Gophers Get a Break - Sid Hartman

Iceland12

Reaction score
Sid weighs in on Saturday's game.

]Gophers get a break

The Gophers got a good break this weekend when it comes to their next two opponents in Maryland, which they play Saturday, and Purdue, which they play the following week.

Maryland, which had defeated then-No. 23 Texas 51-41 and Towson 63-17, got killed by Central Florida 38-10 after its quarterback Kasim Hill left the game because of an injury in the first quarter. He was replaced by sophomore Max Bortenschlager, who finished 15-for-26 for 132 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.

Meanwhile Purdue, which pressed No. 8 Michigan in a 28-10 loss Saturday and has a bye this week to prepare for Minnesota, will be without its two best defenders in safety Jacob Thieneman and middle linebacker Ja’Whaun Bentley for the first half of the Gophers game. Thieneman and Bentley were ejected against Michigan for targeting in the second half, which is why they’ll miss the first half.

That matchup is in West Lafayette, Ind., a place where the Gophers won in 2015 but hadn’t won there before that since 2008.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...ouble-for-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers/447509963/

No mention of the $ that Hill injury potentially cost me? Had MD straight and on a couple small parlays where they were my only miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The targeting penalty has been baffling to me. If you are guilty in the first half, it's a game and a half penalty. If called in the second half, it's a half game penalty. Who decided this was fair?

The targeting penalty has been baffling to me. If you are guilty in the first half, it's a game and a half penalty. If called in the second half, it's a half game penalty. Who decided this was fair?

I'm not sure that's accurate. I believe if you are thrown out in the first half, you miss the rest of the game and that's it. If you're thrown out in the second half, you miss the first half of the next game.

I'm not sure that's accurate. I believe if you are thrown out in the first half, you miss the rest of the game and that's it. If you're thrown out in the second half, you miss the first half of the next game.

correct

I swore a player called for targeting in the 1st half was held out the next game, but thanks for correcting me.

I've noticed Purdue is continuing the grand B1G tradition of taking a bye week before the Gophers. Feels like it happens way more than it should in recent years.

I've noticed Purdue is continuing the grand B1G tradition of taking a bye week before the Gophers. Feels like it happens way more than it should in recent years.

That is by design, because teams need the extra time to prepare due to the constant change in the Gopher coaching staff. :p

That is by design, because teams need the extra time to prepare due to the constant change in the Gopher coaching staff. :p

All right okay, that was funny.

:drink:

Top Bottom