Doogie's At It Again.....

sirloin1078

Reaction score
Doogie (I know....) just said on Mackey and Judd that it will be announced next week that a Gophers starter will be out for "several" weeks because he "found trouble". Anybody have some inside knowledge? Knowing this program's luck, it'll be Johnson, Winfield or Celestin.

One man should not make the team.

That said, we don't have the depth in certain positions to fulfill that. Hoping its a starter in a position where we have some depth.

He doesn't know ****. What's a big story he actually broke, even meat sauce has broken bigger stories. Probably getting played like he did a few years ago by hoiberg agent

He doesn't know ****. What's a big story he actually broke, even meat sauce has broken bigger stories. Probably getting played like he did a few years ago by hoiberg agent

You may very well be right, but he nailed the Croft story before it broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another site is also saying it is true so there you go . . . No word yet on who it is.

It would be nice if Doogie stopped getting these kids in trouble for his own purposes...

Doogie mentioned on his Podcast last week that a second player incurred a first offense (Croft had two offenses).

Doogie isn't going to make something like this up.

Go Gophers!!

It's real. We don't know who it is. Just hope that it's a replaceable guy and not Winfield or Richardson or Johnson or a CB

I doubt Winfield, since he had a C on his jersey last game. I doubt players are getting rewarded with C on their jersey if they are getting into trouble.

Also, if the player made a spot start 3 years ago, Doogie would claim it was a starter that was out

I doubt Winfield, since he had a C on his jersey last game. I doubt players are getting rewarded with C on their jersey if they are getting into trouble.

What does the C mean anyway. I thought it was Captain, but like 15 players had it on their Jerseys.

It would be fun to check in to catch surprise GOOD NEWS once in a while. I suppose that happens and I just tend to focus on the bad news because I am a fan, and a Minnesotan. But, through my gold colored glasses it seems like bad news is the only surprise news when it comes to the Gophers.

What does the C mean anyway. I thought it was Captain, but like 15 players had it on their Jerseys.

It is. There's about 20 "game captains", which is apparently different than the team captains which were named prior to the season.

It's to symbolize the Crack on their shoulders. Fleck said he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder he has a crack!

You may very well be right, but he nailed the Croft story before it broke.

Sounds like a lot of the media knew about Croft, not just Doogie. Ryan Burns mentioned Croft in his podcast 2 days before the announcement from Fleck.

These stories are crappy and we have last season's episode so fresh in our minds. Doogie knows this and plays it to his advantage. He's the worst.

Sounds like a lot of the media knew about Croft, not just Doogie. Ryan Burns mentioned Croft in his podcast 2 days before the announcement from Fleck.

These stories are crappy and we have last season's episode so fresh in our minds. Doogie knows this and plays it to his advantage. He's the worst.

Agree with this. I am no fan of Doogie.

What are some of these people thinking that they can get away of doing "misbehavior?" You know you're going to get caught eventually and it leaves a mark on the program. I don't get it.

What are some of these people thinking that they can get away of doing "misbehavior?" You know you're going to get caught eventually and it leaves a mark on the program. I don't get it.

Same reason anyone "misbehaves"?

If you're going to hate on Doogie for sensationalizing and using the negative feelings of the public in stories, you have to dislike almost every journalist out there. In this day-and-age, it's about sales, listeners, and clicks. Nothing more. Doogies is no worse than anyone else in that regard.

It would be nice if Doogie stopped getting these kids in trouble for his own purposes...

That's kind of a dumb thing to say. The fact that somebody got in trouble, and the fact Doogie is publicizing private information before the relevant parties announce it, are not mutually exclusive in their idiocy.

Other reporters knew this information and have not said anything because they know they're not supposed to, because they're not dicks, and because they are respecting kids' privacy.

Doogie's little gossip now casts doubt on the whole team until Fleck tells us who it is.
Somebody needs to smack that sad little man.

Doogie seems to post a lot of "click-bait" style stories. Then you click and you haven't learned anything.

"You won't believe what ___ has done now!"

"Whispers that a big announcement is coming!"

"People in the know expect us to be short handed in next weeks game"

Doogie seems to post a lot of "click-bait" style stories. Then you click and you haven't learned anything.

Agreed. He's the "I know something you don't know" kid from the playground.

"Fix Your Football Culture With This One Simple Fleck....I mean Trick"

That's kind of a dumb thing to say. The fact that somebody got in trouble, and the fact Doogie is publicizing private information before the relevant parties announce it, are not mutually exclusive in their idiocy.

Other reporters knew this information and have not said anything because they know they're not supposed to, because they're not dicks, and because they are respecting kids' privacy.

Doogie's little gossip now casts doubt on the whole team until Fleck tells us who it is.
Somebody needs to smack that sad little man.

Not a dumb thing to say at all, in fact I had the same reaction to the original post - "darn that Doogie, always getting our players suspended! He's up to his old tricks again..."

There's a lot of resentment of Doogie on this board. It's kind of funny the way people react to him, as if he's anything more than an obscure sports reporter trying to make a name by doing the same thing the rest of them do.

If you're going to hate on Doogie for sensationalizing and using the negative feelings of the public in stories, you have to dislike almost every journalist out there. In this day-and-age, it's about sales, listeners, and clicks. Nothing more. Doogies is no worse than anyone else in that regard.

Sure, but there's rarely any meat on that bone.

Top Bottom