Gophers/Huskers Chair-ity Drive

63D46nS_d.jpg

I thin this is just awesome! Makes an already great trophy (which never should have gone away) even better! Two fantastic causes or things to donate too. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so weird to me. Has either program ever actually admitted to knowing/caring about this trophy, or is this entirely for the fans?

This is so weird to me. Has either program ever actually admitted to knowing/caring about this trophy, or is this entirely for the fans?

If by program, you mean coaches and mascots, yes. This was before Nebraska "lost" it and subsequently tried to scrub it from existence.

5625b1564fb16.image.jpg

Broken_Chair_Goldy_Herby.0.0.jpg

This is awesome. Looks like a lot of people are putting in a lot of hard work for this to catch on. I hope it does!

So what happened to the original trophy?

Last I knew, the schools had not endorsed this trophy so will it actually be on the field and presented to the winning team following the Minnesota-Nebraska game?

This is another great trophy to add to the list and best thing of all, it was nothing forced like we saw with the Minnesota-Penn State Liberty Bell, the corporate Cy-Hawk Trophy or the Nebraska-Wisconsin Freedom Trophy.

I really hope this takes off and catches on for years to come.

So what happened to the original trophy?

Last I knew, the schools had not endorsed this trophy so will it actually be on the field and presented to the winning team following the Minnesota-Nebraska game?

This is another great trophy to add to the list and best thing of all, it was nothing forced like we saw with the Minnesota-Penn State Liberty Bell, the corporate Cy-Hawk Trophy or the Nebraska-Wisconsin Freedom Trophy.

I really hope this takes off and catches on for years to come.

The original trophy's whereabouts are unknown. It was last seen at the University of Nebraska training facilities.

The schools have chosen not to be officially involved this year, so the trophy will not be on the field. We're cooking up some other fun possibilities for the trophy exchange though, so stay tuned...

UPDATE: The next phase of the fundraising has kicked off. Whichever fanbase can raise more funds from now until the end of gameday will have their team's name etched onto the trophy as the Fundraising Champ for 2017 (this will be separate from the game score, which will still be the focus of the trophy). Go to youcaring.com/brokenchairfundraiser to support the Team Jack Foundation and Masonic Children's Hospital. Make sure to mark your donation for Minnesota or Nebraska!

There are also some donation rewards available... Want to host the trophy at your tailgate? Parade it around your hometown like the Stanley Cup? Check the twitter account for more info.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just made my donation.
It would be cool if the winner repaints their chair in their color when they win it.

Top Bottom