Great little feel good story on Gary Moore

“Last year, I didn’t even think Gary could even be here,” said Richardson, a senior tackle. “But right now, this Gary has done some great things. I keep seeing him grow every day and every week, too.”

At a glance, Moore looks the same as last year. He’s the same size, and he’s still rocking dreadlocks.

“But I grew a lot,” Moore said, “basically from the point of I was thinking about giving up to the point of just working hard, following Coach’s lead and starting to get better at what I do now.”

Three years ago, Moore played in four games as a true freshman. After redshirting the following season, he played only four games in 2016. Moore matched his four career tackles in two games this season, along with a sack, forced fumble and pass breakup.

Beyond better stats, Moore also has improved his quickness, stamina and fundamentals by driving hard at practice.

“Gary Moore is a changing man,” Fleck said. “What an amazing story he is and what he’s about. Just his attitude, just the way he speaks, just the way he walks, holds himself, talks, the way he plays. Gary Moore made a ton of plays [Saturday]. … If you would have told me that would have happened with Gary Moore five months ago, I would have said no way.”

Go Gophers!!

MN Daily: Gary Moore steps up first year in starting role

Gary Moore’s future with the Gophers was unsure when P.J. Fleck took over as head coach.

“He was this close from being out of the program,” Fleck said. “He took that chance that he got and he ran with it … and he’s never looked back.”

Many Gophers players were close to exiting the program with this year's coaching change, but this year, Moore has broken out as a threat on the defensive line. The defensive tackle turned heads last week with a strip-sack on Oregon State’s quarterback that put the Gophers in scoring position on the Beavers' 24 yard line.

“It’s like a new dad coming [into] your life every year,” Fleck said. “We’re finding out things everyday, about who’s in, who’s out.”

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2017/09/gary-moore-steps-up-first-year-in-starting-role

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom