Doogie Tweet: Gophers Might Not Have All Their Regulars UPDATED: Croft won't play Sat

If Demry asked for this, then I'll buy it. If Demry was told to do this, then it is a suspension regardless of what you call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Fleck gave him a choice?

Maybe Fleck gave him a choice?

Like, you can go or not, but if you don't you are off the team? Suspension.

Like, you can go or not, and if you don't there is no consequence. Not a suspension, but also only happens in LaLa land.

Like, you can go or not, and if you don't there is no consequence. Not a suspension, but also only happens in LaLa land.

You can make the choice to go away or I'll make it for you.

You can make the choice to go away or I'll make it for you.

That would be the right thing for PJ to say and I wouldn't be surprised if he did that. That still makes it a suspension tho, to me. Kind of like when someone is allowed to "resign" against their desire - they were fired.
Doesn't really matter - I just find the terminology goofy here and wonder why they don't just say suspension. Maybe I'll be proven wrong when facts come out - but sure looks like one to me.

If Demry asked for this, then I'll buy it. If Demry was told to do this, then it is a suspension regardless of what you call it.

Aren't most suspended players still around the team for practices, meetings and gamedays? I don't get the impression that Croft is doing any of those.

Like, you don't know, but that won't stop you from pushing your narrative?

Aren't most suspended players still around the team for practices, meetings and gamedays? I don't get the impression that Croft is doing any of those.

Suspended from team activities is a common phrase.

Like, you don't know, but that won't stop you from pushing your narrative?

Great insight. My "narrative" is what? Demry is suspended? Pretty controversial. I'm reeling from being called out UU. You got me.

If he was going to a drug or alcohol rehab place, wouldn't he be gone for about a month or so?

I'm speculating of course.

Aren't they usually about thirty days in patient? Again, this is all speculative about what his issue is.

Croft tweeted that he was at the volunteering event:
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But is still suspended:

Croft's not done because the house isn't painted, decks sanded, and the car's aren't all waxed yet...

If it was some type of a rehab or drug counseling program, doesn't have to be in-patient. there are also out-patient rehab programs - usually for 1st offenders or people with less serious offenses. I went to out-patient rehab twice. (didn't do me any good, but at the time, I wasn't ready to hear what they were saying......)

If anyone wants a break from speculating on what a kid may have done there is some real juice on the basketball forum of the FBI indicting Adidas officials and college coaches in schemes that had Adidas paying bball recruits as much as $150,000 to attend an Adidas sponsored school. One of the officials at Adidas in the middle is a former Nike employee, so this could get real juicy real fast! Bring popcorn!

That's great news. If he can find his way back.....he'll probably still see playing time this year. It obviously will not be a 50/50 split, as Rhoda clearly separated himself as the most capable QB as of now. But Rhoda is gone after this year. I'm not going to say that it's Croft's job to lose next year......but he has a very good shot to start.

Elite eye opening experience volunteering @P_S_P tonight with athletes across gopher nation tonight! #RTB 〽️— Demry Croft[emoji769] (@_TheRealDCroft_) September 26, 2017

But is still suspended:
#Gophers QB Demry Croft remains indefinitely suspended, @Coach_Fleck says.— Randy Johnson (@RJstrib) September 25, 2017

To me this is really encouraging because I take it as a sign that he wants to work his way back onto *this* team and fight for playing time.

If he was going to transfer there would be no need for volunteering.

I was told he kicked in a dorm room door of a girls dorm room. As far as I know, it wasn't malicious/assault/etc. It was more of a joke but he broke the door off the hinges and something else in the room broke.

Fleck made him go back the next day and apologize. Croft wore a suit. Girls accepted it. Croft paid for/someone paid for the new door/other broken stuff, etc.

Again, I can't confirm this is why he is away from the team but this happened after the Buffalo game, maybe that Saturday?

Truth comes out. Looks like the door issue (and possibly Vic V) caused the transfer

seems so odd that he would acknowledge the incident and apologize for it,then all of a sudden deny it and claims there is proof of his innocence.

Yeah, I feel like he just wanted out and used this as an excuse

If anyone wants a break from speculating on what a kid may have done there is some real juice on the basketball forum of the FBI indicting Adidas officials and college coaches in schemes that had Adidas paying bball recruits as much as $150,000 to attend an Adidas sponsored school. One of the officials at Adidas in the middle is a former Nike employee, so this could get real juicy real fast! Bring popcorn!

When I think of Adidas, I think of the Ruskies. They are synonymous with Russian. They have been providing athletic garments to Russian ahthetes for a long long time. Russians love their Adidas.

Croft never was going to be the answer. Never. Not even for a back up. Morgan would have played if he was the answer. We need a back up or two next year. How has Roste developed? Annexstad? Someone new?

Top Bottom