Week 4 Other Games Thread

If I was a college coach I'd offer a full ride to the best high school kicker and punter every year. Or the 2nd best. or 3rd. until you get one of each.

It is AMAZING how bad college kickers/punters are on a consistent basis.

I haven't watched much of the game but it sounds like Penn St has a huge yardage advantage over Iowa. Are they just turning the ball over?

No, they just haven't been punching it in the end zone. They have like 4 times the yardage Iowa does and should be up by 20.

LSU struggling vs Syracuse on ESPN2 (209 if you're a directv customer)

Crazy touchdown put Iowa ahead, but they missed the two point conversion. 4th and 1 coming up for Penn State, could be the play of the game.

Crazy touchdown put Iowa ahead, but they missed the two point conversion. 4th and 1 coming up for Penn State, could be the play of the game.

Play action and hit a TE for a TD. Will be wide open (or give the ball to Barkley. He is a stud)

I've been really impressed by Iowa's defense tonight. ISU made them look really bad last week -- that QB carved them up. PSU doesn't appear to have much of a vertical passing game, which is surprising considering how dynamic they were last year with McSorley and Barkley.

They went with Barkley. That dude is ridiculous. His hurdle just a bit ago made me miss Maxx.

They went with Barkley. That dude is ridiculous. His hurdle just a bit ago made me miss Maxx.

And he got hit by a defender while in mid air. The guy just bounced off of him like Christian Okoye in Tecmo Super Bowl.

Buffalo beats the flying Lane Kiffins. Like to track our opponents scores. I think they're a much improved team this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penn St quarterback seems to be good at handoffs. That is about all he seems to be good at. Do they lack playmakers outside of Barkley or am I missing something?

He's 23/36 passing for 216 yards; 16 rushes for 49 yards.

Iowa gonna drive down the field and kick a FG to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, Iowa blocks Penn State's attempt. Yikes.

That was such horrible FG protection. That wing didn't even step in at all. It's not as if Iowa ran some complicated scheme there...the dude just put his head down and ran through a gap.

And now Iowa scores. Wow.

Iowa scoring here was the best thing that could happen for PSU. Now 1:42 w 2 TO's instead of Iowa kicking a FG with 30 seconds left.

They scored too quickly. I feel a devastating loss coming on for the Hawkeyes.

Don't see any reason why Iowa is better than us. This bodes well for us overall despite Iowa being a B1G west threat to us.

Iowa scoring here was the best thing that could happen for PSU. Now 1:42 w 2 TO's instead of Iowa kicking a FG with 30 seconds left.

True. I'd bet dollars to donuts the Iowa staff wasn't trying to score a TD there -- just wanted to grind the clock and kick a FG. They weren't even ready with a 2-pt play...hell, didn't even realize they should go for 2.

Very happy that DirecTV finally has SEC network again

But now Mcsorley has to win it for you against a strong D that KNOWS pass is coming because a TD is needed.

Can't rely on Barkley ball control now.

Top Bottom