Northern Illinois upsets Nebraska 21-17!!!

froggopher

Reaction score
There are many pissed off Cornhusker fans in Lincoln today!!!:clap::clap::cry::cry::pig::pig: They are already screaming for a new coach!!

Nebraska is not good.

They had good recruits in attendance as well today.

Iowa isn't looking much better. Down 14-10 to North Texas at half

To think they had some good defenses under Pelini. The curse of Bo will not be broken until the chair resurfaces.

Nebraska's QB is a mistake machine.

You guys know how I feel about the Cornholers...it's so much fun to watch them suffer.

As someone said in the other games thread, it's too bad we don't start conference play with Neb. They look horrible on both sides of the ball. I imagine they'll improve as the year goes on...but I guess that's true of most teams who have a stafff with a pulse. I'm so excited for this season!

Northern Illinois played well today. It was hard for Nebraska to get over the ints

It's interesting watching their fans go through the four year cycle of:

We need to fire our coach.
to
Now we will hire the best coach ever because we are the most coveted job in the nation.
to
Not thrilled about the new coach, but I think he'll be the right fit for what we need right now.
to
Some short term success
to
Failure
to
We need to fire our coach and the cycle begins again.

As someone said in the other games thread, it's too bad we don't start conference play with Neb. They look horrible on both sides of the ball. I imagine they'll improve as the year goes on...but I guess that's true of most teams who have a stafff with a pulse. I'm so excited for this season!

They can't get their defense and offense to show up at the same time. The D, which was very bad, has only given up 7 points over the last 6 quarters.

Bring back Bo!

9 wins is awesome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They can't get their defense and offense to show up at the same time. The D, which was very bad, has only given up 7 points over the last 6 quarters.

You don't suppose Oregon let off the gas a little in the second half? NIU stopped themselves often with dropped passes today. NIU marched down and punched it in with walrus ball late.

Pitchforks out.

You don't suppose Oregon let off the gas a little in the second half? NIU stopped themselves often with dropped passes today. NIU marched down and punched it in with walrus ball late.

Pitchforks out.

No I don't think Oregon did. Nebraska had the ball with a chance to tie that game.

It's interesting watching their fans go through the four year cycle of:

We need to fire our coach.
to
Now we will hire the best coach ever because we are the most coveted job in the nation.
to
Not thrilled about the new coach, but I think he'll be the right fit for what we need right now.
to
Some short term success
to
Failure
to
We need to fire our coach and the cycle begins again.

Perfectly stated and spot on!

Go to the HuskerMax biard if you'd like an entertaining read.

Nebraska looked flat all game, especially in the first half. A reaction to the downer ending at Oregon? But they also were making technical mistakes, on offense and defense. The new defense coaching scheme/staff is not working out so well.

Just got back from two days in Omaha, today was a complete meltdown of delusional Husker fans. Hilarious. Friday night I sat next to one ignorant Nebhole who told me the Oregon game was 'just a wake-up call' and the Huskers were going to win the Big10.

Any opinion on what the difference is for Nebraska compared to what they were like in the glory days?

Some people had hinted that in the 90's (and 80's / 70's) they did a far better job than other schools at weight training (and whatever else might go with that).

Teams would go play Nebraska, and they were simply larger, stronger, players.
Where now that playing field has been leveled with all teams doing similar things to get the right size athletes.

Anyone else think there is a fundamental change anywhere?

The spread offense has changed football, but is there a reason Nebraska has seemed to suffer worse than others?
Is it because unlike USC, Florida St, Alabama, etc., they just aren't as an appealing location to be recruited to?

Ever since they've been in the Big Ten, they haven't been anywhere close to a Top 5 national team.

Just got back from two days in Omaha, today was a complete meltdown of delusional Husker fans. Hilarious. Friday night I sat next to one ignorant Nebhole who told me the Oregon game was 'just a wake-up call' and the Huskers were going to win the Big10.

Evidently, he didn't view the Arkansas State game.

Any opinion on what the difference is for Nebraska compared to what they were like in the glory days?

Some people had hinted that in the 90's (and 80's / 70's) they did a far better job than other schools at weight training (and whatever else might go with that).

Teams would go play Nebraska, and they were simply larger, stronger, players.
Where now that playing field has been leveled with all teams doing similar things to get the right size athletes.

Anyone else think there is a fundamental change anywhere?

The spread offense has changed football, but is there a reason Nebraska has seemed to suffer worse than others?
Is it because unlike USC, Florida St, Alabama, etc., they just aren't as an appealing location to be recruited to?

Ever since they've been in the Big Ten, they haven't been anywhere close to a Top 5 national team.

It helped having 6 - 7 GUARANTEED wins every year before even stepping on the field (Big 8)......2 "Body Bag" non-conference games, fewer scholarships allowed by NCAA, perception, TV, etc. Number of reasons.

What are the odds Mike Riley makes it to the end of season? I realize the AD gave him a 1 year extension last year. He was a questionable hire 4 years ago. And the wait till he gets his players in here, shows you its an excuse. He is at best a 55% win rate. They have broken what they had, and now have no where to go. And all the hype that they would challenge Wisconsin in the West. Those with those stories can throw them away. And BTN you should stop it as well.

Nebraska at it best was The Blackshirt Defense and Pound the Rock offense. They are now a middling defense and 47 throws and 3 interception a game. Its a losing premise. See Joe Salem.

Top Bottom