Gopher football @ the Vikings game

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
PJ blew the gjallarhorn to start the game. I'm sure it was elite.

I did see a picture on Twitter somewhere of the entire team being in a section (300's) which is a really cool experience for them. I'd guess there are players on the team who have never been to an NFL game. Fun bye weekend for them

PJ blew the gjallarhorn to start the game. I'm sure it was elite.

I did see a picture on Twitter somewhere of the entire team being in a section (300's) which is a really cool experience for them. I'd guess there are players on the team who have never been to an NFL game. Fun bye weekend for them

That is cool that PJ Fleck is doing this. Did the players in the dog house get to go too?

That is cool that PJ Fleck is doing this. Did the players in the dog house get to go too?

Ha. Maybe the players in section 334 were the guys in the dog house and the players he likes were on the field?

Took two posts to "Minnesota" the thread.

Does anyone have pics of the Gophers football players at today'd Vikings game?

I don't twit. Does anyone care to post it here?

Thanks! It looks like maybe the entire team.

I like the what's on their tee shirts: "WE'RE doing ELITE WORK, We will not come down".

It sure beats the "I am a Gopher Loafer. I let my team down" tee shirts.

Message to Coach Fleck: Mix up the seating of the players. I don't think it was intentional, but for the most part the white players sat together and the black players bunched up together.

OMG that's so brutal lol!

Funny, but related story. I was a minor league baseball mascot for a few weeks in college while the regular guy was on vacation. On my first night they did this race a kid around the bases contest. Apparently, the mascot always lets the kid win but they didn't tell me that. So I go pretty much full speed and just smoke the kid. We're coming around 3rd and I turn around and kinda moonwalk into home giving him the six shooters. I still laugh my a$$ off when I think about it, but OMG the fans were booing and the staff was like freaking out lol...you'd think I punched the kid.

Thanks! It looks like maybe the entire team.

I like the what's on their tee shirts: "WE'RE doing ELITE WORK, We will not come down".

It sure beats the "I am a Gopher Loafer. I let my team down" tee shirts.

Message to Coach Fleck: Mix up the seating of the players. I don't think it was intentional, but for the most part the white players sat together and the black players bunched up together.

You think those seats were assigned?

Looked like the Loon mascot out on the perimeter trying to sustain a block. The kid on the ground will one day grow up and say, "Kids, let me tell you about the time your dad here got Trucked by Goldy Gopher."

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OMG that's so brutal lol!

Funny, but related story. I was a minor league baseball mascot for a few weeks in college while the regular guy was on vacation. On my first night they did this race a kid around the bases contest. Apparently, the mascot always lets the kid win but they didn't tell me that. So I go pretty much full speed and just smoke the kid. We're coming around 3rd and I turn around and kinda moonwalk into home giving him the six shooters. I still laugh my a$$ off when I think about it, but OMG the fans were booing and the staff was like freaking out lol...you'd think I punched the kid.

That is effing hilarious!

Goldy Trucking a kid is a mascot football tradition.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nwdAtkE8mws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Video of Gopher football players at the Vikings game.

What are the NCAA rules on this sort of thing? No, wait...Nike paid for the tickets!

What are the NCAA rules on this sort of thing? No, wait...Nike paid for the tickets!

I was going to ask the same question. I am sure it was above board (no school can be that stupid to illegally pay for NFL tickets and have their kids all sit together wearing matching t shirts identifying them) but I am curious as to how it is allowed. This was great though and is another advantage of kids coming to the "U" that they have opportunities like this available to them that they don't have at most of the other B1G universities. I'd also hope that the Vikings giving this spot to PJ and PJ embracing the Vikings will at least give some pause to the few posters on this board who view the Vikings as the enemy. There's plenty of room for both pro and college success in the Twin Cities.

Top Bottom