Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHomer View Post
    I'm not going to attack you, but it is also just as likely that both Devers and Croft did something wrong and deserved to be removed from the lineup. Especially this year, I think Fleck would treat everybody exactly the same. Now, in two years, when the team is basically split between guys he recruited and holdovers from the previous staff your conspiracy theory may be more apt.

As for what Croft did/has done - I don't think any of us know...and its kind of unfair to speculate (but here I go): if it has been ongoing problem, I think it points to either grades or a substance use disorder.
    Fleck said Croft's personal issue happened after he named Rhoda the starter, so unless you don't believe Fleck's explanation, I don't see how it was something ongoing with him.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Fleck said Croft's personal issue happened after he named Rhoda the starter, so unless you don't believe Fleck's explanation, I don't see how it was something ongoing with him.
    Did he say an event happened after.... or did he say he made the decision on what to do after?

I thought he indicated that that the decision on the starter came first. Then later they dealt with whatever happened. I don't think Fleck ever said when he knew what or the timing of any specific event or such.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDaveLee View Post
    I thought multiple players did not participate in multiple games before the EOAA report was finished? My memory goes in & out often though, so you can correct me if I'm wrong.....

Edit: Damn you, dpodoll, beat me to it....you're quicker than a cat!
    It's a tired trolling bit from Cruze. Don't feed the troll.

The AP reporter who is a regular guest on KFAN and KSTP said there have been problems with Croft that go back to Claeys and maybe Kill. He didn't go into detail about what the problems were.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    I've never before read one of your posts that didn't include the term "gang bang." Well done!
    Or due process.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Did he say an event happened after.... or did he say he made the decision on what to do after?

I thought he indicated that that the decision on the starter came first. Then later they dealt with whatever happened. I don't think Fleck ever said when he knew what or the timing of any specific event or such.
    http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/12...way-from-team/

On Monday, Fleck named Conor Rhoda the starting quarterback after a battle with Croft that lasted throughout preseason camp and into the first two games of the season. Fleck said the decision to start Rhoda was made prior to Croft’s issues.
    “Absolutely, this is not a reaction to what had happened,” Fleck said. “… Conor was informed of (being named the starter) before.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    The AP reporter who is a regular guest on KFAN and KSTP said there have been problems with Croft that go back to Claeys and maybe Kill. He didn't go into detail about what the problems were.
    See post #186.

8. Default

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/12...way-from-team/

On Monday, Fleck named Conor Rhoda the starting quarterback after a battle with Croft that lasted throughout preseason camp and into the first two games of the season. Fleck said the decision to start Rhoda was made prior to Croft’s issues.
    “Absolutely, this is not a reaction to what had happened,” Fleck said. “… Conor was informed of (being named the starter) before.”
    Is "croft's issues" an event or when they became aware of it?

Not that it matters either way.

I think PJ's timing statement was more to say Rhoda was chosen first and on his own merits rather than trying to give us a timeline of whatever happened that he doesn't want to talk about (understandably).

nm
    Last edited by Cruze; 09-13-2017 at 02:04 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Side matter.. What do you think the chances are of Green seeing a snap?

Zero unless there is injury or really bad performance issue (and I don't want to even consider that) ?
    I would love to see the Gophers build a good lead and see Green and other backups in the second half. I would say 30% chance of that in this game (might be too close).

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    I would love to see the Gophers build a good lead and see Green and other backups in the second half. I would say 30% chance of that in this game (might be too close).
    That and PJ might feel that with this teams confidence level and the noobs on the team.... might be best to get as much time as possible for the starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Side matter.. What do you think the chances are of Green seeing a snap?

Zero unless there is injury or really bad performance issue (and I don't want to even consider that) ?
    Hopefully good because we're up 3 scores in the 4th quarter. If the Croft issue is long-term then obviously Green is not red-shirting. May as well get him in there.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Hopefully good because we're up 3 scores in the 4th quarter. If the Croft issue is long-term then obviously Green is not red-shirting. May as well get him in there.
    He already redshirted last year so it's a moot point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    So, who will be behind Seth Green assuming Fleck does not want to burn Tanner Morgan's RS?
    19 Pickerign, Sam QB 6-4 224 FR Alpharetta, Ga. (Minnehaha Academy)
    17 Green, Seth QB 6-4 229 RS FR Woodbury, Minn. (Allen HS)
    14 Roste, Jaran QB 6-3 234 FR Alexandria, Minn. (Alexandria HS)
    13 Morgan, Tanner QB 6-2 205 FR Union, Ky. (Ryle HS)
    15 Rhoda, Conor QB 6-3 225 RS SR Eagan, Minn. (Cretin-Derham Hall HS)
    11 Croft, Demry QB 6-5 205 RS SO Rockford, Ill. (Boylan HS)
    Last edited by hungan1; 09-13-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    He already took a red shirt year . . .