The Gophers Quarterback Situation

I hope things cleared up with Croft as soon as possible. We need him to stick around. The QBs behind him need time to mature and develop. We would have loved it if Streveler had stuck around. The QB position is one area that I was really disappointed with during the Kill/Claeys era. Thank goodness for PJF inviting Rhoda back. We would have been in much dire circumstances.

I have to imagine if Rhoda had already moved on they would have retained McLaurin (assuming there wasn't something else behind the scenes - he never did latch on anywhere I don't believe, which makes me wonder). They may have also considered moving Williams back to QB. Don't get me wrong - none of those are great situations, but they'd at least have something other than true freshmen as backups.

Rhoda is a good game manager, but the offense is really limited with him in there and I'm guessing that becomes more and more apparent as they head into the BIG play. There's no guarantee that Croft even returns this year. Green pushing for playing time would not shock me (if Croft doesn't return).
This guy is smart.

We don't have a QB problem, we have an offensive line problem, they can't get any push and they can't open any holes.

We don't have a QB problem, we have an offensive line problem, they can't get any push and they can't open any holes.
Especially when the opposing team has 8 in the box and doesn't respect the QB's ability/willingness to run the football.

Top Bottom