Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 586 to 595 of 595
  1. #586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered User View Post
    Says the unabashed racist and homophobe.

    My goodness. The only, the only poster here who in real life is working to close the gaps between whites and blacks. There is nothing but cheap talk from the progressives and NONE of you have rolled up your sleeves and worked to improve the lives of Blacks in America. Not one of you. Homophobe? Hardly. We are used to you just making up stuff so go ahead and continue. Not surprising anyone at this point. Just another phony.
    Kingdom Warriors


  2. Default Standing for the National Anthem and US flag...

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsArenaGuy View Post
    No you werenít. Before you get mad, I respect and agree with 95% of your posts on this board. I feel you offer a great perspective that is lacking and, as a teacher, I see it everyday and love the balance you provide. However, whether quoting a movie or not, using the word retard is a dumb move. Ogee pointed that out with a good comparison, IMO. He wasnít directing it at you personally. I think both the N and the R word are off limits and using them is a bad show of character. Carry on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Carry on? You arenít interested in a response?

    Context is everything wouldnít you agree? Are we so PC that the mere mention of a word is reason to get all in our feelings?

    My man, retarded is an actual word that only has negative connotation in our overly PC culture. Just like mentally challenged or mentally disabled (which will probably become insults) it was once considered acceptable. When has it ever been acceptable to refer to anyone as a n*gger? N*gger has always been considered an insult. Thatís one.

    Point two; I was referencing a movie which used the term to explain about going to far when playing a ďretardedĒ person(their words not mine.) I was making a point that just like in the movie, Trump played the retarded/racist role wrong.

    Point three; you said it was a ďdumbĒ move. Am I now suppose to get my panties (I find them comfortable) in a bunch because you consider something I said stupid? Of course not itís context, you think something I said was stupid not that Iím stupid. I didnít call Ogee a retard; hell I didnít call President IQ a retard I was making a point by referencing a movie that used the word which was germane to the point I was making.

    Point 4; who was he directing at? He was clear with his intentions and even stated he expected to be banned for it. He didnít like what I said and found a movie quote that he thought applied to me (up yours n*gga). Thereís a million movie quotes, why that one? There is no confusion here. That would a false equivalence.

    Look, I respect your opinion. I certainly donít go around calling folks retarded but I think itís ludicrous that we expect folks to limit their vocabulary on the off chance someONE may find someTHING they said offensive. Consider the context and what does the dictionary say.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Default

    Comfortable? C'mon, man. Real talk. It's part of your turn-on, I assume?

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Cool, educate me. Why would someone vote for Trump? Do you believe Trump is a racist? If the answer is no, please give an example of a racist.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Are you serious? You seriously believe no one had a reason to vote for Trump instead of Clinton but racism.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Gopher View Post
    Are you serious? You seriously believe no one had a reason to vote for Trump instead of Clinton but racism.
    Not necessarily Clinton; Iím talking about the other GOP candidates in the primary.

    Clinton? Man if the people who voted for Trump because Clinton is sooooo corrupt applied the same logic to Trump they would be in Washington storming the White House as we speak!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Comfortable? C'mon, man. Real talk. It's part of your turn-on, I assume?
    Mannnn you havenít lived until youíve slipped on a nice pair panties with white lace!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Carry on? You arenít interested in a response?

    Context is everything wouldnít you agree? Are we so PC that the mere mention of a word is reason to get all in our feelings?

    My man, retarded is an actual word that only has negative connotation in our overly PC culture. Just like mentally challenged or mentally disabled (which will probably become insults) it was once considered acceptable. When has it ever been acceptable to refer to anyone as a n*gger? N*gger has always been considered an insult. Thatís one.

    Point two; I was referencing a movie which used the term to explain about going to far when playing a ďretardedĒ person(their words not mine.) I was making a point that just like in the movie, Trump played the retarded/racist role wrong.

    Point three; you said it was a ďdumbĒ move. Am I now suppose to get my panties (I find them comfortable) in a bunch because you consider something I said stupid? Of course not itís context, you think something I said was stupid not that Iím stupid. I didnít call Ogee a retard; hell I didnít call President IQ a retard I was making a point by referencing a movie that used the word which was germane to the point I was making.

    Point 4; who was he directing at? He was clear with his intentions and even stated he expected to be banned for it. He didnít like what I said and found a movie quote that he thought applied to me (up yours n*gga). Thereís a million movie quotes, why that one? There is no confusion here. That would a false equivalence.

    Look, I respect your opinion. I certainly donít go around calling folks retarded but I think itís ludicrous that we expect folks to limit their vocabulary on the off chance someONE may find someTHING they said offensive. Consider the context and what does the dictionary say.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did consider the context. I disagree with you. I think that word has been unacceptable all my life (41 years). Same as the other word in question. I donít find it funny, whether used in a movie or in real life. I said carry on because I donít have time to get involved in this board. Like I said, I agree with nearly all your points otherwise. If you want to pick a fight with me, Iím not biting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsArenaGuy View Post
    I did consider the context. I disagree with you. I think that word has been unacceptable all my life (41 years). Same as the other word in question. I donít find it funny, whether used in a movie or in real life. I said carry on because I donít have time to get involved in this board. Like I said, I agree with nearly all your points otherwise. If you want to pick a fight with me, Iím not biting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow... pick a fight? You chose to comment. You chose to do so in a way that alerted me via email. I didnít ask you to comment. You want me to hear what you have to say but you donít want me to respond. If I do respond to your unsolicited comments it is I who is picking a fight? Wow.

    The words arenít the same nor were they used the same. Retardation/retarded is a clinical term. It has only been phased out in the last maybe 10-15 years; nowhere near 41 years ago. You are entitled to be offended but please understand (what you are talking about) what offends you before deciding someone else is wrong . Keep in mind that I donít know what you donít know.

    Now donít respond that way I wonít respond back.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Wow... pick a fight? You chose to comment. You chose to do so in a way that alerted me via email. I didnít ask you to comment. You want me to hear what you have to say but you donít want me to respond. If I do respond to your unsolicited comments it is I who is picking a fight? Wow.

    The words arenít the same nor were they used the same. Retardation/retarded is a clinical term. It has only been phased out in the last maybe 10-15 years; nowhere near 41 years ago. You are entitled to be offended but please understand (what you are talking about) what offends you before deciding someone else is wrong . Keep in mind that I donít know what you donít know.

    Now donít respond that way I wonít respond back.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. I responded first. I thought I responded as respectfully as possible. I felt your response was combative. Maybe it wasnít. Thatís fine.

    Clearly weíre not going to agree on the word retard. Iíve known it was unacceptable since I was in elementary school. I was taught that and everyone knew it. That doesnít mean kids didnít use it. Iíve never heard adults use it unless they were uneducated or extremely immature. To be clear, Iím not describing you in that way. You quoted a movie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsArenaGuy View Post
    Yep. I responded first. I thought I responded as respectfully as possible. I felt your response was combative. Maybe it wasnít. Thatís fine.

    Clearly weíre not going to agree on the word retard. Iíve known it was unacceptable since I was in elementary school. I was taught that and everyone knew it. That doesnít mean kids didnít use it. Iíve never heard adults use it unless they were uneducated or extremely immature. To be clear, Iím not describing you in that way. You quoted a movie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair comments and to be honest, Iím not above are beyond making a stupid comment now and then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •