Purdue

When I saw the score and Purdue was leading in the 2nd half, it dawned on me that Jeff Brohm could have a bigger win in his first year with the Boilermakers (and first B1G game period) than we've had at Minnesota in over a dozen years. When Iowa was up late in the 2nd half against PSU, I had a similar thought that they would have wins in each of the last 3 years (@Wisconsin, home Michigan, almost home PSU) that were bigger than any Minnesota win in over a dozen years. The biggest wins I can remember were both on the road (@PSU and @OSU) and neither of those were that great in hindsight as neither of those programs finished the year strong (PSU was #1 at the time and I believe OSU was top 5/10 and neither ended up finishing top 3 in the conference). When was the last huge home win along the lines of what Purdue/Iowa could have pulled off today? I know the Gophers haven't beaten a team that finished in the top 3 of the conference standings in the past 20 years spanning 4 full time coaches, so hopefully PJ can change that.

Purdue has been beaten by both Louisville and Michigan in dominating fashion. They didn't get boot stomped so I guess that's impressive? Seems like early Kill.

We took the Big Ten champs to overtime in their house last year. We're close.

That depends on who's playing QB for Maryland

Or depends on the defense they're playing against. Texas has been ranked around #100 in yards allowed the last 2+ years so a lot of teams have feasted on them. Their other game they throttled a FCS team. They've yet to show that proficiency against a decent D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or depends on the defense they're playing against. Texas has been ranked around #100 in yards allowed the last 2+ years so a lot of teams have feasted on them. Their other game they throttled a FCS team. They've yet to show that proficiency against a decent D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas shutout San Jose St and held USC to 17 in regulation. S&P has their D ranked 33rd. If Hill comes back for Maryland, next weeks game will be interesting. If we get the 3rd stringer, that'll make things a lot easier.

Purdue will be down two top defenders for first half of game in two weeks due to targeting calls.

Hopefully the Gophers can take advantage.

One game at a time guys. For all we know Morgan and Femi-Cole could be starting at Purdue.

I think Maryland and Purdue both had rough days, but both will be tough games.

Nope. Maryland is awful, and Purdue is just bad.

When I saw the score and Purdue was leading in the 2nd half, it dawned on me that Jeff Brohm could have a bigger win in his first year with the Boilermakers (and first B1G game period) than we've had at Minnesota in over a dozen years. When Iowa was up late in the 2nd half against PSU, I had a similar thought that they would have wins in each of the last 3 years (@Wisconsin, home Michigan, almost home PSU) that were bigger than any Minnesota win in over a dozen years. The biggest wins I can remember were both on the road (@PSU and @OSU) and neither of those were that great in hindsight as neither of those programs finished the year strong (PSU was #1 at the time and I believe OSU was top 5/10 and neither ended up finishing top 3 in the conference). When was the last huge home win along the lines of what Purdue/Iowa could have pulled off today? I know the Gophers haven't beaten a team that finished in the top 3 of the conference standings in the past 20 years spanning 4 full time coaches, so hopefully PJ can change that.

Their big win will be getting the bucket back.

A severe case of injury bug like the 2015 season when we played TCU, tOSU, and Michigan will put us in the less optimistic 5-7/6-6 season.

I'd like to think of the schedule in groups of three in order of likeliness of a win:

Tier 1:
Illinois
Maryland
Purdue

Tier 2:
Nebraska
Northwetern
Michigan State

Tier 3:
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan

Like many sports commentators and posters have said, at this juncture the gophers have the largest floor and ceiling.

Top Bottom