After a 59 to 21 pounding Pitt rewards loyal fans with an awesome bonus /s

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't see a real issue with it. It's just part of the sponsorship deal for McDonald's and others.

Honestly, a BOGO Big Mac is going to make me feel better after my team gets drilled. Just sayin'

Honestly, a BOGO Big Mac is going to make me feel better after my team gets drilled. Just sayin'

If it was a "Free Big Mac" it wouldn't be a bad deal.

But a BOGO?
That's tacky. Who in their right mind eats two Big Macs? Do you know how many calories there are in one of those?
The other option is bringing a friend. "Hey, wanna go to McDonald's with me? We can't split this BOGO deal!"

"Are you paying for my meal?"

"No, we'll split the cost of the Big Mac!"

"But I wanted nuggets, not a Big Mac"

"Dude, I need someone to split the Big Mac deal with me!"

"Are you going to pay for my Coke then?"

"Fine! Okay!"

In the end, your just overpaid to eat too many calories of bad food.

So, they'd rather get nothing? Man, people can find literally anything to complain about.

On a side note...

Not sure if many of you remember the Burger wars from the early 2000's. McD was selling Big Macs for a buck, so Burger King had to counter.

About a year after it ended, I had a brief conversation with a high ranking executive from Burger King. He essentially said if McDonalds would have ran the Big Mac for a buck one week longer than they did, it would have shut down Burger King.

I thought that was pretty interesting.

It's not, it just looks sad after you get drilled.

Kind of a PR misstep is all.

I imagine they are going to do it after every game. I doubt it was a "hey we just got clobbered, lets do something nice for our fans" situation. They can't really back out of the contract because they got smoked.

So, they'd rather get nothing? Man, people can find literally anything to complain about.

The perceived value of getting something for free that you don't need after you had to pay to buy something you wanted only slightly more for the inconveniences of printing out a coupon and carrying it around is not substantial.

The perceived value of getting something for free that you don't need after you had to pay to buy something you wanted only slightly more for the inconveniences of printing out a coupon and carrying it around is not substantial.

I look at it as just another way the athletic dept can sell advertising and bring in more money. I'm okay with that. If people don't want the coupon, I imagine they can opt out or just delete them.

When you're right, you're right. Nothing to see here. Just some fan po'd because his team got drilled. Put on your big boy pants and get on with life.

I look at it as just another way the athletic dept can sell advertising and bring in more money. I'm okay with that. If people don't want the coupon, I imagine they can opt out or just delete them.

From a gathering funds thing that's fine.

From a PR standpoint it doesn't work out that way.

From a gathering funds thing that's fine.

From a PR standpoint it doesn't work out that way.

What's the solution then? Not do any promotions? Do you have to cancel all promotions in the 3rd and 4th quarter too if you're getting blown out at home?

So then delete the f'in email! Who cares?!?!? Find something legitimate to complain about, not about getting an email that you can delete after 5 seconds and move on with your life.

A little off topic, but - Mc Donalds used to run this promotion with their Quarter Pounder with Cheese, where the price of a sandwich was tied to the day's temperature. So, if the temperature at a certain time of the day was 10-degrees, you could get a QP with cheese for 10-cents the next day. Used to love that promotion. (of course, that was in my pre-heart attack days..........)

A little off topic, but - Mc Donalds used to run this promotion with their Quarter Pounder with Cheese, where the price of a sandwich was tied to the day's temperature. So, if the temperature at a certain time of the day was 10-degrees, you could get a QP with cheese for 10-cents the next day. Used to love that promotion. (of course, that was in my pre-heart attack days..........)

Loved that deal. Remember one day me, my brother, and my dad each got a Quarter pounder for under 20 cents. It was great.

What's the solution then? Not do any promotions? Do you have to cancel all promotions in the 3rd and 4th quarter too if you're getting blown out at home?

Maybe don't give out your promotion after the fact, or just include it in some other promotional mail that isn't about the previous game.

McDonald's sponsors the McDonald All-American game.

Maybe that is the impetus behind the BOGO deal.

Threads like this one are what make Gopherhole such a special place [emoji172]

I remember once they did that during one of the worst cold snaps. I think they gave away a lot of burgers for free that week.

The only university sponsored event I've really been upset at was when the U had a fireworks show immediately after the 2015 Michigan game.

Last second loss against ranked team......get the fireworks ready!

Are people seriously complaining about this? It should be very obvious this is a promotion for after the game, win or loss. They didnt do this promotion because they lost. Should the U take back any season ticket after a loss because we shouldnt be given the 10 cents off per gallon of gas at Holiday?

Again, this promotion isnt tied to the loss, it is tied to the game no matter what the outcome is. That is how sponsorships work. It would be pretty dumb for a school to only accept a sponsorship if their team won.

The only university sponsored event I've really been upset at was when the U had a fireworks show immediately after the 2015 Michigan game.

Last second loss against ranked team......get the fireworks ready!

What was the solution? They had been pumping the fireworks thing before and during the game, they had shut down roads and parking lots setting up all the fireworks - oh, we lost last second, better just call off the fireworks... :)

The thing that surprises me about the Pitt deal is that it should have been sent out before the game. A lot of times I toss my ticket once the game is over (especially with a loss like that!). How am I going to get my free burger if I already tossed my ticket?

Seems like an announcement should have been made at the game (like at the Twins when you get a penny off each gallon of gas for every hit the next day), e-mails should have been sent out before the game, the deal should have been printed on the back of the ticket, and/or something should have been included with season tickets.

But whining about getting a BOGO Big Mac is kind of sad. It's not like you have to use it to get into the next game. If it doesn't interest you, don't use it and move on. I'm betting quite a few people (especially in the student section) will use it.

We are all missing the reason for mockery. There's nothing wrong with Missouri offering perks to its customers...the juxtaposition to an embarrassing loss was just a coincidence. I think the bigger story is why an institution of higher learning is teaming up with one of our generation's cigarette companies to actively encourage a destructive lifestyle. Fast food should be shunned and discouraged - not celebrated.

Top Bottom