Minnesota Preps 2018 and 2019 Recruits at MTSU Game

vames

Reaction score
Appears to be a fairly big recruiting weekend for the Gophers. Biggest names with offers that are uncommitted are Edina's Quinn Carroll and Lakeville North's Bryce Benhart. 2018 Commits attending are Benjamin Sapp, Brevyn Spann-Ford, Logan Richter, Nathan Boe and Josh Aune. Seniors invited without offers - Eden Prairie LB Antonio Montero (6'0 215), Cooper OL Adam Cook (6'7 325), Waseca Ath Saiveon Williamson (6'1 190), Winona DL Nick Waldo (6'3 250), Prior Lake Zach Whaley (6'5 285), and Centennial LB Jarrod Peterson (6'1 220). Juniors picking invites in addition to Carroll and Benhart are Eden Prairie QB Cole Kramer (6'1 175), Owatonna RB Jason Williamson (6'1 185), Wayzata TE Billie Rivirie (6'4 240), Monticello OL (6'4 250), BSM LB John Whitmore (6'2 215), Maple Grove RB Evan Hull (5'11 185) and Tonka Ath Jackson Owens (6'2 185).

Sorry....not tracking out of state players. If anyone else on the board knows of players picking up invites, feel free to share I can track down details. Go Gophers! V Ames

With that group in the stands, this would not be the week to lay an egg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the biggest thing when recruits are at games is the atmosphere. Loud fans, fun game day experiences, etc do more than a win or loss. Obviously winning usually creates a better atmosphere but I don't think a loss Saturday kills recruiting.

Love this idea!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3 TDs with the last one being the game-winner at he open end of Memorial Stadium (where the student section was). I was at that game and it is the most exciting game I ever witnessed live.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PJ working the dad angle with Quinn

Considering our OL weakness, Quinn Carroll might be the most important recruit of the Fleck era. He and Blaise starting at the tackles in 2019 and beyond would be elite.

Considering our OL weakness, Quinn Carroll might be the most important recruit of the Fleck era. He and Blaise starting at the tackles in 2019 and beyond would be elite.

Would have to agree with this statement. Carroll plus Benhart to go along with Andries would be huge for Fleck!

3 TDs with the last one being the game-winner at he open end of Memorial Stadium (where the student section was). I was at that game and it is the most exciting game I ever witnessed live.

Ok, here is some trivia for you. Many of you know that the head coach of the Buckeyes at that time was Earl Bruce. What many of you may not know is that after that loss Earl Bruce was so upset with how the Buckeye secondary played that at the end of that season he fired the defensive back coach.

The defensive back coach that was fired was non other than.......................

Nick Saban.

I kid you not.

Ok, here is some trivia for you. Many of you know that the head coach of the Buckeyes at that time was Earl Bruce. What many of you may not know is that after that loss Earl Bruce was so upset with how the Buckeye secondary played that at the end of that season he fired the defensive back coach.

The defensive back coach that was fired was non other than.......................

Nick Saban.

I kid you not.

I think he might have got fired after a game against Navy, the 1981 Liberty Bowl. Whacked the entire defensive staff after the victory.

Additional Minnesota preps attending were Anoka OL Joey Lombard (6'5 310), Winona DB/LB Logan Smith (6'5 200), and Procter DE Kaleb Stevens (6'2 245).

Who is he, and what position does he play?

He plays QB for Breck HS...not sure if he plays on defense too. Good Basketball player as he played on the Howard Pulley Panthers with Daniel Oturu, Tre Jones, Gabe Kalscheur & Jarvis Thomas and I believe he was typically the 5th starter. I think he's got some mid/low major hoops offers but he is a big/athletic kid who I think could play several positions in football.

He plays QB for Breck HS...not sure if he plays on defense too. Good Basketball player as he played on the Howard Pulley Panthers with Daniel Oturu, Tre Jones, Gabe Kalscheur & Jarvis Thomas and I believe he was typically the 5th starter. I think he's got some mid/low major hoops offers but he is a big/athletic kid who I think could play several positions in football.

6-6, 245 pound QB for Breck that also plays some D-line. I think I saw North Star football or some website rank him as the #3 prospect in the state behind Quinn and Benhart. Has basketball offers from UNI, UND and a few others and is probably the #2 class of 2019 player in the state behind Mathew Hurt. Averaged over 10 PPG for Howard Pulley's 17U with Tre and Daniel.

[video]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6018979/58127db5688ec3488042c27e[/video]

People for a long time have been saying we need to step our O-line play, as Wisconsin and Iowa have had success in that position group for years. This would be a good way to do that.

Iowa and Wisky lose top lineman. Bredeson left Wisky to go to Michigan. Pierschbacher decommited from Iowa and went to Alabama.

Yes, it is important to show recruits our weaknesses and inability to improve. Sign me up!

He Roddy looks the part

6-6, 245 pound QB for Breck that also plays some D-line. I think I saw North Star football or some website rank him as the #3 prospect in the state behind Quinn and Benhart. Has basketball offers from UNI, UND and a few others and is probably the #2 class of 2019 player in the state behind Mathew Hurt. Averaged over 10 PPG for Howard Pulley's 17U with Tre and Daniel.

6-6 245 doe he have anyone to throw the ball to at Breck. That Roddy kid sure does look the part of an athlete you would hope your QB could be.

I'd put the Delasalle PG at number two for hoops in 2019

Remember Moses Alipate, former QB for the Gophers? Roddy is about similar in size.

6-6 245 doe he have anyone to throw the ball to at Breck. That Roddy kid sure does look the part of an athlete you would hope your QB could be.
My guess is that he is not being recruited as a Qb even though that might be what he plays in HS. Probably trying to figure out what position his athletic abilities would be the best fit for him in college.

Top Bottom