Fans Need To Do Their Part

Nailed it. Other than earning it on the field, that's your lever.

Yes. And assuming you can fill it when giving them away, if you fail to attend more than once, you lose your ticket. Your payment is your @ss in your seat.

Also, allowing recent grads a large discount for 3-4 years.

They need to make the student tickets free and go from there.

Nailed it. Other than earning it on the field, that's your lever.

It will only help so much. All our women's sports (and possibly some men's sports as well) are free for students. Our Women's hockey team has bee the most dominant Women's hockey team in college for the past 5 or 6 years, yet on any given game only a handfull of students show up.

It's not a perfect analogy, but I don't think free tickets will make that much of a difference.

Ya I wouldn't read anything into women's hockey vs football

Wish it wasn't 11am. Can't do it with kids' activities.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Starting with deep concessions discounts for students would be a great start.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree this is great but it did come with substantial increases to PSL and everyday ticket pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You all hated me for this, but I really don't believe that's going to make much of a difference to these students. None of them are so bad at math that they will think that showing up to the games is worth their time for a 1/10,000 shot at $2,000.
They would be better off using that time to apply for scholarships.

It was very generous and a great way to reward those that do go to the games, but it's not going to draw new students the way decreasing the ticket prices or making them free would.

You're comparing sitting at home filling out paperwork to going to a Big Ten football game.

A lot of those empty season ticket spots look to be unsold tickets.

Not just going out and buying tickets, but to those season ticket holders: actually show up for a game. The first two home games had tons of empty seats in the season ticket sections. Don't know why people are staying away. :(

At least in the highest donation sections, a lot of those empty's appear to be unsold inventory. I could be wrong but I think most of those blocks of empty seats in the highest donation areas are people who dropped season tickets. Just speculation on my part.

You're comparing sitting at home filling out paperwork to going to a Big Ten football game.

Are you trying to get casual fans? Because casual fans don't care about the game.
The people that get excited about the actual football games are already there.
Sitting through a Gopher football game is about as fun to the average person as watching a movie on the futn in their dorm.

They're not trying to sell to you and me.

Top Bottom