B1G releases 2020 & 2021 conference schedules

Calling it right now - Gophers beat Ohio State Sept. 4, 2021.

Calling it right now - Gophers beat Ohio State Sept. 4, 2021.

If you are going to beat Ohio State, no better opportunity than week 1 at home. Rematch of the 2020 Big Ten Championship game?!?

No Thursday night opener in 2021?

If you are going to beat Ohio State, no better opportunity than week 1 at home. Rematch of the 2020 Big Ten Championship game?!?

No Thursday night opener in 2021?

I don't think that is confirmed. They list all of the week 1 games on 9-4-21, which surely will not be the case.

Very good bet there will be a Thursday night and Friday night kick that week.

I don't think that is confirmed. They list all of the week 1 games on 9-4-21, which surely will not be the case.

Very good bet there will be a Thursday night and Friday night kick that week.

perhaps. i also seem to recall a news topic a year or two ago that the U of M told the state fair that thursday night season openers just in order to accomodate state fair parkers on the U of M's property was not going to go on into perpetuity.

As a 33 year old with the mentality of a 65 year old curmudgeon, I really dislike all the strange scheduling decisions being made in the league office (between both football and basketball).

Why all the early season conference games? Why disrupt all the season ending rivalry games? Playing both Iowa and Wisconsin in the first half of the 2020 season, PUKE!!

I guess ending with Nebraska isn't too bad as it will give us to a chance to continue to develop that rivalry.

As a 33 year old with the mentality of a 65 year old curmudgeon, I really dislike all the strange scheduling decisions being made in the league office (between both football and basketball).

Why all the early season conference games? Why disrupt all the season ending rivalry games? Playing both Iowa and Wisconsin in the first half of the 2020 season, PUKE!!

I guess ending with Nebraska isn't too bad as it will give us to a chance to continue to develop that rivalry.

Interesting this just came out, but I was just thinking the other day that we should be rotating WI, IA, and NE the last weekend of the season. I like what they are doing here. 2022 and 2023 will probably be Iowa.

Interesting this just came out, but I was just thinking the other day that we should be rotating WI, IA, and NE the last weekend of the season. I like what they are doing here. 2022 and 2023 will probably be Iowa.

At first glance, 5 road games look way more daunting than 4. And except for week one, 2021 looks like the easier schedule not knowing who rises up in 4 or 5 years.

2020 Is tough Week 3-7

Iowa
BYU
@ Maryland
@ Wisconsin
Michigan

If that is the case then I'm on board. Still wish we would have all three of those games clustered in the middle/back end of the schedule but whatever.

That sucks Wisconsin isn't the last game, always nice to finish with a big rivalry

Ohio State is gonna be out for blood in 2021 after losing the B1G Championship game to us in 2020

Do they just throw darts when deciding crossover games? This will make it six years in a row that Maryland is on the schedule...

Do they just throw darts when deciding crossover games? This will make it six years in a row that Maryland is on the schedule...

Thought the same thing. We haven't played in Bloomington since 2013, and won't until 2021. Indiana comes here next season so we'll play them 1 damn time in 9 years, but play Maryland every season? Makes zero sense.

Thought the same thing. We haven't played in Bloomington since 2013, and won't until 2021. Indiana comes here next season so we'll play them 1 damn time in 9 years, but play Maryland every season? Makes zero sense.

Wisconsin has been getting Michigan, so yeah I'm good.

2021 looks to be an Elite home schedule.

The Indiana-Purdue protected rivalry screws up the crossover schedule for everyone else.

There's supposed to be a formula that group matches the historically top teams of each division against the top teams of the other division and lower vs lower. So, over the course of a decade, the schedule is weighted to more evenly matched opponents. I don't know how they define "historical" b/c I don't think anything other than the last 20-30 years is relevant, but it's a good idea. I just don't have a lot of faith in it's implementation.

That sucks Wisconsin isn't the last game, always nice to finish with a big rivalry

I wonder if the Gophers and Badgers pushed to move it up because it gives the game a better chance of matching undefeateds and getting on College Gameday??

Seems odd that that's the only rivalry matchup that they'd move off the last weekend (Indiana/Purdue, Michigan/OSU, even Illinois/Northwestern are staying put).

I wonder if the 2021 Ohio state game means the end of the Thursday night openers? I thought we had some state fair rule we have to follow??

I wonder if the 2021 Ohio state game means the end of the Thursday night openers? I thought we had some state fair rule we have to follow??

As I understand it, the U of MN has an agreement with the state fair board, running through 2022, that any home game before Labor Day will not be played on a Saturday. September 4th is before Labor day in 2021.

So - either the Fair Board is allowing the Gophers to change the agreement (not likely - the Fair Board thinks they run the State), or that game is going to be moved to Thursday or Friday.

I wonder if the Gophers and Badgers pushed to move it up because it gives the game a better chance of matching undefeateds and getting on College Gameday??

Seems odd that that's the only rivalry matchup that they'd move off the last weekend (Indiana/Purdue, Michigan/OSU, even Illinois/Northwestern are staying put).

Playing Nebraska the last week also kicks aside their rivalry again Iowa the Friday after Thanksgiving...

Top Bottom