goldy

I made the mistake of reading the Strib comments on this... geez, I can't tell if ppl are seriously angry or if its some sort of sarcasm. Goldy trucking the pee wees in Mascot Mania is 100% part of the joke/bit.

I made the mistake of reading the Strib comments on this... geez, I can't tell if ppl are seriously angry or if its some sort of sarcasm. Goldy trucking the pee wees in Mascot Mania is 100% part of the joke/bit.

Last time I read the comments at the star trib some small town had unveiled some new park. Nothing unusual. The very first sentence noted the town had fund raised and saved some money to pay for it outright.

The first half dozen comments that you could were about how all those darned politicians know how to do is spend money they don't have and this adds to our our terrible federal deficit...

Huge mistake

Last time I read the comments at the star trib some small town had unveiled some new park. Nothing unusual. The very first sentence noted the town had fund raised and saved some money to pay for it outright.

The first half dozen comments that you could were about how all those darned politicians know how to do is spend money they don't have and this adds to our our terrible federal deficit...

Yup, that's pretty much about right. And, any time there's an article about the Vikings or University of Minnesota building anything sports-related, most commenters are certain that all funds come directly from taxpayer pockets. Oh, and it'll somehow turn into a "libtard" vs. "right wingnut" debate regardless of the article's original topic. It's all very sad.

Yup, that's pretty much about right. And, any time there's an article about the Vikings or University of Minnesota building anything sports-related, most commenters are certain that all funds come directly from taxpayer pockets. <b>Oh, and it'll somehow turn into a "libtard" vs. "right wingnut" debate regardless of the article's original topic. </b>It's all very sad.

So glad that would never happen on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldy has upped his running game, changing his best.

He's had a birthday, all GOLD uniforms in his honor, been given a game ball, and trucked a kid at the Vikings game in last week.
Certainly gROWing athletically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.

Bob Sansavere does a 2 minute podcast every day (1 minute, 45 seconds of which is him playing movie quotes and talking about his sponsors) in which he names a "D-Bag of the Day". Today, he bestowed the honor upon Goldy.

He's had a birthday, all GOLD uniforms in his honor, been given a game ball, and trucked a kid at the Vikings game in last week.
Certainly gROWing athletically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.

Getting ELITE for his Thanksgiving clash with Bucky...

I might get blasted for this but I thought goldy laying out a little kid was lame. I felt bad for the kid.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hasn't this been done before on a couple occasions? Maybe I'm dreaming but I swear I've seen this before. I thought it was a bit, an ongoing joke that they do every couple of years. I assumed everyone was in on it...then again I could be dreaming.

per Randy:

Goldy steals show

With his team in attendance, Fleck blew the gjallarhorn before the Vikings-Tampa Bay game on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium. But it was Minnesota’s mascot that garnered attention at halftime — and on social media afterward.

Goldy Gopher, playing on a team featuring fellow mascots, took on a team of youth players from Eagan. Goldy got loose on a sweep to the right and barreled over a youngster — in full pads — just before scoring a touchdown.

Fleck, who had to leave the game at halftime, didn’t see Goldy’s hard-nosed running.

“Goldy’s competitive. He’s very competitive,” Fleck said with a smirk. “And he’s proven that. That’s why he’s a national championship mascot. It didn’t matter who he was playing against, Goldy took it to a different level.”

Maybe Fleck has another runner to go along with his “pair and a spare” trio of Smith, Brooks and Kobe McCrary.

“Watch out, Rodney and Shannon, and Kobe,” the coach said.

http://www.startribune.com/rodney-s...hers-big-ten-opener-p-j-fleck-says/447776673/

Go Gophers!!

The Pioneer Press talked to the coach of the Eagan 7th grade team.

Eagan coach Scott Solliday said the player wasn’t hurt.

“It all turned out OK and we’re all sitting back and laughing at it, but he probably was a little aggressive running over the kid,” he said.

Solliday said the Eagan players watched the play rack up a half-million Instagram views by the end of the Vikings game, getting air time on the Big Ten Network and other media.

“The kids actually got a kick out of it, to be honest with you,” he said. “For Eagan football, we can use any kind of publicity we can get.”

Goldy Crushes 7th Grade Player from Eagan

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dumb. He wasn't celebrating, he grabbed his head to make sure it didn't come flying off.

EDIT: I visited the link. Obviously national media doesn't know that Goldy spins his head.

The Pioneer Press talked to the coach of the Eagan 7th grade team.

Eagan coach Scott Solliday said the player wasn’t hurt.

“It all turned out OK and we’re all sitting back and laughing at it, but he probably was a little aggressive running over the kid,” he said.

Solliday said the Eagan players watched the play rack up a half-million Instagram views by the end of the Vikings game, getting air time on the Big Ten Network and other media.

“The kids actually got a kick out of it, to be honest with you,” he said. “For Eagan football, we can use any kind of publicity we can get.”

Goldy Crushes 7th Grade Player from Eagan

Glad to hear the team is laughing about it. Perhaps they will use this film and the kid in the future for marketing.

I would love for the Eagan kid to be mine. Imagine the senior banquet slide/video show in 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta go low on Goldy. That's just brutal. Next time in the interest of fairness give McGhee or another enforcer a school uni and let him patrol the middle with those kids.

No one wants to see Goldy get tackled as his head might spin right off and the children would have to look away in horror.

Top Bottom