CBS Sports 130 college football rankings (#35. Minnesota)

If Gophs and MD are 3-0, a Gophs win should pretty much be a lock to crack the top 25, wouldn't you think?

If Gophs and MD are 3-0, a Gophs win should pretty much be a lock to crack the top 25, wouldn't you think?

I don't think so. The gophers have not even received votes in the AP poll yet.

You're assuming a win vs a 3-0 Maryland team moves the Gophers up 10 spots. Lets say its worth 4...you'd need a lot of teams to drop a long ways.

You're assuming a win vs a 3-0 Maryland team moves the Gophers up 10 spots. Lets say its worth 4...you'd need a lot of teams to drop a long ways.

OK, how about this...a decisive Gophs win and they should pretty much be a lock to crack the top 25.

Gophs just beat a team that was ten spots behind them and moved up 14 spots on this list. MD is 27.

I don't know. I would have thought they were a lock to at least get a couple votes in the latest AP Poll, yet they got zip. Granted, its 2 weeks from now and several 2-0/3-0 teams will have suffered their first loss of the season by then. But I'd still peg Gophers for just outside Top 25 even if they beat Maryland.

I don't know. I would have thought they were a lock to at least get a couple votes in the latest AP Poll, yet they got zip. Granted, its 2 weeks from now and several 2-0/3-0 teams will have suffered their first loss of the season by then. But I'd still peg Gophers for just outside Top 25 even if they beat Maryland.

You can move from unranked to ranked pretty quickly with a win that catches people's attention. The question is whether beating a team outside of the top 25 at home would do that.

CBS' Top 130 has Gophers up to #35.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/cbs/130

Go Gophers!!

Which matches their position in the Coaches Poll:

Others receiving votes: West Virginia 100, Vanderbilt 92, Colorado 84, Maryland 48, Kansas State 45, Memphis 36, Notre Dame 24, Kentucky 18, California 18, Minnesota 14, Stanford 11, C State 9, Houston 9, Duke 8, Navy 7, Iowa 6, Tennessee 3, Appalachian State 2, Wake Forest 2, Boise State 2, Michigan State 2, Arkansas 1

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Saw a computer site had us #10 this week. Clearly smarter than the rest of the polls...

We'll be idle and still move up this week. Only strength of schedule to date has us out of the Top 25 now. A strong Maryland win should do it.

Need to get to 5-0 before we crack the top 25, 7-0 would get us just outside the top 10.

I don't care what we are ranked as long as there is a "0" in the loss column. It will take care of itself

You can move from unranked to ranked pretty quickly with a win that catches people's attention. The question is whether beating a team outside of the top 25 at home would do that.

I would think with another win, MD cracks the Top 25.

I don't blame them. That seems fine for a team that hasn't yet had that game that proves much to break into the top 25.

I don't care what we are ranked as long as there is a "0" in the loss column. It will take care of itself

This.

If Maryland win, and we beat Maryland, we'll be around 25 depending on other games.

Top Bottom