Week 4 Other Games Thread

Yeah - I was actually hoping that Michigan walked in and destroyed Purdue...The Boilermakers are for real (as much as they can be)...almost more worried about this game than the @Iowa or @jNW.

USC/Cal game is very good. Cal defense pretty stout.

After just firing the AD, I don't know what you would gain by firing Riley immediately.

Just from a stability standpoint, don't you let him finish the season rather than go through the whole interim head coach thing?
You'll want your new AD to select your new coach, so there's not going to be a rush on a new HC hire.

I watched something the other night saying the new signing period is going to change when coaches get fired this year. They want the new guy in so he can get people signed before the majority of the athletes are gone. So I don't think Riley will be kept all season...

UCF beating the crap out of Maryland at Maryland.
228 yards rushing and 178 yards passing for UCF.

This is the second time that I can think about the Gophers having a bye week during a lot of chaos. I remember 2014 we had the off week when Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, UCLA and Texas A&M, who were all in the top 10, all lost. Plus Arizona State beat USC and Northwestern beat Wiscy for more upsets.

Dayum.

Anyone else having trouble with the BTN stream?

So, Alabama is absolutely wrecking Vanderbilt. Yikes.

Otherwise:
Boston College is hanging with Clemson, 14-7 Tigers
Cal hanging with USC, 16-13, Trojans
TCU up 37-17, Horned Frogs look good

Clemson #2 in country tied 7-7 start of 4th quarter

What channel is that Clemson game on? Is Miami-Toledo on as well? I'd like to catch some of these close finishes but i can't find 'em...even in the way high up numbers lol.

It's ESPN2 on my lineup. Clemson just extended the lead, 21-7

Targeting call on Purdue gives UM a chance to score. Purdue loses their defensive leader.

Wake Forest holds off App St thanks to a blocked FG at the end.

20-19

Targeting call on Purdue gives UM a chance to score. Purdue loses their defensive leader.

Yeah, that was a reckless hit. Not even needed as it was going to be incomplete regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mich about to punch it in again...and Purude with another targeting penalty. This is a for sure as well. So two top defenders will miss the first half of the MN game. Nice.

That targeting penalty looked a lot like the hit on Leidner against Ohio State a couple of years ago that the B1G refs reversed.

Mich just wore out Purdue in the 2nd half. Purdue is clearly better than they've been, but they don't appear to have the depth on either side to compete late into games with good teams. The played Louisville and Mich extremely tough early and faded late. Great job by their staff to turn things around so quickly.

And I'll reiterate that I'm not at all impressed by the Mich offense. Defense is extremely solid. I might get slammed for this, but Mich looks a lot like MN to me. No dynamic playmakers at WR, average QB, running game that wears you down. Stout D with great playmakers on DL and LB.

Vanderbilt's possessions Saturday vs Alabama:
Interception
Punt
Punt
Fumble
Punt
Fumble
Punt
End half
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

Vanderbilt's possessions Saturday vs Alabama:
Interception
Punt
Punt
Fumble
Punt
Fumble
Punt
End half
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

MTSU guy said they have a better defense than us. I wonder how many points Bama would put on us.

Alabama is really really good.

Purdue is not that good.

Maryland is not good at all. Gophers will run for 250 yards against them. Their QB being out wouldnt matter. He'd get 10 possessions if he is lucky.

Nebraska is a bad football team. Gophers need to crush Nebraska. Riley won't be coaching that game.

Saquon Barkley is very very very good.

This is super far off topic but it looks like Saquon Barkley's GF use to date Leveon Bell. Or her sister did...regardless, odd.

MD lost their QB to injury. Totally suck w/o him.

Michigan St is going to get rolled and looks beatable

MD lost their QB to injury. Totally suck w/o him.

Yeah, I understand, but UCF was over 400 yards of total offense, which is on the Maryland defense. I want to think we can run well against the Turtles.

Iowa D looks great.
Iowa offense looks like the HC hired his kid as OC.

Top Bottom