More problems for Rutgers football

Just watch North Carolina never get punished for what they've done academically. Such a joke.

Those aren't sanctions, that's slap on the wrist.

That's not a problem, that's dodging it.

They should be happy with that outcome.

Guess that means no bowl game for Rutgers this season...

Any time I ever see the word "sanctions" now I just think of North Carolina and what a joke this has become.

Fill us in with the UNC wrong doings.. I remember something in Basketball but vaguely.

Fill us in with the UNC wrong doings.. I remember something in Basketball but vaguely.

https://www.si.com/college-basketba...andal-ncaa-investigation-infractions-hearings

The NCAA has alleged that UNC used a fake African Studies course to help keep at-risk student-athletes academically eligible for the football and basketball seasons. Athletes in other sports have also been tied to the African Studies courses. This academic scandal spanned more than two decades and allegedly involved 3,100 students. It is estimated that 47 percent of those students were athletes, with 50 percent of those athletes being football players, 12 percent men's basketball players, 6 percent women's basketball players and the rest spread across other sports.

Deborah Crowder, a clerical employee in the Department of African and Afro-American Studies, allegedly registered students in these courses and would distribute grades that would help the athletes meet minimum GPA requirements. The "paper classes" never met and only required students to turn in a final paper. Crowder left the university in 2009 but former department chairman Julius Nyang'oro continued the "shadow curriculum."

The fake classes were discovered by rival N.C. State fans who noted a former football player's paper for a Swahili Class was plagiarized. Nyang'oro was his professor for the class.

Fake classes? Come on. We had them at the U and I wasn't even an athlete. We called them Theatre 1101 and Econ 1101 at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rashod Bateman's "Tift" team is in a battle with the #3 team in 6A football. His team is #10 in 7A. At last count, Tift had lost the lead 31 to 30 with 3:41 Togo.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

Fake classes? Come on. We had them at the U and I wasn't even an athlete. We called them Theatre 1101 and Econ 1101 at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have to show up?

Reminds me of when Pudgy Abercrombie said he was getting paid... during the Luther Darville days. Someone said, at the time, that was Minnesota's problem, paying players like Pudgy Abercrombie.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.si.com/college-basketba...andal-ncaa-investigation-infractions-hearings

The NCAA has alleged that UNC used a fake African Studies course to help keep at-risk student-athletes academically eligible for the football and basketball seasons. Athletes in other sports have also been tied to the African Studies courses. This academic scandal spanned more than two decades and allegedly involved 3,100 students. It is estimated that 47 percent of those students were athletes, with 50 percent of those athletes being football players, 12 percent men's basketball players, 6 percent women's basketball players and the rest spread across other sports.

Deborah Crowder, a clerical employee in the Department of African and Afro-American Studies, allegedly registered students in these courses and would distribute grades that would help the athletes meet minimum GPA requirements. The "paper classes" never met and only required students to turn in a final paper. Crowder left the university in 2009 but former department chairman Julius Nyang'oro continued the "shadow curriculum."

The fake classes were discovered by rival N.C. State fans who noted a former football player's paper for a Swahili Class was plagiarized. Nyang'oro was his professor for the class.

I would also look into which athletes specifically were registered for this class and determine if Nyang'oro was using racist tactics as well.

Top Bottom