Gophers @ Michigan Ticket Advice

gray4heisman

Reaction score
Don't mean to dilute the feed on BIG10 opener week but wanted to get advice for buying tickets for Gophers @ Michigan on 11/4. Some college buddies and I plan on renting an RV and making the drive to Ann Arbor and are in the process of buying tickets. How would everyone go about getting tickets at best price/value whether that be in the Gopher fan section or not. Appreciate any ticket buying/Ann Arbor scouting/game prep insight that is out there. Go Gophs!

Sounds like a great trip! Save room in the RV for an extra Jug on the way home.

I'm heading to the game as well and bought tickets through the U. It looks like tickets are still available under away game tickets. My Michigan Alum Friend said he thinks it'll be announced as a night game so it'd be wiser to buy tickets sooner rather than later. Face Value was $70. The lowest tickets on Seat Geek look to be around $120 including fees.

In past years we tailgated on the golf course and it was a great time just outside the stadium. I think this year we are going to bar hop more so than previous years. Looking forward to seeing PJs return to Michigan and coming back with the JUG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't mean to dilute the feed on BIG10 opener week but wanted to get advice for buying tickets for Gophers @ Michigan on 11/4. Some college buddies and I plan on renting an RV and making the drive to Ann Arbor and are in the process of buying tickets. How would everyone go about getting tickets at best price/value whether that be in the Gopher fan section or not. Appreciate any ticket buying/Ann Arbor scouting/game prep insight that is out there. Go Gophs!

Gophers ticket office.

/end thread

My group bought ours through the Gopher ticket office. Not sure what is still available from them, if anything. (Looks like there are tickets together, $75 per ticket though). I didn't buy my ticket, no idea where we are sitting or anything. I just show up to stuff like this. Granted we are flying so no real planning necessary.

Otherwise I like StubHub. I wouldn't drive there without tickets. That seems foolish. Probably cheaper tickets available on stubhub now but if the Gophers and Wolverines keep winning, I'd expect those to jump up. So if you are locked in, buy them sooner rather than later.

Two of my best friends are transplants from Ann Arbor. Sounds like the pre-game bar scene is lacking. Everyone tailgates on a golf course or something. So we are meeting their friends to do that. Could be some bars around but 90,000+ people makes that tricky in a non-city.

Pioneer High School does rv parking......really close to stadium...we parked there Friday night...walked around campus from there, to the bars. You should be able to scalp better seats and cheaper seats than what gophersports sells....those upper rows are way, way high. Deposit money on cans, bottles I Think if you penny pinch. Traffic can be a nightmare on game days...don't expect easy in or easy out close to game time, game finish.

I went with StubHub. Would love to support the U and sit with Gopher fans, but I have done that before at the Big House and don't like where you sit. With the cash already invested in the trip I paid a bit more ($125/ea) and we are sitting goal line - 26th Row.

Bought mine as well through the U.

No true visitor section though. Michigan seats their visitors in the top row around the entire stadium.

If you want a decent seat, go secondary market. I got my tix for the Big House a couple years back (the game where we boarded the park-n-ride bus to "Hey, Jerry Kill had a seizure and isn't coming!") and were up in the nosebleeds of a stadium that already sweeps far out from the field in a big bowl. It wasn't as bad as Madison where I sat with my back against the wall of some type of fieldhouse in the very top row of the stadium, where the only facilities are porta johns, but it wasn't good.

No booze in the Big House. It still takes getting used to for B1G roadies.

Also, plan to park and ride - don't even try parking near the stadium. But I do remember how easy it was getting 100K+ people out of there leaving on a shuttle bus - well planned in my experience.

Top Bottom