Doogie Tweet: Gophers Might Not Have All Their Regulars UPDATED: Croft won't play Sat

Yes, Spirituality can be religion or it could be absence of religion.

You need to believe in something bigger than yourself.

I love bottles of water. That makes perfect sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you like to join my Church of Thine Holy Containers of Water?

We have no membership fees, but we do require you tithe so we can send our leader to remote islands to help save others who would like to join us in our quest.
When we have enough funds, our leaders, (my wife, my three kids, and myself) will be taking a 2-3 week trip to the Islands of Hawaii to spread the word about water bottles.

Also, if you show up on Sunday's, I'll request that you take a turn oddly greeting potential new members, acting far more interested in their lives than you really would be naturally.

Let me know! Thanks!

So Reusse tweeted about an "agricultural" problem
At the U, may lend credence to ongoing marijuana problems.

Now Doogie just responded to someone saying there are TWO fires to put out. What else besides Croft? Maybe Croft and separate marijuana issues are the two items?

Now Doogie just responded to someone saying there are TWO fires to put out. What else besides Croft? Maybe Croft and separate marijuana issues are the two items?
There's a guy on defense who seems more concerned with fat sacks than quarterback sacks.

What if they were trying to get spiritual by smoking the agriculture? Offsetting fouls?

PJF better put a stop to this! You are supposed to get the Rodents in beast mode not pacify them with gonzo.

For sure there is a lot of BS posted on here, but to be fair, a reporter has to put his name on a report and may not want to do that for a variety of reasons that will affect future relationships. A place like GH allows someone to do that anonymously which can be a benefit. You have to take the good with the bad I guess.

Right -- reporters have to verify, and still mighr choose not to report it for ethical reasons, depending on the issue. Here, there's no such accountability.

Usually, something like a player suspension or arrest is reported on Gopherhole, and the person posting is belittled ... until a few hours or a day later when it's confirmed in the media. What's reported on this site is true more often than not, whether people care to believe it or not. That's not the case today, however, with all the conflicting reports here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

e44714eec81bfec1b534278fbe817222--times-newspaper-moon-landing.jpg

From later in today's presser: "The way we talk about spirituality is believ in something bigger than yourself. That could be this water bottle. That could be the team. It doesn't have anything to do with religion."

That would be a really big water bottle.

Croft is going to be pissed he can't wear the Goldy helmet. Seems like punishment enough to me.

Here's what has me confused. Fleck first said Croft would not play because he was dealing with "personal issues." That could be family issues, or it could be a behavior issue, like alcohol or drugs.

But then, Fleck went back to the culture discussion, where people won't play if they don't live up to the 'four areas.' that opens up more possibilities - including academics, or something "socially or spiritually."

So, all we know for sure is that Croft won't play for some reason. which could be any reason. It makes it difficult to assess how Fleck is handling the situation, because we don't know whether Croft did something serious, or he just crossed some hard-to-define line in the realm of "culture," which can mean almost anything Fleck wants it to mean.

And - to the people on this board. This is not a newspaper. There are no issues of journalistic ethics here. If you actually know something, tell us. If you don't know anything, don't act like you do. It just really bugs me when people come on here and do this routine: "I know something. I have the inside scoop. But I'm not going to say what it is." My gut tells me that 90% of the people who claim to have inside information are just blowing smoke out of their backside.

Here's what has me confused. Fleck first said Croft would not play because he was dealing with "personal issues." That could be family issues, or it could be a behavior issue, like alcohol or drugs.

But then, Fleck went back to the culture discussion, where people won't play if they don't live up to the 'four areas.' that opens up more possibilities - including academics, or something "socially or spiritually."

So, all we know for sure is that Croft won't play for some reason. which could be any reason. It makes it difficult to assess how Fleck is handling the situation, because we don't know whether Croft did something serious, or he just crossed some hard-to-define line in the realm of "culture," which can mean almost anything Fleck wants it to mean.

And - to the people on this board. This is not a newspaper. There are no issues of journalistic ethics here. If you actually know something, tell us. If you don't know anything, don't act like you do. It just really bugs me when people come on here and do this routine: "I know something. I have the inside scoop. But I'm not going to say what it is." My gut tells me that 90% of the people who claim to have inside information are just blowing smoke out of their backside.
I have no idea what happened but obviously Croft did something contrary to what Fleck demands. Kid isn't playing. Makes sense to me regardless of which rule he violated.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Think of this as the straw. There seems to be more to this story.

I'm sure more specific news will trickle out at some point. He said he wants to respect Demry's privacy on whatever it is.

I don't see it being a family situation, and alcohol/drug violations can fall into the culture discussion.

I don't think those two are necessarily a different thing.

He also noted he would do what he had to do help players too.

Say in the case of a substance abuse situation he could recognize the kid needs help, but also with that issue is violating values too and has to both pay the price and get help / take time. They have to know to help people, having the an issue and not telling the coaches can be an issue too.

Big problems tend to spill out into all sorts of areas of people's lives.

For the record I know nothing and I'm just listing substance abuse as an example.

Krawczynski, on KFAN, said that he understood the Croft issues were ongoing, dating to last season, and that this likely won't get fixed overnight. He was reluctant to share what it is though. I think he needs more confirmation. This isn't likely the result of an isolated incident.

Top Bottom