Where are you on the boat? Week 4 Titanic version!

Where are you on the boat?

• I'm Driving - I've ordered the last boiler to be lit off and am speeding up to 23 knots!

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • First Class - This ship is unsinkable!

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • The forward lookouts don't have binoculars but those icebergs look small.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Remember Rose, there are only enough life boats for half the people on board!

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Flooding in 6 compartments? We will founder.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll wait for the Lusitania!

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
The Gophers come off a 34-3 victory over MTSU and now head toward the frigid waters of the B1G schedule. First up will be an improved Maryland squad at the bank.

So where are you on the boat this week?

That's an ominous title. Are you suggesting our captain is overconfident and steaming full speed into an ice field on a moonless night? How about Love Boat edition.

FTR, Fleck is obviously well aware of the dangers and has reduced speed and set extra lookouts. Still think we have a great chance at 8 wins based on everything I've seen around the league.

If you think that's ominous, wait for my "Deliverance" themed week!

I am the diamond in the Star of the Sea necklace nicely nestled between Kate Winslet's...oars (in the rescue boat of course).

To be overly optimistic here goes - I feel a musselman-like atmosphere coming together for next home games - young exuberant coach - fans into the game - players playing with great enthusiasm - Go Gophers!

Everything looks rosy when the team is winning. I am NOT predicting doom-and-gloom - but I am curious to see what happens when this team and coaching staff faces adversity. How will the fans react after a loss? (assuming the team does not go undefeated....) How will the fans react if (and I say if) Fleck makes a call that backfires? Could be a fake punt or an on-side kick, or the team botches a goal-line situation. I'm NOT saying it WILL happen - I'm saying it MIGHT happen.

Just saying that, in my experience, you learn a lot more about a team and a coach by observing how they deal with adversity. most people can deal with success (although some let it go to their heads). Not everyone can deal with adversity.

How will fans and the media react if the Gophers lose a game by 1 point? How will fans and the media react if the Gophers lose a game by 40 points? (I think I can guess how certain media members would react.....)

This whole row-row-row the boat schtick is older than Goldie being spayed. Come on team, you can do better than this! Do you people know that every, single OSU, Mich, Wisc, PSU and Iowa fan rolls up and down laughing at any mention of real football coming out of Dinkytown.

This whole row-row-row the boat schtick is older than Goldie being spayed. Come on team, you can do better than this! Do you people know that every, single OSU, Mich, Wisc, PSU and Iowa fan rolls up and down laughing at any mention of real football coming out of Dinkytown.

We are now laughing at you. A real Gopher fan knows how to spell Goldy and knows that football at the U of M is played in Stadium Village not Dinkytown. Nice try but you have been exposed.

Based on what we have seen the only teams remaining on the schedule I would be surprised to see the Gophers beat are Michigan and Wisconsin. Every other game is very winnable. And by the time those other 2 games come around they be as well. Maryland - Purdue -Sparty seems a lot tougher than it it 3 weeks ago

You tried to get people going, you just failed pretty miserably. A for effort though!

I really hope you are under the age of 15 and you are just waiting for your brother to give up his turn of the Xbox controller.

If the band starts playing "Nearer My God to Thee", then I'll get worried.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

If the band starts playing "Nearer My God to Thee", then I'll get worried.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

If a strings quartet is playing it then you should really be worried!

I watched the BTN wrap up show this weekend and they said, about Minnesota, that it is a VERY well coached team. They don't turn the ball over and don't have a lot of penalties and are playing with a tenacious defense. This will keep us in a lot of games. Last year at this time I think we were leading the league in targeting calls, illegal motion penalties, etc. I really like the way the team handles itself on the field. As for the fans at other schools, personally I could give a rip what they think, but I have some close friends in Iowa and Wisconsin, and they both fear that this coaching staff will take the Gophers to a division Championship, it's just a matter of time. Again, l don't really care, so I'd let the team do the talking with the way they are playing.

I have some close friends in Iowa and Wisconsin, and they both fear that this coaching staff will take the Gophers to a division Championship, it's just a matter of time.

Do you have a Canadian girlfriend, too?

If we still got beer...I'm still here. [emoji481]

2 posts. Nice trolling. Goodbye.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom