Maryland-Minnesota game time? UPDATED: 11 a.m. and can be viewed on FS1

row19gopher

FB Sec109 R5-BK Sec104 R20
Reaction score
Any speculation on when this game will start? And when do they announce it officially?

You asked for it when you said speculation. I believe it will be a 7:00 p.m. game.

Well Nebraska vs Illinois is on at 7pm that day, but on FS1. Iowa is playing Michigan State that day but they play PSU at night in week 4...so it definitely could be a 7pm kickoff. Not sure how the FS1 game changes the rest of the leagues schedule.

Not any other marquee games that week.

Maryland-Minnesota game time?

Should be announced officially tomorrow afternoon I believe. Here are the other games on the schedule that week:

1624317a64917bd1f23a248287160131.png

One thing we have working in our favor is three EST games, which they occasionally lean towards for the 12 PM EST kickoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it's a noon kickoff. I have a wedding that I have to attend that day.......

I'm hoping it's 11am as well. Going to the Twins game that night so hoping to be able to go to them both.

I'm hoping for the 2:30 start.... but anything besides 11AM

Always assume 11 AM unless and until told otherwise.

Well Nebraska vs Illinois is on at 7pm that day, but on FS1. Iowa is playing Michigan State that day but they play PSU at night in week 4...so it definitely could be a 7pm kickoff. Not sure how the FS1 game changes the rest of the leagues schedule.

Not any other marquee games that week.

Nebraska-Illinois is a Friday game. Right now, nothing is scheduled for Saturday night.

Personally, I hope we never see an 11AM home game again.

I'm rooting for 2.30p or 7pm.. less of a rush to get going in the morning is always preferred.

Since BTN announces their prime time games in July, what are the prime time options for this game? ESPN/ABC/FOX?

I am thinking it will come down to Maryland-Minnesota or Iowa-Michigan State for a 2:30pm slot. I could also see NW-Wisconsin going at 2:30.

Ohio State-Rutgers and Indiana-Penn State would seem like 11am starts.

I think it's more important to be concerned about who the announcers will be.

interesting that with seven Big Ten games, just one 11 am game this week.

two at night (abc and fox) 6:30 and 7:00 PSU and IA, ND and MSU
one at 2 fs1 ucf at MD
two at 2:30 rutgers at nebraska and gsu at indiana
one at 3 michigan at purdue
one at 11 unlv at ohio state

Crossing my fingers for 7pm ABC game. It's still possible, it is a bad week for marquee games outside of the SEC and there's a really good chance both teams will be 3-0, which is more than a lot of other matchups can say.

Best games from around the country that week (non SEC):

• Clemson at Virginia Tech - probably the best game of the week, likely Gameday location, likely two undefeated teams. Would ABC feature Clemson twice in three weeks during their primetime slot though?
  • Cal at Oregon - Next in line. Both teams have a chance to be unbeaten (but Cal plays USC this week, on ABC, and should be underdogs) EDIT: Has been assigned to FS1 (9pm).
  • Colorado at UCLA - Name recognition. UCLA not good after losing to Memphis. EDIT: Has been assigned to ESPN2 (9:30pm).
  • Florida State at Wake Forest - FSU already has a loss, but Wake has surprised. Might be sneaky good, and would allow ABC to avoid featuring the B1G two weeks in a row.
  • Iowa at Michigan State - Two strong teams, but Iowa is on ABC primetime the week before.
  • Oklahoma State at Texas Tech - shootout potential and a chance to highlight a highly-ranked OSU team.

There are some compelling SEC games - but one will be the CBS marquee game and another will be the ESPN 6pm kick (and I don't think their conference games can be on ABC Saturday Night Football anyhow).

Mississippi State at Auburn EDIT: Has been assigned to ESPN (5pm)
Vanderbilt at Florida EDIT: Has been assigned to ESPN (11am)
Georgia at Tennessee EDIT: Has been assigned to CBS (2:30pm)
Ole Miss at Alabama EDIT: Has been assigned to ESPN (8pm)

Does anyone know if BTN has a 7pm time slot to fill with a game on 9/30?

I've seen a spreadsheet floating around the interweb before that outlines all the CFB timeslots each week but I can't seem to find it.

There are some compelling SEC games - but one will be the CBS marquee game and another will be the ESPN 6pm kick (and I don't think their conference games can be on ABC Saturday Night Football anyhow).

Mississippi State at Auburn
Vanderbilt at Florida
Georgia at Tennessee
Ole Miss at Alabama

Mississippi State at Auburn: 6pm on ESPN
Vanderbilt at Florida: Noon on ESPN
Georgia at Tennessee: 3:30 CBS
Ole Miss at Alabama: 9 PM ESPN

ALL TIMES EST

Mississippi State at Auburn: 6pm on ESPN
Vanderbilt at Florida: Noon on ESPN
Georgia at Tennessee: 3:30 CBS
Ole Miss at Alabama: 9 PM ESPN

ALL TIMES EST

Thanks! So it's down to the ACC games and the B1G games (and Okie State) now that Pac12 and SEC have announced game times.

Bummer! Oh well maybe second hand ticket prices will continue to drop

A conference game on FS1? I didn't even know that was possible. I personally don't care because I have that channel (and I'll be at the game regardless), but it seems to shaft the people who pay for BTN to be able to watch Gopher games.

Ohio State - Rutgers on BTN at 7:30pm, really?

A 49-7 game in the waiting...

I hope the 11am Maryland and Minnesota game is a much more exciting game with two undefeated teams.

WI/NW also at 11, ABC game.
PSU Indiana 2:30 BTN
MSU/Iowa 3 on FOX

Here's the B1G schedule for that weekend:

Friday 7pm FS1 Nebraska @ Illinois

11am FS1 Maryland @ Minnesota
11am ABC Northwestern @ Wisconsin
2:30pm BTN Indiana @ Penn State
3pm FOX Iowa @ Michigan State
7:30pm BTN Ohio State @ Rutgers

Byes: Michigan, Purdue

Top Bottom