The New New Gold Helmets

It looks like a pole that's blurred out, or another camera. But why blur that?

There is also a "How-Way" sign there that isn't blurred out briefly in the video but I'm not sure what would be under that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is only partly in jest. I think there is a legitimate chance that next year, the Gophers wear a different uniform combination in every game. They will never wear the exact same combination more than once in a season. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that the "what are the Gophers wearing this week?" thread will be never-ending.

And Spoof - instead of "Row the Boat," the Goldy helmets should have "Spin Your Head" on the stripe. that would be bleepin' hilarious.

This would be terrible for those of us that base our bets on which team's uniforms we like better...hope they unveil them early!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's blurred there throughout, strange.

If you watch closely, it is a person that is blurred out. You can see their legs at one time when Goldy moves in front of them. Maybe it is a recruit that they can't show, or someone they don't want people to know was in the meeting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the helmet!!! More importantly, the team loves it and so do my grandkids. RTB!

If you watch closely, it is a person that is blurred out. You can see their legs at one time when Goldy moves in front of them. Maybe it is a recruit that they can't show, or someone they don't want people to know was in the meeting.

That would make sense

I love it. A small replica would look awesome in my man-cave.

This is madness and needs to stop. Here is my proposed way forward:

To the fans:

Please remain seated during the entire game. Feel free to use halftime or timeouts to 'stretch those legs' and complain about the stadium amenities or loud "rap" music.

Please do not cheer too loudly. This is not a sporting event, for God's sake.

Please only wear your approved 'Block M' knit sweater vests and cardigans.

Please consider leaving home games early so you can beat the traffic. I mean this traffic is a doozy, right?

Please continue to only celebrate traditions memorable and relevant to octogenarians. Remember, nothing new or exciting. It's not like we're trying to GROW the fan base, sheesh!

Here are a few additional approved topics for your disapproval:
  • The side of the field Minnesota will use at TCF Bank Stadium
  • The name of TCF Bank Stadium
  • Fun ideas like a new Trophy between mascots from UofM and NE
  • The excitement level and demeanor of our head coach
  • Uniform combinations
  • The local media and how they are so unfair
Also, please remember to pick up your coupon for Country Hearth Bread at our next meeting.

I like the new helmets, and love the all Gold look in honor of Goldy's birthday.

I get where your coming from BarnBoy, too many get off my lawn types posting on here, but it's harmless here.

This is madness and needs to stop. Here is my proposed way forward:

To the fans:

Please remain seated during the entire game. Feel free to use halftime or timeouts to 'stretch those legs' and complain about the stadium amenities or loud "rap" music.

Please do not cheer too loudly. This is not a sporting event, for God's sake.

Please only wear your approved 'Block M' knit sweater vests and cardigans.

Please consider leaving home games early so you can beat the traffic. I mean this traffic is a doozy, right?

Please continue to only celebrate traditions memorable and relevant to octogenarians. Remember, nothing new or exciting. It's not like we're trying to GROW the fan base, sheesh!

Here are a few additional approved topics for your disapproval:
  • The side of the field Minnesota will use at TCF Bank Stadium
  • The name of TCF Bank Stadium
  • Fun ideas like a new Trophy between mascots from UofM and NE
  • The excitement level and demeanor of our head coach
  • Uniform combinations
  • The local media and how they are so unfair
Also, please remember to pick up your coupon for Country Hearth Bread at our next meeting.

Majority of the posts here have been positive...

Love this. It's officially a GOLD OUT!

P.S. Happy Birthday Goldy.

Is it actually a "gold out" for the fans too - cuz that'd be awesome.

Agreed - they'd have to hand out gold shirts or poms to the fans as they come in.

I'm not a full banana fan but I love these lids for a special look. People have wanted us to get a pro combat set for years...well, this is kinda what a Minnesota set of those would look like...huge alt logo, heavy on the gold...furry stuff.

Love the helmets - and love that they are honoring Goldy! Not going to search through this thread again, but whoever suggested that the stripe should have read "Spin Your Head" is a genius. That would have been amazing.

This is only partly in jest. I think there is a legitimate chance that next year, the Gophers wear a different uniform combination in every game. They will never wear the exact same combination more than once in a season. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that the "what are the Gophers wearing this week?" thread will be never-ending.

And Spoof - instead of "Row the Boat," the Goldy helmets should have "Spin Your Head" on the stripe. that would be bleepin' hilarious.

+1 LOL
That would be awesome!

That Tail Stripe would look really good on the side of the pants

Big fan of all three uniforms to date. Going monochrome is much more appealing and glad Fleck and co get that. I wish the Twins would figure that out ( the ugly red jersey with white or grey pants thing or blue shirt with light pants is fugly).

Big fan of all three uniforms to date. Going monochrome is much more appealing and glad Fleck and co get that. I wish the Twins would figure that out ( the ugly red jersey with white or grey pants thing or blue shirt with light pants is fugly).

Monochrome is awful. Looks like they are wearing pajamas.

Marketing to little Gophers everywhere. As another stated, this is long overdue.

My three year old daughter said this morning she gets to go to Goldy's birthday party and was excited they got him a helmet with his picture on it.

I think I am raising her correctly!

My three year old daughter said this morning she gets to go to Goldy's birthday party and was excited they got him a helmet with his picture on it.

I think I am raising her correctly!

That's so cute

Awesome helmet. I wish they would auction several after the game. I would abso-dang-lutely be bidding.

I think you got it 100%. I think there's a rule prohibiting showing any recruits on campus in any kind of publicity thing. Could you tell how big he was or if he had a good throwing arm?

Top Bottom