Maryland UCF

swingman

Reaction score
Early line has host Maryland giving 3.5.

UCF took them to two overtimes at UCF last year.

UCF has missed last two games due to storms. Missed over a week of practice, classes.

Coach Frost building resume for Nebraska job. Put up 61 on FIU week one.

Maryland just outside the top 25 at 28 and a Big Ten power ranking darling of BTN, ESPN. Beat UCF they could pop into the top 25.

Durkin has recruited well, has good staff.

Dredrick Snelson with 4 catches for 98 yards for UCF week one. Elijah Daniels in the two deeps for Maryland secondary.

Maryland a chance to show real progress next two weeks vs opponents from last year.

Early line has host Maryland giving 3.5.

UCF took them to two overtimes at UCF last year.

UCF has missed last two games due to storms. Missed over a week of practice, classes.

Coach Frost building resume for Nebraska job. Put up 61 on FIU week one.

Maryland just outside the top 25 at 28 and a Big Ten power ranking darling of BTN, ESPN. Beat UCF they could pop into the top 25.

Durkin has recruited well, has good staff.

Dredrick Snelson with 4 catches for 98 yards for UCF week one. Elijah Daniels in the two deeps for Maryland secondary.

Maryland a chance to show real progress next two weeks vs opponents from last year.

Good info. This will be an interesting game to watch. TX gave USC a terrific battle on the road, so MD's big win in Austin looks impressive. Frost looking toward Nebraska and a lot of Nebraskans looking toward Frost.

The big win at Texas js nice, but I never put too much stock in Week one games. It wasn't that long ago when a bad Gopher team went to USC and gave them way more trouble than anyone could have imagined.

Three names to watch for the Terps this week:

All we know for sure about Markqueze Bell is that he hasn’t been dismissed. He and fellow defensive back Alex Woods were suspended indefinitely for a code of conduct violation, and neither name shows up in a search of public records, which would indicate that they're not in legal trouble. But it’s unclear when they’ll return, and how much of a factor either will be this season.

Meanwhile, offensive coordinator Walt Bell told reporters last week that Caleb Henderson was “just starting to integrate into practice.” A day later, I saw him on campus still in a boot. I can’t speak to whether it’s on or off now, or where his game is, but I think the Terps’ goal is to have him available in an emergency for the UCF game. Henderson was the QB transfer from NCSU who was projected starter.

Hopefully Maryland looks great. I am hoping they make it into the polls before coming to TCF. Would give us a nice chance to make a statement

Maryland running back Ty Johnson is on the Heisman radar.

He is averaging 15 yards a touch. He has only carried the ball 17 times, yet he has logged 256 yards on the ground. At this point, combined with what he did in 2016, Maryland fans say he is the most explosive player in the Big Ten not wearing No. 26 for Penn State. Junior from Fort Hill in Maryland whose only other offer was Albany.

As a Sophomore (2016): Appeared in all 13 games, making eight starts at running back ... Led team in rushing yards (1004), rushing touchdowns (6), yards/carry (9.1) and all-purpose yards (1249) ... Set the Maryland record for yards/rush attempt (min. 100 att.) with 9.1 y/c, breaking a 55-year-old record ... Became just the ninth player in Maryland history to eclipse 1,000 rushing yards in a season ... Had 10 plays (9 rush, 1 rec) of 40+ yards (all in the last 10 games) ... Had five games of 100+ rush yards, becoming the eighth player to eclipse the mark five times in a season ... Totaled 159 rushing yards and two touchdowns against Boston College (12/26), including a 62-yard TD scamper ... Had 11 carries for 168 yards vs. Rutgers (11/26), including two runs of 40+ yards ... Ran seven times for 21 yards at #19 Nebraska (11/19) ... Rushed eight times for 21 yards vs. #6 Ohio State (11/12) ... Bottled up for 11 yards on nine carries at #2 Michigan (11/5)....Carried five times for 23 yards vs. Minnesota (10/15) ... Caught two passes for 69 yards at Penn State (10/8), including a 66-yard touchdown catch - the longest completion of Perry Hills' career ... Ran for 204 yards on a remarkable 7 carries (29.1 yds/c) vs. Purdue (10/1), including two touchdowns. Ran seven times for 47 yards at UCF (9/17) ... Carried eight times for 34 yards at FIU (9/9) ... Made first collegiate start vs. Howard (9/3), rushing six times for 48 yards and a TD and catching three passes for 23 yards. Also blocked a punt in the first quarter that was brought back for a touchdown by Trey Edmunds.

