Doogie's At It Again.....

We all admit we don't know why they are being suspended yet a number of folks have already concluded it was something past coaches let them get away with. Gotta love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know why the suspended players are getting in trouble but isn't it nice to know our new football coach has team rules about how his players should behave off the field and he actually enforces those rules. What a breath of fresh air it is to have a Gopher football coach who doesn't wait for players to be charged with felonies before he exercises his authority over the team.

I agree with some of your viewpoints on Title IX but posts like this are cringe-worthy. Do you really have a position you believe in or are you mainly about constantly roiling the waters?

The most amazing thing about this thread is that Coach Fleck is suspending players (or not playing them) without telling anyone why he is doing it and not one poster (so far) has whined about the lack of due process. Will wonders never cease.

I don't think anyone on here has ever argued that the HC shouldn't be able to suspend or kick a player off the team for whatever reason they want to. It's however a completely different case when a public university does that. There are different standards and procedures to go about. Not a great comparison.

The most amazing thing about this thread is that Coach Fleck is suspending players (or not playing them) without telling anyone why he is doing it and not one poster (so far) has whined about the lack of due process. Will wonders never cease.

Actually, if we find out that he suspended them based solely on another student's accusation and arbitrarily took that student's word over that of mutiple players telling a different story, yeah, I'd have a problem with it. Wouldn't you?

We all admit we don't know why they are being suspended yet a number of folks have already concluded it was something past coaches let them get away with. Gotta love it.

Everyone is expendable. Heck, Kill kicked a kid off the team who was well documented to be our best WR through multiple best friends of his mother.

Does Fleck have a different approach to discipline than previous coaches? Possible. You would have to know Fleck's rules and be able to compare them to previous coaches' rules.

Did Kill or Claeys tell their players it was OK to smoke pot? I would say no.

Did Kill or Claeys and/or the other coaches have some kind of understanding or gentlemen's agreement that they would turn a blind eye to players smoking pot? Again, I would say no.

Every coach has rules. And every coach decides how those rules are going to be enforced. some coaches may handle things out of the public eye - i.e. a player may not start, or may sit out a game without being officially "suspended." Fleck may like to handle things differently. that is his right. that does not mean that his approach is inherently "better," just different. To really evaluate whether his approach is better, you would have to know the number of incidents and the type of incidents under previous coaches, and then compare that to incidents under Fleck over the same time period. Like almost everything else with Fleck, it's just too soon to draw any type of definitive conclusions about his coaching style and methods. A year or two years from now, we'll be in a much better position to make those types of judgements.

It's hard to imagine TC/Kill didn't drug test players? If Mr. Doogie is to be believed, he said the players are being held more responsible in one particular area. He also said it's a player on the defensive side of the ball.

What I've been told from a former track team member is that up until recently a surprisingly small percentage of drug tests were actually run due to the costs. The thought was the threat would be enough to deter usage. Then the U would "randomly" choose the under performing scholarship players and see if they had an excuse to dismiss them. It wasn't public knowledge but everyone pretty much knew it, if you know what I mean.

He said that he's heard that now they are either doing a higher percentage or all, and now it's at least more random so that may explain the difference.

What I've been told from a former track team member is that up until recently a surprisingly small percentage of drug tests were actually run due to the costs. The thought was the threat would be enough to deter usage. Then the U would "randomly" choose the under performing scholarship players and see if they had an excuse to dismiss them. It wasn't public knowledge but everyone pretty much knew it, if you know what I mean.

He said that he's heard that now they are either doing a higher percentage or all, and now it's at least more random so that may explain the difference.

I think that's a rumor I've heard about every other team ;)

Granted... it could be common practice.

Saw a guy who looked an awful lot like him hawking blunts in Dinky Town the other night.

DAMN IT DOOGIE!

9Uoz7BH.gif

It's also nice to know with the new coaches' culture there are no discipline problems. Of course he's only been here 9 months and most of the kids who got in trouble with the old coach were here 3 weeks.

We don't know why the suspended players are getting in trouble but isn't it nice to know our new football coach has team rules about how his players should behave off the field and he actually enforces those rules. What a breath of fresh air it is to have a Gopher football coach who doesn't wait for players to be charged with felonies before he exercises his authority over the team.

Oh Mrs. Coyle............stop. just stop.

Haha this is priceless. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!

I think that's the point of the suspensions; to get control of the team and make the players realize they have to put the team ahead of themselves. It sounds like the suspended players are getting in trouble for things they previously wouldn't have.

You know something to make you think that is the case?

It's also nice to know with the new coaches' culture there are no discipline problems. Of course he's only been here 9 months and most of the kids who got in trouble with the old coach were here 3 weeks.

Freshman arrive on campus in June.

This could be true. It could also be that the former track team member hangs with an underperforming scholarship player who was tested and has an axe to grind.

Nobody on campus has an axe to grind. And that's gone on for far too long.

It's a big school.... SOMEONE has an axe to grind.

I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but someone is bound to.

The problem is there is no axe...

Weed

Doogie (I know....) just said on Mackey and Judd that it will be announced next week that a Gophers starter will be out for "several" weeks because he "found trouble". Anybody have some inside knowledge? Knowing this program's luck, it'll be Johnson, Winfield or Celestin.

Heard it was Still and Demry for weed. Kids being stupid

Everyone is expendable. Heck, Kill kicked a kid off the team who was well documented to be our best WR through multiple best friends of his mother.

Crazy thing is that guy was our best WR that year and probably would have been the next year as well. So yeah, Kill didn't pull too many punches either.

Top Bottom