Congrats Gophers

I don't know that just because Vandy had more sacks means they had a better defensive line.

The QB today did a good job of releasing the ball very quickly in the first half. We had some open rushes, but he threw before pressure got to him, but while watching, I felt it was just a matter of time we pick one off if he's needing to rush that ball that much, and it happened.

Also, not getting sacked doesn't do much for you if you're going to average 6 yards per completion and 4 yards an attempt.

Vandy has a very good defense. They are holding Kansas State to 7 points after Kstate put up 110 points over their past two games.

I'm guessing the game plan on D changed a little when they found out Stockstill was out. Might have dialed up a few more blitzes. Who knows. Point is, it's impossible to project what would have happened. I mean...what if Rodney and Shannon both played and had 25 carries each? Both of them are better than Kobe, despite his big day. We just don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much of a chance with us having our two best players on the sideline and not being able to pick up first downs and give the defense a rest.

Totally agree, with those two out it pretty much castrated your offense. Almost like a basketball team losing its starting backcourt in an NCAA tournament game. :(

We're kind of digging a big hole of hypotheticals.

All we can really say is for whatever reason, for whoever was on the field, those in Gophers Uniforms did a much better job of winning a game than the MTSU players.

From there we can do a lot of if's, just like with Springs and Mason last spring.
In the end, the record doesn't change nor the result of the game.

I've been around Gopherhole a long time and I have found there are generally three types of visiting fans.

There are the obvious smack talking troll types eager stir things up.

There are respectful people looking for an honest mature exchange.

There are passive aggressive types cloaking themselves in the appearance of class but with an underlying desire to educate you about the wonders of their team and to sneak in some veiled digs.

I have my opinion on what we have here and I can see it differs with some of you.

All of you who are mad that we aren't rolling out a red carpet for MT Raider should probably read the insane propagandist garbage being posted.

If it were sane, relevant or even accurate information...sure. None of that applies.

In their mind Brent Stockstill is like Michael Vicks legs combined with Peyton Manning arms and Tim Tebows will.

They site impossible to prove points as fact and the actual facts aren't real. Acts as an insider who basically guaranteed Stockstill was playing. "Hid" the injury because they had no idea what it was.

MTRaider--take a hike. Your defense sucks and gave up 100 yards to a running back who only saw the field because of injuries...after giving up 100 yards in a single half to a different back. Don't tell me it would have been way different had they not play so much. Did the humidity in the first half wear them out so much they couldn't tackle Rodney Smith?

I see comprehension is not your strong suit...

Starting to hear that he is not going to play. Feared worse case scenario I described earlier appears to be the case. It's not definitive yet; however, I would put the chances that he plays at less than 5%.

Without him, we won't move the ball, you guys will have a short field all day, and will win 42-3 or something like that.

Well at least MT Raider is not hiding under a fake moniker like so many Beckyites that troll over here.Cue up a new one .....Booger.

I hope Stockstill missing this game doesn't cost him the Heisman.

Well at least MT Raider is not hiding under a fake moniker like so many Beckyites that troll over here.Cue up a new one .....Booger.

You may be the most paranoid poster I've seen over the years- and you're getting worse ruppert- used to enjoy your posts rupe but you need some serious help.

All of you who are mad that we aren't rolling out a red carpet for MT Raider should probably read the insane propagandist garbage being posted.

If it were sane, relevant or even accurate information...sure. None of that applies.

In their mind Brent Stockstill is like Michael Vicks legs combined with Peyton Manning arms and Tim Tebows will.

They site impossible to prove points as fact and the actual facts aren't real. Acts as an insider who basically guaranteed Stockstill was playing. "Hid" the injury because they had no idea what it was.

MTRaider--take a hike. Your defense sucks and gave up 100 yards to a running back who only saw the field because of injuries...after giving up 100 yards in a single half to a different back. Don't tell me it would have been way different had they not play so much. Did the humidity in the first half wear them out so much they couldn't tackle Rodney Smith?

Not sure what your deal is, but the MTSU poster is the one who suggested Stockstill wasn't going to play, and even seemed to express skepticism over the "probable" designation (from some unofficial third party) that was posted here.

Also, every fan is going to be enthusiastic about their team. Don't think anyone confused Stockstill with a hall of famer, but he is a good player. You see some QBs outside the power 5 drafted every year. James might be an all American. Doesn't matter if you've never heard of him. Gotta be honest, I don't think I ever heard of Corey Davis until well into his sr year.

It's a shame you guys didn't get to see Stockstill. It looks like the O-line has fixed its pass protection issues and you would have seen a very different offense with Brent behind center. And certainly a better test for conference play. Brent suffered a separated rib early in the 4th qtr last week so playing would simply have been too dangerous. Obviously, he didn't tell the medical staff and coaches last week how bad it was.

Not much of a chance with us having our two best players on the sideline and not being able to pick up first downs and give the defense a rest. That's the biggest killer is not being able to sustain at least a drive or two. Pretty much what I expected as I mentioned in the other thread.

Good luck in the Big 10. You guys have an absolutely wonderful coach. Fleck is awesome and will do great things for y'all there.

MTRaider, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I appreciate the insight you have brought to this board and I apologize for the way some of my comrades have treated you this week. May the wind catch your sails and pull you into the port of happiness.

MTRaider, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I appreciate the insight you have brought to this board and I apologize for the way some of my comrades have treated you this week. May the wind catch your sails and pull you into the port of happiness.

Yup, the insights and conversation provided over the last week or so are appreciated. Have a good season Sir.

You may be the most paranoid poster I've seen over the years- and you're getting worse ruppert- used to enjoy your posts rupe but you need some serious help.

Don't think so. You my good friend are not reading between the lines. I've never seen so many sniper's. this early in the season.

Not sure what game the visitor was watching, but we had a couple sacks, lots of hurries and tackles for loss

Ditto

Top Bottom