NYT profile on Kill: Seizures Drove Him Out of Coaching. Now He’s Back, & So Are They

BleedGopher

Reaction score
NYT profile on Kill: Seizures Drove Him Out of Coaching. Now He’s Back, & So Are They

per the New York Times:

“My mother worked her whole life,” Ash said. “My brother works every day; he drives a truck. I don’t know why coaching is any different. There’s a lot of people in America who suffer from that disease. It doesn’t mean they can’t work.”

Kill has no intention of stepping away from the sideline. He was back there calling plays this past Saturday, a decision supported by his wife, Rebecca.

“This is what he loves to do and is good at,” she said. “I just felt this is what he needed to do.”

She added: “He’s happy, and when he’s happy, I’m happy. That’s all that matters.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/sports/ncaafootball/jerry-kill-rutgers-football.html

Go Gophers!!

He then should be in the booth upstairs. He's the OC, but you can bet he is coaching on every play in his mind by being on the field.

He then should be in the booth upstairs. He's the OC, but you can bet he is coaching on every play in his mind by being on the field.

Agree. He is clearly having trouble stepping away from being head coach and on the sidelines.

ol' jer is a ball coach. it's who he is, it's in his blood.

She added: “He’s happy, and when he’s happy, I’m happy. That’s all that matters.”

I'm still looking for that gal.

Sounds like the same ole Jerry Kill. Outstanding human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom