Canadians Looking For Tailgate

CanadaGopher76

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm one of two Canadian sports fans heading to Minneapolis from Sept. 28 - Oct. 2.

We're hitting the Tigers/Twins and Lions/Vikings but sandwiched between there, we'd love to tailgate at the Gophers/Terps game. We're not alumni of any NCAA school. We're just two sports loving Canucks who LOVE NCAA football and the atmosphere that surrounds it. We've tailgated and attended Michigan, Michigan State, the Citadel and others. We may or may not decide to go to the Gophers game. We have a rented car. We're hoping to find some hospitable Gopher fans who wouldn't mind hosting a couple Canucks looking for good time on game day.

Or, any suggestions as to where to park so we can tailgate would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone

I'm one of two Canadian sports fans heading to Minneapolis from Sept. 28 - Oct. 2.

We're hitting the Tigers/Twins and Lions/Vikings but sandwiched between there, we'd love to tailgate at the Gophers/Terps game. We're not alumni of any NCAA school. We're just two sports loving Canucks who LOVE NCAA football and the atmosphere that surrounds it. We've tailgated and attended Michigan, Michigan State, the Citadel and others. We may or may not decide to go to the Gophers game. We have a rented car. We're hoping to find some hospitable Gopher fans who wouldn't mind hosting a couple Canucks looking for good time on game day.

Or, any suggestions as to where to park so we can tailgate would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Private Message me. At minimum, I think I can lend some advice/ get you to a couple of tailgates? Anyway, PM me.

I will check back tomorrow.

We won't even ask you to bring a two-four or a or a two-six. ;)
Cheers!

Hi everyone

Thanks everyone!

Make sure you catch the Gopher Spirit Rally about 1hr 10min before kickoff. You'll have tons of fun listening to the band. Big Ten marching bands are the best college bands in the country, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• Pre-game Tailgate party for the Maryland Game on Saturday, September 30th. Doors open three hours prior to kickoff on the east side of Williams Arena. Kickoff time to be determined in the near future. The all-inclusive cost for refreshments and food is $30 for GLC Members and their guests, and $40 for Non-Members and their guests. Those between the ages of 11 and 20 pay their age at the door. Kids ten and under are free. The meal is catered by Envision Catering. Register today at GoalLineClub.org.

• Pre-game Tailgate party for the Maryland Game on Saturday, September 30th. Doors open three hours prior to kickoff on the east side of Williams Arena. Kickoff time to be determined in the near future. The all-inclusive cost for refreshments and food is $30 for GLC Members and their guests, and $40 for Non-Members and their guests. Those between the ages of 11 and 20 pay their age at the door. Kids ten and under are free. The meal is catered by Envision Catering. Register today at GoalLineClub.org.

Good call!

Thanks for the suggestions. Does the Goal Line Club's $40 party include alcoholic beverages? Or is it cash bar?

And, please, by all means, keep the suggestions coming.

We're willing to chip in cash for food if you're hosting a tailgate!

Walk around Lot 37, north of Mariucci Arena. You will find everything you are looking for there.

Bring some poteen and a case of labatts to lot 37 - you will find many friends

11 AM games are less than ideal, and the East River Road Flats (Minneapolis Park Board) Park is especially alluring for late games, but still nice at 8AM as well. It is located right on the river below campus, but a 15 minute walk from the stadium. This is a very nice grassy spot with some regular pre-game tailgaters. The good thing about this spot is that it is not expensive, and there is a lot of open space. There are also nice restroom facilities here, or you can duck into the woods.

You might want to pay the ($10?), hang out here here as soon as the lot opens, and then maybe head over to lot 37 for a while before you go into the game. You can stop in at the Liquor store on Washington Ave. to get something to carry the last 2-3 blocks over to lot 37 as well. if still thirsty.

11 AM games are less than ideal, and the East River Road Flats (Minneapolis Park Board) Park is especially alluring for late games, but still nice at 8AM as well. It is located right on the river below campus, but a 15 minute walk from the stadium. This is a very nice grassy spot with some regular pre-game tailgaters. The good thing about this spot is that it is not expensive, and there is a lot of open space. There are also nice restroom facilities here, or you can duck into the woods.

You might want to pay the ($10?), hang out here here as soon as the lot opens, and then maybe head over to lot 37 for a while before you go into the game. You can stop in at the Liquor store on Washington Ave. to get something to carry the last 2-3 blocks over to lot 37 as well. if still thirsty.

Thanks for this. I like the idea of hitting both.

I gotta say, you guys have all been great and it's appreciated. Hope to meet some of/all of you next weekend!

Thanks for the suggestions. Does the Goal Line Club's $40 party include alcoholic beverages? Or is it cash bar?

And, please, by all means, keep the suggestions coming.

We're willing to chip in cash for food if you're hosting a tailgate!

All you can drink booze.......

Sega NHL 95 in Ski-u-Mah lot. To a Canadian of the right age demographic, this should be all that needs to be said.

Feel free to swing by our tailgate. We're in the RV lot (official name is the Gateway Lot if you google it) which is just east of the stadium, right next to the light rail station. Look for the RV in my avatar, we'll be flying an American flag, U of M flag, and Vikings flag, its easy to spot. As long as you like crappy light beer we'll have plenty of that as well.

Top Bottom