Nebraska Fires AD Eichorst

He hired Mike Riley all on his own without additional input so presumably the AD has to go if they're going to get rid of Mike too.

Guessing that doesn't bode well for the underperforming football and basketball coach

Does this happen today if NU beats Northern Illinois last Saturday?

Dumpster fire alert in Lincoln!!

Eichorst was the guy Pelini called a flaming pussy in front of the entire team haha.

The Riley hire never made any sense at all.

Dumpster fire alert in Lincoln!!

Eichorst was the guy Pelini called a flaming pussy in front of the entire team haha.

The Riley hire never made any sense at all.

Bo is rough around the edges.... but not wrong.

I think a lot of Neb fans like Bo a little more these days.

Good for them.
There is no point in keeping a coach around that isn't making his players better.

I miss Bo Pellini!

Are they going to eat Mike Riley's contract including the extension?

Bo is in no hurry to find a job when NE is paying him huge sums of money.

Leaves Nebraska's coaches - many sports - twisting in the wind. Probably the football team will try to win a couple for the coach, but morale of all, from Riley to the players, must be awful. This may have something to do with the Black Friday thing, but UNL still sells out that huge stadium every Saturday (even if corporate interests buy a lot of tickets), so they are making money. They just haven't won championships in football or basketball for a while.

They keep trying but they are never going to be better than what they were in the 90's. Their glory days are over.

It doesn't bode well when your best hire was Mike Riley, then one of the little guys in your same conference just hired one of the most coveted coaches in the nation while you extend they guy you brought in.

If Minnesota still had Claeys, and if Nebraska wins last weekend, this would not be happening (yet).

But watching your team lose in a non-fluke way, while all signs point to Minnesota becoming a challenger (not to mention Purdue on a good start), time to shake things up again.

I'm sure they'll consult Scott Frost on which AD he'd like to work for.

They keep trying but they are never going to be better than what they were in the 90's. Their glory days are over.

Those clearly were the "thug" teams and I doubt if they will pop up any more particularly in the Big 10.

I miss Bo Pellini!

Are they going to eat Mike Riley's contract including the extension?

Bo is in no hurry to find a job when NE is paying him huge sums of money.

Pelini was unemployed for less than a month and has been the head coach at Youngstown St. for almost 3 full years.

Pelini was unemployed for less than a month and has been the head coach at Youngstown St. for almost 3 full years.

He recently recruited a convicted rapist and made newspapers all around the country actually.
Has not even been living a quiet life, kinda surprised people thought he just disappeared.

Maybe Les Miles might finally get another gig at NE.

It doesn't bode well when your best hire was Mike Riley, then one of the little guys in your same conference just hired one of the most coveted coaches in the nation while you extend they guy you brought in.

If Minnesota still had Claeys, and if Nebraska wins last weekend, this would not be happening (yet).

But watching your team lose in a non-fluke way, while all signs point to Minnesota becoming a challenger (not to mention Purdue on a good start), time to shake things up again.

I'm not getting this at all. I doubt current Minnesota has any influence on any way on Nebraska. The average Nebraskan still can't list all the schools in the B1G.

It's probably true that Riley won't make it 2018 - but, man, I don't think this is a particularly good year to fire your coach. An absolute blood-bath is brewing down here in the SEC. There may be several perceived "high-profile" jobs opening up, and Nebraska might not get who they think they can get. A&M, Ole Miss, Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, and Tennessee fans are all clamoring for a change. At some point the SEC needs to figure out that the math doesn't exist for them all to go 10-2.

I'm not getting this at all. I doubt current Minnesota has any influence on any way on Nebraska. The average Nebraskan still can't list all the schools in the B1G.

Agreed. I really doubt they're looking up here at all.

It's probably true that Riley won't make it 2018 - but, man, I don't think this is a particularly good year to fire your coach. An absolute blood-bath is brewing down here in the SEC. There may be several perceived "high-profile" jobs opening up, and Nebraska might not get who they think they can get. A&M, Ole Miss, Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, and Tennessee fans are all clamoring for a change. At some point the SEC needs to figure out that the math doesn't exist for them all to go 10-2.

Ole Miss fans are clamoring for a change from their interim HC hired 2 months ago?

Also, I very much doubt that Florida is going to fire a coach in his 3rd season after at least 2 (if not 3) division championships in those 3 seasons.

Ole Miss fans are clamoring for a change from their interim HC hired 2 months ago?

Also, I very much doubt that Florida is going to fire a coach in his 3rd season after at least 2 (if not 3) division championships in those 3 seasons.

So - you think the interim HC at Ole Miss is going to get hired full time? My overall point was that it is looking like there will be a lot of turnover in the SEC this off-season. Calm down.

So - you think the interim HC at Ole Miss is going to get hired full time? My overall point was that it is looking like there will be a lot of turnover in the SEC this off-season. Calm down.

No, I don't think he will. It's just weird to put the context of "clamoring for a change" when their current coach is interim and a very small percentage of interim coaches are actually kept on full-time.

Of the jobs you listed, I predict that only Ole Miss, A&M, and maybe Arkansas will hire new coaches.

No, I don't think he will. It's just weird to put the context of "clamoring for a change" when their current coach is interim and a very small percentage of interim coaches are actually kept on full-time.

Of the jobs you listed, I predict that only Ole Miss, A&M, and maybe Arkansas will hire new coaches.

I'd wager on that.

Butch Jones is VERY unlikely to be back in Knoxville, barring a miracle turnaround.

Top Bottom