New backup QB Seth Green 'needs more reps,' but Gophers coaches getting him ready

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Ciarrocca said Green knows the offense but needs more practice time to improve.

"Seth's done a great job of taking mental reps," Ciarrocca said Wednesday. "The third-string guy has to learn by osmosis. He has to see and do. We always have our quarterbacks back behind [the starter] and they're acting like they're in [the game] anyhow. On every single play they're going through their footwork and their reads, so he's done a great job with that."

Green, a former East Ridge standout who transferred to Allen, Texas, for his senior season in high school, joined the Gophers in January 2016 and spent last season as a redshirt. He worked behind Rhoda and Croft during training camp.

"He needs some reps and he needs to play," Ciarrocca said. "The bye week [Sept. 17-23] will be very helpful for him from a repetition standpoint. … He just needs more reps. The more reps the better.''

http://www.startribune.com/new-back...262423/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

I don't doubt he could use some time time and could improve.

Those lines just read like the "if he is a good hitter why doesn't he hit good" / "he just needs more at bats" thing.

Perhaps he is going to take this opportunity and go with it knowing that he is that much closer to the field being number 2.

He has to make the best of his chances. Conor got his by being patient and through hard work.

per Randy:

"He needs some reps and he needs to play," Ciarrocca said. "The bye week [Sept. 17-23] will be very helpful for him from a repetition standpoint. … He just needs more reps. The more reps the better.''

This line stand out to anyone else as it relates to a Croft timetable?

Oh yes I had the same thought. He might not play for a while if they are concerned about having Green ready for the games after the bye.

Wonder how far behind Croft he is? Maybe he's closer than the coaches thought and takes Croft's #2 from here on out. I'm thinking positive.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher:

http://www.startribune.com/new-backu...source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, thought it was directed to Croft.

Oh yes I had the same thought. He might not play for a while if they are concerned about having Green ready for the games after the bye.

This gives me a bad deja vu feeling. Croft runs 60+ yards for a touchdown and vanishes for an undetermined period. Przybilla puts up 32 on Indiana and disappears forever.

This gives me a bad deja vu feeling. Croft runs 60+ yards for a touchdown and vanishes for an undetermined period. Przybilla puts up 32 on Indiana and disappears forever.

Yeah right. It could turn out that Croft may as well has just kept running on that last scamper right into the tunnel and the sunset.

Yeah right. It could turn out that Croft may as well has just kept running on that last scamper right into the tunnel and the sunset.

I apologize for this in advance, but I can't resist:

If that was Croft's last big play for the Gophers, at least he went out on a "high" note.

(cue hisses and boos.......)

A coach needs to prepare for worst possible scenario. They don't know when Croft will be back. They're coaching as if he'll be gone for the forseeable future, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's the case.

If that was Croft's last big play for the Gophers, at least he went out on a "high" note.

56d.gif

I thought this was hilarious...but the monkey is unimpressed.

giphy.gif

I am kinda excited for Seth to get his shot. Maybe he is a gamer and his unconventional style will take off if he gets to play.
The bye week comment also made me think of the "we play with the guys we got" in that the OC can't count on DC until he rejoins the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am kinda excited for Seth to get his shot. Maybe he is a gamer and his unconventional style will take off if he gets to play.
The bye week comment also made me think of the "we play with the guys we got" in that the OC can't count on DC until he rejoins the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man if he could just throw all his passes sidearm or underhand!

Didn't somebody evaluate him for Oregon and found something wrong with his throwing mechanics?

Didn't somebody evaluate him for Oregon and found something wrong with his throwing mechanics?

Word has it from Oregon fans was that Green was determined to be a bit of a "project" at QB his senior season and his offer was no longer good as far as a QB position goes, but they'd take him as something else.

I've no idea how true that is. It'a just what I heard from Oregon fans.

I remember reading somewhere that they offered him a TE spot.

Would think that if Green improves enough to be the legit #2 that Croft isn't going to return. Hello UND.

How far behind Green can Morgan be?

How far behind Bachmeier are all of them. LOL!!!

Top Bottom