STrib: Antoine Winfield Jr. vs. Richie James – is pay-per-view worthy

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

In this corner, wearing the all-gold ensemble, you have Antoine Winfield Jr., the 5-10, 204-pound Gophers safety wearing No. 11 with a nose for the football and a history of making big plays.

In that corner, wearing royal blue and silver, you have Richie James, the 5-9, 176-pound wide receiver for Middle Tennessee sporting No. 3 who just might be the best college football player you’ve never heard of.

Come Saturday afternoon at TCF Bank Stadium, Winfield and James will match skills, with the Gophers sophomore shadowing the Blue Raiders junior playmaker in a middleweight title fight of sorts. Sure, it’s not Mayweather vs. McGregor, but it’s a matchup well worth savoring and one you won’t have to plunk down a $100 pay-per-view fee to see.

Let’s get ready to rumble.

“So far this season, he’s the best wide receiver I’ve seen,” said Winfield, sporting a grin and a twinkle in his eye when talking about his assignment. “This will be the biggest challenge so far.”

http://www.startribune.com/this-gop...ichie-james-is-pay-per-view-worthy/444708733/

Go Gophers!!

Thank goodness we don't do PPV.

Some teams do that for non conference games....

I'm only on my phone currently but has Big Game Richie James traditionally put up big numbers against power 5 teams? Or does he just shred teams like FAU or whoever it was he ran for 200+ yards against?

I'll check when on my laptop later if no one responds.

I'm only on my phone currently but has Big Game Richie James traditionally put up big numbers against power 5 teams? Or does he just shred teams like FAU or whoever it was he ran for 200+ yards against?

I'll check when on my laptop later if no one responds.

In 2016 James had 183 yards receiving vs Vanderbilt and 129 vs Missouri. In 2015 he had 95 yards vs Bama, 141 vs Illinois, and 95 vs Vandy.

Little Ritchie will be humbled tomorrow... If he's there best out side the QB you have to double him all the time.

Little Ritchie will be humbled tomorrow... If he's there best out side the QB you have to double him all the time.

Not if it's the 2nd string QB- rather give him all kind of looks he's unlikely to have seen to induce poor decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom