 1 wins they gain nothing, if Team 2 wins they get Team 1's territory
If neither team has territory, nothing happens.

For example:

We beat the Buffalo Bulls week 1, so we got their territory in New York State.
We beat Oregon State week two, but they lost their territory to CSU in the first game, and Portland State didn't have any territory when they beat them. So Oregon State had no territory when we played they, so we got nothing.
We beat MTSU in week three, they had lost their original territory to Vanderbilt, but then beat Syracuse in week two. So MTSU had Syracuse's territory in New York State. We then got that territory.

This week, since Maryland lost last week to UCF, they have no territory and thus we can gain nothing.

Just remember, these teams could have territory by the time we play them. For example, Northwestern could add territory before the Iowa game, which Iowa could win and then take that territory.

Fair point, I didn't want to spend an hour figuring out if it could happen. It can, but it is very unlikely. Northwestern plays Wisconsin, Penn State, and Maryland before playing Iowa, barring an upset in the first two games they likely won't get territory from Maryland unless we lose because Maryland plays us and tOSU before Northwestern.

\

The team who beats them first. You can only lose territory you currently own.

Here is how it works:
If Team 1 has territory and Team 2 has Territory, If Team 1 wins they get Team 2's territory and vice versa
If Team 1 has territory but Team 2 doesn't, if Team 1 wins they gain nothing, if Team 2 wins they get Team 1's territory
If neither team has territory, nothing happens.

For example:

We beat the Buffalo Bulls week 1, so we got their territory in New York State.
We beat Oregon State week two, but they lost their territory to CSU in the first game, and Portland State didn't have any territory when they beat them. So Oregon State had no territory when we played they, so we got nothing.
We beat MTSU in week three, they had lost their original territory to Vanderbilt, but then beat Syracuse in week two. So MTSU had Syracuse's territory in New York State. We then got that territory.

This week, since Maryland lost last week to UCF, they have no territory and thus we can gain nothing.

Thanks

Makes more sense about our territory in New York then as I didn't think Buffalo was worth that much.

Would love to take Michigan's territory in a few weeks!

The good news is by the time we play Penn St in the Big 1- Championship, Penn St will own a ton of land.
Then when we beat USC / Washington in the playoffs, we'll win everything out west, then clean up the South taking over whatever Alabama secured by then.

It will be one big Gopher Nation.

Top Bottom