Doogie's At It Again.....

If true, gotta wonder what happened with these guys.

Outside of one ugly incident the Kill and TC eras were pretty clean. It's hard to imagine there was a lot going on and PJ is cleaning up a mess... but here we are again with another dude in some sort of situation.

And man if we could just make an example of some non starters already.... put me on the team for a day and throw me under the bus.

If true, gotta wonder what happened with these guys.

Outside of one ugly incident the Kill and TC eras were pretty clean. It's hard to imagine there was a lot going on and PJ is cleaning up a mess... but here we are again with another dude in some sort of situation.

And man if we could just make an example of some non starters already.... put me on the team for a day and throw me under the bus.

It's hard to imagine TC/Kill didn't drug test players? If Mr. Doogie is to be believed, he said the players are being held more responsible in one particular area. He also said it's a player on the defensive side of the ball.

Well my general question is what the story is so I don't know if it is that.

But let's say it is, I belive you still have to test...

I believe the NCAA only tests a limited number of players during the regular season, offseason, and the postseason. And only the postseason drug tests actually test for street drugs.

As another poster already mentioned, it sure would be nice to check GopherHole one in awhile and get SURPRISE GOOD NEWS! It would be a nice change of pace from stuff like this or the latest injury.

On the positive side, I think it's important for Fleck to be very tight with the discipline in year one to set a tone for the program. He can have all of the "Gopher Talk" and acronyms he wants, but if the players know that if you are good enough on the field that you'll play anyway...then all the verbal stuff goes out the window. The younger guys seeing on the roster seeing a starter suspended (if the speculation is correct) will hopefully learn from this that PJ talks it and walks it in terms of expectations.

Is Duke McGhee confirmed as the player?

That would definitely suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you imagine what would happen to the rosters of Michigan, Ohio St, Clemson, Florida St...hell, anybody, if there were legit pot tests and legit consequences tomorrow?

There wouldn't be a single game played this coming Saturday.

Heck, half of Fleck's staff might be gone.

Let's be careful on the demonization of some college kids smoking pot.

THIS

One man should not make the team.

That said, we don't have the depth in certain positions to fulfill that. Hoping its a starter in a position where we have some depth.

I'm fine with the new culture Coach Fleck brings. I'm fine with a culture that makes winning in all areas of life a priority because that includes game day. I don't want 50 more years of losing, 50 more years of no championships. Do whatever it takes to make your new culture successful off the field AND on the field. So, I don't care if you kick some starters off, especially if they are not your recruits. That said, you better find a way to win NOW with the players left. If we are not going to have a winning program ALL THE TIME, I don't care who the coach is.

I was hoping PJ would have better control of his team than this. Sad.

I think that's the point of the suspensions; to get control of the team and make the players realize they have to put the team ahead of themselves. It sounds like the suspended players are getting in trouble for things they previously wouldn't have.

Is there only one person on this thread saying it is duke???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was hoping PJ would have better control of his team than this. Sad.

He is taking control now with moves like this. I am guessing Fleck had to spend time with them and understand what he has before making moves like this. I am all for it as this is about his rules for conduct and he sends a clear message with these moves: Don't mess.

It sounds like the suspended players are getting in trouble for things they previously wouldn't have.

We don't know why the suspended players are getting in trouble but isn't it nice to know our new football coach has team rules about how his players should behave off the field and he actually enforces those rules. What a breath of fresh air it is to have a Gopher football coach who doesn't wait for players to be charged with felonies before he exercises his authority over the team.

Can you imagine what would happen to the rosters of Michigan, Ohio St, Clemson, Florida St...hell, anybody, if there were legit pot tests and legit consequences tomorrow?

Take it or leave it fellas. If it's a link confirmation you want, you'll have to wait for the news cycle to catch up.
I'd assume if it wasn't bye week the news would have come out already.

Pretty sure the fella's being reprimanded forgot to cross themselves after sitting down for the evening meal. Gotta make sure they are elite in all four areas, physically, mentally, socially and spiritually. It's that spiritual signage that's tripping those dudes up!!! [emoji56] [emoji41]

We don't know why the suspended players are getting in trouble but isn't it nice to know our new football coach has team rules about how his players should behave off the field and he actually enforces those rules. What a breath of fresh air it is to have a Gopher football coach who doesn't wait for players to be charged with felonies before he exercises his authority over the team.

There is no such thing as a part time idiot.

OSU suspended a handful of quality players two years ago against Virginia Tech in their opener including Bosa as well as Jalin Smith, Dontre Wilson and Corey Smith for a failed drug test.

I would rather see players using marijuana to ease pain than opiates. Can I still RTB?

If it's Duke then I think we can live with that as his backup just won Big Ten defensive player of the week plus we have Ayinde. I wonder if this means we take the shirt off of Handy-Holly?

I tried to ignore this but I cannot help myself. What are you even talking about? Has there ever been a time a gopher player was on the roster and charged with a felony?

Outside the obvious incident, what makes you think the previous regime did not enforce rules? If the standard is one issue over the course of 6 years, tell me, do you think Mark Dantonio, Urban Meyer, and Nick Saban enforce rules? They all faced similar issues in that same time period.

I tried to ignore this but I cannot help myself. What are you even talking about? Has there ever been a time a gopher player was on the roster and charged with a felony?

Outside the obvious incident, what makes you think the previous regime did not enforce rules? If the standard is one issue over the course of 6 years, tell me, do you think Mark Dantonio, Urban Meyer, and Nick Saban enforce rules? They all faced similar issues in that same time period.

If you click on the username you can set them to ignore... just say'n.

Who got charged with a felony? I think I missed that.

The most amazing thing about this thread is that Coach Fleck is suspending players (or not playing them) without telling anyone why he is doing it and not one poster (so far) has whined about the lack of due process. Will wonders never cease.

Take it or leave it fellas. If it's a link confirmation you want, you'll have to wait for the news cycle to catch up.
I'd assume if it wasn't bye week the news would have come out already.

Since you were out in front of the Croft thing before that broke fully, that's enough for me.

Top Bottom