BTN: Ranking Week 5 Games (#3. Maryland at Minnesota), Best Coordinator Clash

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Best coordinator clash: Maryland OC Walt Bell vs. Minnesota DC Robb Smith. Bell is going to have to be resourceful, as he may be down to starting third-string QB Max Bortenschlager. Maryland was rudderless after QB Kasim Hill left last week’s game vs. UCF; the Terps finished with just 197 yards in a 38-10 loss. Smith was hired from Arkansas and has done a bang-up job. The Gophers are No. 1 in the nation in scoring defense (8.0 ppg) and No. 1 in rushing defense (59.0 ypg). And Minnesota is No. 5 in total defense.

WEEK 5 GAME RANKINGS
1. Northwestern at Wisconsin
2. Iowa at Michigan State
3. Maryland at Minnesota
4. Indiana at Penn State
5. Nebraska at Illinois (Friday)
6. Ohio State at Rutgers

http://btn.com/2017/09/25/week-5-primer-northwestern-at-wisconsin-highlights-the-slate/

Go Gophers!!

Why didn't they mention that Robb Smith inherited the best defense of all time?

The below are just since 9:05 tonight. You got any new material? :eek:

- "He's complimented the previous staff multiple times, it's not his fault you have your head in the sand. He has no obligation to bring up the previous staff when talking about the current team a month into the season. It's been more than 9 months, I think some of you guys should get over the previous staff. Colorado State almost ran for more yards in one game than the team has allowed the entire year thus far. Clear improvement, should he credit the previous staff for that as well?"

- You getting separation anxiety having not seen Claeys in months too? I know it's tough just know he's a millionaire in Kansas, he's going to be alright if he doesn't get praised every second of the day."

- "Why didn't they mention that Robb Smith inherited the best defense of all time?"

- "He hasn't seen Claeys on TV in months, he's getting really annoyed."

- "Yeah can't believe he's never talked about the linebackers the previous staff left behind.
"

The below are just since 9:05 tonight. You got any new material? :eek:

- "He's complimented the previous staff multiple times, it's not his fault you have your head in the sand. He has no obligation to bring up the previous staff when talking about the current team a month into the season. It's been more than 9 months, I think some of you guys should get over the previous staff. Colorado State almost ran for more yards in one game than the team has allowed the entire year thus far. Clear improvement, should he credit the previous staff for that as well?"

- You getting separation anxiety having not seen Claeys in months too? I know it's tough just know he's a millionaire in Kansas, he's going to be alright if he doesn't get praised every second of the day."

- "Why didn't they mention that Robb Smith inherited the best defense of all time?"

- "He hasn't seen Claeys on TV in months, he's getting really annoyed."

- "Yeah can't believe he's never talked about the linebackers the previous staff left behind.
"

I just want the previous staff to get the credit they deserve. That's all the material I want to see on Gopher Football.

BTN ranked something involving Gopher football higher than #10? I realize there are only six games but I would have guessed they would have found a few volleyball games to push the Gophers down to double digits.

Ain't gonna happen. Sorry. Time to look forward and enjoy the ride, instead of stewing and sulking about the past. I understand you feel like Claeys and his crew got a raw deal, but the reality is that he is no longer associated with the program. Waxing nostalgic and $3.19 will only get you a Double cheeseburger at McDonalds, nothing more.

Ain't gonna happen. Sorry. Time to look forward and enjoy the ride, instead of stewing and sulking about the past. I understand you feel like Claeys and his crew got a raw deal, but the reality is that he is no longer associated with the program. Waxing nostalgic and $3.19 will only get you a Double cheeseburger at McDonalds, nothing more.

JB was trolling...not sulking.

Top Bottom