STrib: Might Gophers football be Nebraska's new Black Friday matchup?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Gophers vs. Cornhuskers on Black Friday? It could happen in 2020 and 2021.

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said Thursday that he has contacted Gophers AD Mark Coyle about having the 2020 and 2021 football games moved from the Saturday after Thanksgiving to that Friday.

Eichorst, quoted on the school’s athletic website, said Minnesota’s initial response was “positive,’’ but declined to elaborate. “Stay tuned,” he added.

“We will discuss this with Nebraska,’’ Paul Rovnak, Gophers assistant athletic director for communications, said Thursday night.

http://www.startribune.com/might-gophers-football-be-nebraska-s-new-black-friday-matchup/444567233/

Go Gophers!!

The $5 bits of broken chair would fit the Black Friday theme well!

This would be great exposure and fun to watch on Black Friday, but not as great if you want to travel to Nebraska for the game. But that's a small price to pay.

Is the Friday game normally at 11AM or prime time? If its a 7pm game or evening game at least I could get into this.

Is the Friday game normally at 11AM or prime time? If its a 7pm game or evening game at least I could get into this.

I think like a lot of games it would depend on the media partner and how well we both are doing.

I like it, but I can already hear the complaints about how the U is stepping on the Prep Bowl and Mall of America shopping....

At least the last two years and this year, it's been 2:30 or 3

Interesting. Well not everyone has black friday off of work, and I'm one of them. If it won't be a prime time game then I guess my vote is keep it Saturday.

Let’s talk image. Mike Hlas, veteran columnist in Cedar Rapids, writes that the Big Ten matched up Iowa with Wisconsin in the final week to get the two best programs in the Big Ten West together. He also added that the decision to pair NU with Minnesota “says the Huskers haven’t added any prestige inside the Big Ten.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_81919193-9d15-5403-96d2-41650baa6e25.html

I like it, but I can already hear the complaints about how the U is stepping on the Prep Bowl and Mall of America shopping....

I'm sure they'll schedule it as not to intrude with the almighty metro games, so no worries. Only 5 people would be affected in the smaller classes, so no big deal...

Top Bottom