As a Freshman (2015): Appeared in all 12 games, totaling 250 rush yards (7.1/carry) and three touchdowns ... had fantastic collegiate debut against Richmond (9/5), rushing for 83 yards and a touchdown ... carried the ball 10 times for 30 yards against USF (9/1), and also totaled 66 kick return yards ... rushed four times for 20 yards at West Virginia (9/26) ... had two rushes for 11 yards vs. Penn State (10/24) ... rushed three time for 19 yards against Wisconsin (11/7) ... turned in a spectacular performance at Rutgers (11/28), scoring two touchdowns on two rushes for 87 yards.

DJ Moore one of two good receivers.

Career: Has made 23 straight starts dating back to 2015 - tops among all offensive Terps ... Has a catch in 21 consecutive games - longest streak at Maryland since Torrey Smith's 30-game streak from 2008 to 2010 ... Tied a Maryland record for most touchdown catches in first two seasons (9) with Stefon Diggs, Jermaine Lewis and Dan Bungori ... Ranks T-15th in Maryland history with nine career touchdown receptions.

As a Sophomore (2016): Started all 13 games, leading the team in receiving yards (637), receiving TDs (6) and yards/catch (15.5) ... Averaged 15.3 yards/play - the most among all Big Ten players ... His six touchdown catches were the most in a single-season since Stefon Diggs (2012) ... Also led the team with 15 kick returns for 334 yards (22.3 avg) ... Had three catches for 40 yards vs. Boston College (12/26) ... Caught six passes for 124 yards, including a spectacular 92-yard touchdown catch, at Nebraska (11/19). The TD tied for the second-longest in MD history ... Caught two passes for team-high 66 yards at #2 Michigan (11/5) ... Had five catches for 81 yards at Indiana (10/29), including a highlight reel touchdown catch that was #2 on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays ... Notched four catches for 61 yards and a TD vs. Michigan State (10/22) ... Caught two passes for 19 yards and a touchdown vs. Minnesota (10/15) ... Posted career-highs in catches (6), receiving yards (147) and touchdowns (2) at FIU (9/9). Named to NCAA.com All-Week 2 Team ... Caught four passes for 37 yards against Howard (9/3).

As a Freshman (2015): Appeared in all 12 games, closing the season with 10 consecutive starts ... tied for team lead with three TD recptions and ranked second in catches (25) and yards (357) ... his three TD catches were the most for a Maryland true freshman since Stefon Diggs in 2012 ... caught a pass in eight straight games and 11-of-12 in 2015 ... made collegiate debut against Richmond (9/5), catching two passes for 23 yards ... scored first career touchdown against Bowling Green (9/12), scoring on a 42-yard pass ... caught three passes for 47 yards agaisnt USF (9/19) ... snagged two passes for 17 yards vs. Michigan (10/3) ... hauled in three passes for 64 yards at #1 Ohio State (10/10), including a career-long 52-yard touchdown reception ... caught three passes for 24 yards vs. Penn State (10/24) ... caught one pass for 5 yards at Iowa (10/31) ... totaled two receptions for 51 yards and a touchdown vs. Wisconsin (11/7) ... caught one pass for 10 yards at #14 Michigan State (11/14) ... caught three passes for 25 yards vs. Indiana (11/21) ... made career-high four catches for 49 yards at Rutgers (11/28).

Was a big time recruit out of Philly.

Frost on Maryland: "I think they're a little bit different this year. I think they run it a little more to set up the pass. They certainly can do both. They're running their quarterback a little bit more. A lot of fly sweeps and quarterback powers off fly sweeps and some counters they run really well. They do a good job mixing up the throwing game. They've only played two games, but nobody has really stopped them yet. It's going to be a big challenge for our defense. We've got to have a great week of practice and go up there as prepared as we can be for that game."

It will be a very interesting matchup. Maryland has been croot'n well for a bit... seems like it might be paying off.

Maryland is still the dumpster fire we thought they would be. Crappy at all aspects of the game.

Loss at home to a mid range team next week would be bad.

Everything changed when Maryland lost their quarterback. Didn't hear anything about the severity of the injury. If he's back and 100%, the defense will get a real test. Maryland's run defense didn't look good, though.

This was your first thought?

The Gophers for the most part win games they're expected to win and lose games they're expected to lose. Seems like Maryland was treated as a decent challenge that may go either way. Now seems like the Gophers should win.

Everything changed when Maryland lost their quarterback. Didn't hear anything about the severity of the injury. If he's back and 100%, the defense will get a real test. Maryland's run defense didn't look good, though.
QB that beat Texas is out for the season

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Gophers for the most part win games they're expected to win and lose games they're expected to lose. Seems like Maryland was treated as a decent challenge that may go either way. Now seems like the Gophers should win.

Your post didn't come across that way. My first thought was Gophs should beat them by a wider margin than last year.

Neither team looked that great today. Starting QB or not, Maryland didn't look very good at all, on either side of the ball, at home.

The big win at Texas js nice, but I never put too much stock in Week one games. It wasn't that long ago when a bad Gopher team went to USC and gave them way more trouble than anyone could have imagined.
Yep and before we knew we were losing to NMSU and by 55 plus to Michigan and Purdue a month later.

Gophs beat him last year, right?

Yes, the QB that the Gophers handled last year at Maryland is named Pigrome. He was put out for the year earlier. The other one, whom the Maryland people are very excited about, is named Kassim Hill. He got hurt today and the severity of his injury has yet to be revealed.

Yes, the QB that the Gophers handled last year at Maryland is named Pigrome. He was put out for the year earlier. The other one, whom the Maryland people are very excited about, is named Kassim Hill. He got hurt today and the severity of his injury has yet to be revealed.

Man, that team has some sort of QB injury curse...

Neither team looked that great today. Starting QB or not, Maryland didn't look very good at all, on either side of the ball, at home.

They were down to their 3rd qb for the last 3 quarters today and it showed. If the #2 (Hill) comes back, the game next week will be a challenge. The #3 guy showed little mobility and could not get the ball to Maryland's playmakers. And they do have some.

One of the favorites to win the job, Caleb Henderson, injured his ankle in camp. Unsure about timeline to return. Former 4 star.

Pigrome is out. Hill is probably out. Sounds like Bortenschlager wasn't Goldschläger.

I like our chances. All that crootin talent and 38-10 vs UCF. Defense still...unsatisfactory.

I saw the play were Hill got injured, he was twisting as he fell, when he got up he had an obvious knee injury. My gues is it's at least a bad sprain, even if he can play, he will not be very mobile.

I thought I read that Kassim Hill went to the hospital during the game but that may have been Speight. I'll be honest, I've had a few bye week beers

I saw the play were Hill got injured, he was twisting as he fell, when he got up he had an obvious knee injury. My gues is it's at least a bad sprain, even if he can play, he will not be very mobile.

Out for season. Not one service says less than "serious leg injury". Torn ligs.

I thought I read that Kassim Hill went to the hospital during the game but that may have been Speight. I'll be honest, I've had a few bye week beers

It was Speight. Looked to be a neck or back injury. Got folded up pretty good.

Top Bottom