Rashad Still did not play and was not seen on the sideline

Not sure what is going on. Fleck could be cracking the whip, being smart about injuries, or concerned about academics. So with not much to go on, I better stop speculating as that won't get me anywhere.

Well, he needs attrition to sign the 2018 class and get under the scholarship limit by next summer. If some guys aren't on the boat he may be turning up the heat. I could also be talking out of my backside.

Same with Waters.

Waters seems to be a guy who has bought in. At Corvalis last week he was last out of the appreciation line with pj and racing the field with him. Hope he's not being a sacrificial lamb for a bigger class next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or a bunch of player came home from Oregon, smoked a bowl, and got drug tested last Sunday.

Still, Croft, Waters.

Sounds like one of these was the other guy Doogie was referring to.

If the speculation on Croat was true, it seemed odd he would be doing that alone.

Or a bunch of player came home from Oregon, smoked a bowl, and got drug tested last Sunday.

Was at the game yesterday with a student closely affiliated with the program...said that Croft, Still and a few other players are in trouble for smoking pot. Apparently previous regime sort of looked the other way, not Fleck.

Source told me he would not be suprsed if Croft and Still are kicked off team, unlikely either will ever play here again.

Was at the game yesterday with a student closely affiliated with the program...said that Croft, Still and a few other players are in trouble for smoking pot. Apparently previous regime sort of looked the other way, not Fleck.

Source told me he would not be suprsed if Croft and Still are kicked off team, unlikely either will ever play here again.

Wow. I hope that this end is not the case. I hope they can remedy the issue and straighten up and fly right. But in the end if this is what it takes, this is what it takes. Team leaders need to address these things harshly within the team confines.

My source says essentially the exact same thing.

I personally don't think smoking pot is a big deal, but I do think following team rules is. If all this is true, I am glad PJ isn't looking the other way and support his discipline regardless of consequences. From what I have heard, they have been given fair warning and multiple chances.

I personally don't think smoking pot is a big deal, but I do think following team rules is. If all this is true, I am glad PJ isn't looking the other way and support his discipline regardless of consequences. From what I have heard, they have been given fair warning and multiple chances.

What I have heard is that they were given drug tests by Fleck, not by the NCAA or the U. And they were warned months ago that they would be tested.

What I have heard is that they were given drug tests by Fleck, not by the NCAA or the U. And they were warned months ago that they would be tested.

If this is true, I have no problem with it. These guys have an obligation to themselves, their team, their university and to the thousands of fans that shell out big bucks to see them and support them, to commit to the program. If they don't get that, if they think it's just one big joke, that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, then good riddance.

They could always claim that they're Rastafarians, and smoking pot is part of their Spiritual beliefs................I mon am the Bush Doctor.

Well, he needs attrition to sign the 2018 class and get under the scholarship limit by next summer. If some guys aren't on the boat he may be turning up the heat. I could also be talking out of my backside.

To speculate that Croft, Still and Waters are being kicked off the team because Fleck needs the scholarships is perhaps the worst take in GH history...

A month ago you kept telling us how great Croft was and that it was "coach speak" that Rhoda was being mentioned as a potential starter. Yet now Croft is expendable to make way for a 2019 recruit? It was anticipated that Still was going to be our top WR, but he's being pushed out through no fault of his own so we can sign another WR?

Lost in this thread is that Croft and Still are both 20. The law in Oregon states you must be 21 to smoke legally. Guess what? They broke the law. Stupid stupid stupid.

A month ago you kept telling us how great Croft was and that it was "coach speak" that Rhoda was being mentioned as a potential starter.

To be fair, this suspension could explain a scenario where CR15 was named starter despite not being the best option. Maybe this is all part of the "leadership" that PJ noted was holding DC11 back. Neither case makes him expendable - and I don't think PE was saying that - and I don't think you think so either.

To be fair, this suspension could explain a scenario where CR15 was named starter despite not being the best option. Maybe this is all part of the "leadership" that PJ noted was holding DC11 back. Neither case makes him expendable - and I don't think PE was saying that - and I don't think you think so either.

After Fleck named Rhoda the starter, he specifically said it was not based on Demry being suspended. Unless shown otherwise I'll take him at his word.

