Shooter: Whalen still looks like a future Gophers women’s basketball coaching prospec

per Shooter:

Lindsay Whalen still looks like a future Gophers women’s basketball coaching prospect.

Whom as far as I know has never expressed any interest in college coaching. What does "still looks like a future prospect" even mean? (Shooter must have read a lot into seeing Lindsey sitting on the Williams Arena bench).

http://www.startribune.com/lynx-s-l...trate-one-more-victory-at-the-barn/448125753/

Hell, maybe Shooter has a point. By the end of last night's game Lindsey looked like she would appreciate an easier way of earning a living.

“At that point I was just thankful that we won and it was over,” she said. “Because it’s been so back and forth. I didn’t want to have a turnover on that last possession, as a point guard. And, honestly, I was like, ‘Hey, we got this one, on to Game 3. I know how tooth-and-nail this series is. And I was pretty tired at that point.”

You could see that in Whalen’s face in the fourth quarter, and even as she sat on a podium inside Williams Arena after the game. When Maya Moore answered questions, Whalen rubbed her forehead, thinking and recovering.

“I am thankful,” she said, “to have tomorrow off.”

In watching both games you can see Whalen has lost a " step " Still a heck of a player because she is so smart. I agree with you Iggy. I don't think she wants to coach college basketball. I would see her being a top WNBA ass't coach to start, and then move into a head coaching job

In watching both games you can see Whalen has lost a " step " Still a heck of a player because she is so smart. I agree with you Iggy. I don't think she wants to coach college basketball. I would see her being a top WNBA ass't coach to start, and then move into a head coaching job

It depends how she wants to spend her summers after playing basketball. She might want the Minnesota at the lake and golf with Ben lifestyle. In that case college would be the route.

It depends how she wants to spend her summers after playing basketball. She might want the Minnesota at the lake and golf with Ben lifestyle. In that case college would be the route.

I would not rule out her coaching college for the above reason plus she seems to enjoy teaching the game. I see her being involved at some level and with Cheryl Reeve being a rock star that might draw as an assistant with the Lynx.

Well, no questioning she'd be a great coach. But, if you are a college coach, summers are not free. You are on the road recruiting except for the dead periods that do come up. Not lots of time to be at the lake and golfing. And, she's not ready to retire yet.

Well, no questioning she'd be a great coach. But, if you are a college coach, summers are not free. You are on the road recruiting except for the dead periods that do come up. Not lots of time to be at the lake and golfing. And, she's not ready to retire yet.

There 10 days of dead period in July, and August is a quiet period (text and call from the lake). Plenty of time to recharge the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom