Doogie's At It Again.....

Can we have a moratorium on name speculation until there is an official announcement?

It isn't fair to those involved.

So why the cloak of secrecy over these new suspensions, when Croft's suspension was made so public?

So why the cloak of secrecy over these new suspensions, when Croft's suspension was made so public?

If I had to guess, I would say that Croft's was in the lead-up to a game, while these are during the lead-up to a bye week. For one thing, the entire staff is out on the road recruiting, and for another, there's no upcoming game compelling them to release a depth chart and to consequently explain why Player A and Player B are not on it.

Croft isnt suspended. He is "away from the team for personal reasons".

Sorry, I forgot the correct terminology. :)
Let me try again
Why the cloak of secrecy over the new suspensions, when Croft's "away from the team for personal reasons" was made so public?
That even seems more a** backwards.

If I had to guess, I would say that Croft's was in the lead-up to a game, while these are during the lead-up to a bye week. For one thing, the entire staff is out on the road recruiting, and for another, there's no upcoming game compelling them to release a depth chart and to consequently explain why Player A and Player B are not on it.

That doesn't explain Still and Waters at the last game.

Sorry, I forgot the correct terminology. :)
Let me try again
Why the cloak of secrecy over the new suspensions, when Croft's "away from the team for personal reasons" was made so public?
That even seems more a** backwards.

Sorry wasn't trying to nitpick. I guess to me it seems like in both cases we don't know what is going on. Maybe more of a light on Croft because it is the QB.

EDIT: of course in the second case we don't know WHO. So yeah I got no idea. :)

The most amazing thing about this thread is that Coach Fleck is suspending players (or not playing them) without telling anyone why he is doing it and not one poster (so far) has whined about the lack of due process. Will wonders never cease.

Actually, Sparky, neither you nor I have any idea why the players were suspended, nor what PJ said (or didn't say) to the player as to the reason for the player's suspension. It is NOT PJ's responsibility to tell you, me, or anyone else on GH WHY the player is being suspended. It's his responsibility to tell ONLY the suspended player the reason, and if he so chooses, the team. That's the "due process" in this case. Attempting to dredge up the 2016 debacle (yes, I see through your facade) and equate that with this issue is nonsensical until we know more information.

Actually, Sparky, neither you nor I have any idea why the players were suspended, nor what PJ said (or didn't say) to the player as to the reason for the player's suspension. It is NOT PJ's responsibility to tell you, me, or anyone else on GH WHY the player is being suspended. It's his responsibility to tell ONLY the suspended player the reason, and if he so chooses, the team. That's the "due process" in this case. Attempting to dredge up the 2016 debacle (yes, I see through your facade) and equate that with this issue is nonsensical until we know more information.
+1000

This is what internet message boards were designed for.

On a more serious note: It does seem silly to let people just endlessly speculate. That seems less fair or politically correct to the team than just addressing the transgressions and who committed them. Announce it, it's over and done. That way it's not discussed for weeks. It doesn't get legs or take on a life of it's own with wild speculation and meanwhile everybody forgets the joy of being 3 and 0. This way The PROGRAM is an afterthought...it's all negative about I heard blah blah... not 100% honest. It does not follow PJ's culture of the farmers alliance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwH2IGCmlec

The most amazing thing about this thread is that Coach Fleck is suspending players (or not playing them) without telling anyone why he is doing it and not one poster (so far) has whined about the lack of due process. Will wonders never cease.

Not even the same thing, but you keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

source says its duke you guys, which is a shame since NFL scouts were starting to call on him.

We all admit we don't know why they are being suspended yet a number of folks have already concluded it was something past coaches let them get away with. Gotta love it.

I should have worded it differently to say that there are rumors of that. My bad. Either way, how is your comment about Fleck not having control over his players any different? If you don't know what's going on, how can you make that claim?

On a more serious note: It does seem silly to let people just endlessly speculate. That seems less fair or politically correct to the team than just addressing the transgressions and who committed them. Announce it, it's over and done. That way it's not discussed for weeks. It doesn't get legs or take on a life of it's own with wild speculation and meanwhile everybody forgets the joy of being 3 and 0. This way The PROGRAM is an afterthought...it's all negative about I heard blah blah... not 100% honest. It does not follow PJ's culture of the farmers alliance.

The only place the endless wild speculating and taking a life of its own is here on GHole.

Clearly, PJ Fleck wants to put his stamp into the program. He wants to run a clean disciplined brand of team football while imparting values that will benefit the players long after they graduate. We can't forget that he has a teaching degree, and he is using that effectively.

He has said repeatedly you don't play no matter how good you are if you don't buy in. He is sending a clear message to the kids what it takes to this end.

IMHO, he is dealing with a percentage of nonconformists. Anything from schoolwork, coming to class late, underage drinking, smoking Mary Jane, etc... We can speculate all we want. He respects the privacy of these kids. We leave it at that and we hope that these kids bounce back later on during the season when we need more bodies.

All we know is that these kids are getting or were re-calibrated: D Croft, R Still, T Devers, J Waters (?), D McGhee (?), and who knows others.

His message is very clear. There are more important things in life than football.

We sincerely hope that we get most of these kids back before the season is over!

Pretty sure it is him.

Hey! JohnnyOne Note! You're back!

Updating your list could get time consuming.

The below are just since 9:05 tonight. You got any new material?

- "He's complimented the previous staff multiple times, it's not his fault you have your head in the sand. He has no obligation to bring up the previous staff when talking about the current team a month into the season. It's been more than 9 months, I think some of you guys should get over the previous staff. Colorado State almost ran for more yards in one game than the team has allowed the entire year thus far. Clear improvement, should he credit the previous staff for that as well?"

- You getting separation anxiety having not seen Claeys in months too? I know it's tough just know he's a millionaire in Kansas, he's going to be alright if he doesn't get praised every second of the day."

- "Why didn't they mention that Robb Smith inherited the best defense of all time?"

- "He hasn't seen Claeys on TV in months, he's getting really annoyed."

- "Yeah can't believe he's never talked about the linebackers the previous staff left behind."

Oh the irony. We have pages of posts where people are upset about how the names of several payers got released last year and now we have pages of people asking and speculating on the names of players that may or may not have been disciplined for something we don't know even happen!

Rashad Still was suspended but will play Saturday. I believe Duke played against MTSU, right? (not being a smart alec - seriously double checking) If so, I'd take this to mean he's not suspended...

Fleck also addressed two suspensions.

Quarterback Demry Croft, the co-starter for the season’s first two games, remains indefinitely suspended. Previously, Fleck had said Croft was away from the team because of personal issues.

Wide receiver Rashad Still, who was suspended for the Middle Tennessee game because of undisclosed disciplinary reasons, will return against Maryland.

“I’ve said it before: If you don’t do the right things, you won’t play,” Fleck said. “This is a privilege, not a right.”

When asked if there were any others who played against Middle Tennessee but won’t against Maryland, Fleck responded, “Right now, I can’t think of any.”

http://www.startribune.com/rodney-s...hers-big-ten-opener-p-j-fleck-says/447776673/

Top Bottom