I think Demry is still a key player for us this year even as a back-up and is in no way expendable. We will need his change of pace and legs, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a game or two we win that we otherwise wouldn't have due to DC. Not to mention that he's still young and has a great opportunity to be the starter full-time next season.

To speculate that Croft, Still and Waters are being kicked off the team because Fleck needs the scholarships is perhaps the worst take in GH history...

A month ago you kept telling us how great Croft was and that it was "coach speak" that Rhoda was being mentioned as a potential starter. Yet now Croft is expendable to make way for a 2019 recruit? It was anticipated that Still was going to be our top WR, but he's being pushed out through no fault of his own so we can sign another WR?

Like I said, talking out of my posterior. It is a fact he will need attrition though.

Yes, I think Croft is more talented along with a lot of other people. Perhaps it's more accurate to say Rhoda seems more limited physically and I was hopeful we had some talent coming up to move the passing game along. However, Croft didn't win the job for probably a lot of reasons and if I had to guess he won't see the field again. It is what it is and we go forward with the guys we have.

Suppose there is a couple ways of looking at it. It must be a pretty big deal to Still and Croft, seeing that they were told they couldn't do it and if they did they would jeopardize playing on a Big 10 college football team and yet they still needed to do it. My neighbor is a substance abuse counselor and he always said there isn't a specific amount of any drug or alcohol that means you have a problem. Instead he uses the standard of are you willing to risk the most important things in your life(family, job, home) to use the substance?

After Fleck named Rhoda the starter, he specifically said it was not based on Demry being suspended. Unless shown otherwise I'll take him at his word.

I was speaking of the behavior leading up to the suspension. DC was not suspended for a single event.

Suppose there is a couple ways of looking at it. It must be a pretty big deal to Still and Croft, seeing that they were told they couldn't do it and if they did they would jeopardize playing on a Big 10 college football team and yet they still needed to do it. My neighbor is a substance abuse counselor and he always said there isn't a specific amount of any drug or alcohol that means you have a problem. Instead he uses the standard of are you willing to risk the most important things in your life(family, job, home) to use the substance?

This. We had a guy that smoked tobacco. 6-8 times a day, at any given time. He was warned that he needed to use his lunch and personal break times. He worked out an intricate routine of deceit and subterfuge to keep smoking all day -- and basically not work.

He was fired. Smoking cigarettes was more important than his job.

If you want to smoke a blunt and give up your four year free ride, feel free. Don't come crying.

What is Fleck supposed to say publicly? He's going to protect the fragile confidence of Rhoda as long as he can.

Did you take him at his word when he said the 17-7 Buff victory was "elite, it really was"? I would have said a win is a win and proud of the guys for overcoming adversity but we have a lot of work to do to get to the elite level. Not Coach, everything is elite even if it objectively or subjectively isn't. Again, little white lies are ok but I think we all know the real score.

What is Fleck supposed to say publicly? He's going to protect the fragile confidence of Rhoda as long as he can.

Did you take him at his word when he said the 17-7 Buff victory was "elite, it really was"? I would have said a win is a win and proud of the guys for overcoming adversity but we have a lot of work to do to get to the elite level. Not Coach, everything is elite even if it objectively or subjectively isn't. Again, little white lies are ok but I think we all know the real score.

He pretty much said exactly that after the Buffalo win?

Are you high or did you just not watch his presser after that game? He wasn't happy.

I did watch. One cannot say getting the win was elite then say the team needs work. Perhaps it's just an automatic reflex at this point, like breathing. I don't think Saban would have made the same comment, for example.

The above is just a little thing but I think it's interesting you take everything he says as the literal truth. I don't know a single human being that speaks the literal truth at all times. There are some that speak in platitudes the majority of the time.

No where else but in one poster's agenda is Rhoda's confidence fragile

I did watch. One cannot say getting the win was elite then say the team needs work. Perhaps it's just an automatic reflex at this point, like breathing. I don't think Saban would have made the same comment, for example.

The above is just a little thing but I think it's interesting you take everything he says as the literal truth. I don't know a single human being that speaks the literal truth at all times. There are some that speak in platitudes the majority of the time.

Literally the only time he mentioned elite in the post Buffalo presser was when he compared the difference between elite and good teams. He pretty much said the team wasn't elite. What are you talking about?

Top Bottom