Fairground Lot

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
The Billd's are joining a Fairground Lot tailgate for this game.

Since day one at TCF we've used Lot C86 on the West Bank and just walked to/from TCF.

Not expecting issues but any tips on using the shuttle service going and coming appreciated.

Looking forward to the atmosphere on the east side of Gophers Gameday!

The Billd's are joining a Fairground Lot tailgate for this game.

Since day one at TCF we've used Lot C86 on the West Bank and just walked to/from TCF.

Not expecting issues but any tips on using the shuttle service going and coming appreciated.

Looking forward to the atmosphere on the east side of Gophers Gameday!

Have been at the fairgrounds lot since year 2. No complaints. Parking space and out door toilets are plentiful.

Bus service is great. Busses start running to TCF about 3 hours before game time and increase in volume as game time approaches. Never had to wait for a bus inside of an hour before game time and if there is a wait it is very short.

After the game you may experience a bit of a wait but the line moves quickly. Longest wait that I have experienced has been about 10 minutes. $10.00 for all of that. Pretty good deal. Plus exit from the lot is quick. No congestion.

Good luck!

You'll love it. It could hardly be more convenient. The only downside is the long lines to get a bus back after the game. But that's a small price to pay for everything you get.

Exactly what GOFUR said. I've parked there many times as well and there are no headaches. The shuttle service runs like an efficient, fine-tuned machine. Plus, leaving the lot is so much easier than a ramp, etc. down by the campus.

I will say the only drawback is you're obviously not by the stadium and that whole atmosphere, but if you take an early shuttle you can head over and soak all of that in.

Oh, and sometimes, you may be shoulder-to-shoulder with some drunk guy who's got a bus-load of an audience and thinks he's the second coming of Andrew "Dice" Clay, but that guy is usually pretty harmless.

Have fun! I think you'll be happy with it.

We've parked there since TCF opened. The only problems encountered were after the first game against Air Force, when no barriers were set up and getting on the bus back was a giant cluster.....

The only time we had a significant wait to go from St. Paul to TCF was the 2011 NDSU game, when the parking lot was swarming with Bison fans. The wait in line to get back to St. Paul is always longer than the wait before the game, but it's not too bad.

What everyone else said. Shuttles to game are fast and convenient. Going back to the lot you MAY have to wait as much as 10 minutes in line.

My son has a football game from 12 to 130pm so I won't be able tailgate this Saturday.

Been there since day 1 as well. Agree with all of the above. If you have time, grab a beer or two after the game, there'll be no line for the shuttle. If not, you'll wait for 10 minutes or so. Really no big deal. I like it. They let you spread out and take a couple spots since it never fills (outside of 2011 NDSU). Also, the cops come by constantly and bs with you. They appreciate being offered food, and will take you up on it usually. They don't bother you unless you're doing something REALLY dumb.

Thanks all. Expectations are set.

Who knows...maybe need to switch lots and head east?

Are there still great tailgate games being played in the lot? That's the thing I remember about St. Paul.

Top Bottom