All Things Hank Bachmeier Recruitment Thread

Can't remember if Houston had injury problems or not, but he played quite a bit last year as a senior for the Badgers. Went to the Pittsburgh Steelers' training camp, but was cut before the season started.

Galt's point is well taken, QBs are impossible to project. Still, it would be a great sign for the direction of the program, and ability to go up against top programs for recruits. And other recruits absolutely take notice of that kind of stuff, so it doesn't really matter if he pans out, he can help draw other talent. Perception is important.

Any word or sighting of Hank Bachmeier? I presume he was at the game and hopefully have met with other recruits.

Any word or sighting of Hank Bachmeier? I presume he was at the game and hopefully have met with other recruits.

I believe I saw him just outside of Eden Prairie Mall this morning.

anybody remember a Wisconsin qb by the name of Bart Huston? 4* qb out of California that was heralded as a program changer for Wisconsin?

This is Minnesota, if recent past dictates, he will end up a wr.

He was recruited by Bielema and was done in by Gary Andersen's two years. He preferred a mobile QB.

He was recruited by Bielema and was done in by Gary Andersen's two years. He preferred a mobile QB.

Spent a year or two behind Joel Stave.
Houston signed with Pittsburgh and was cut at the end of preseason a couple weeks ago.

If Bachmeier comes here and spends two-three years behind an NFL rostered QB, that would be a nice problem to have.

Hank Bachmeier junior year highlights...

Game 1:
[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3662704/59aee349b0238212ec47f043[/video]

Game 2:
[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3662704/59aedcedda52510a28b2d8fc[/video]

Game 3:
[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3662704/59b4b1b50dc08621741b87c0[/video]

Better than average arm-a bit slow-good size-playing against NOT elite talent. I don't see this guy being a legit 4 star game changer, just another good college QB, which may be an improvement for Gophers

Better than average arm-a bit slow-good size-playing against NOT elite talent. I don't see this guy being a legit 4 star game changer, just another good college QB, which may be an improvement for Gophers

a high two star might be an improvement for Gophers...

Hey Mr. elite talent scout, do you mind explaining to me why he is rated a 4 star by every recruiting service if he's slow and an above average arm?

For a HS JR, agree on the arm. Odd throwing motion at times. Great size. Disagree on the bit slow. Seems average in terms of legs for a guy his size. Seems to have above average pocket awareness and reasonable vision in a limited sample size. I can see where he is getting the 4 star rating as he has a lot of the things that are really hard/impossible to teach. Will be interesting to watch if we hitch the wagon to him early as our QB for that class and try get him to commit early a la Armstrong or try to keep things open

Hey Mr. elite talent scout, do you mind explaining to me why he is rated a 4 star by every recruiting service if he's slow and an above average arm?

You always have such a nice demeanor in your attacks JB18! Maybe I'm right or maybe I'm wrong but it's my opinion. I do happen to see about 25+ Texas 6A QB's play every year and have for some time. Scouts get these wrong all day every day, pay attention or you would know that. Yes, he has a better than average arm, yes he is a bit slow to be a 4 star guy. Probably has a pretty good football IQ. It's a big step from high school to Power five football.

You always have such a nice demeanor in your attacks JB18! Maybe I'm right or maybe I'm wrong but it's my opinion. I do happen to see about 25+ Texas 6A QB's play every year and have for some time. Scouts get these wrong all day every day, pay attention or you would know that. Yes, he has a better than average arm, yes he is a bit slow to be a 4 star guy. Probably has a pretty good football IQ. It's a big step from high school to Power five football.

This is exactly why Fleck is flying out there today. :rolleyes:

Galt's point is well taken, QBs are impossible to project. Still, it would be a great sign for the direction of the program, and ability to go up against top programs for recruits. And other recruits absolutely take notice of that kind of stuff, so it doesn't really matter if he pans out, he can help draw other talent. Perception is important.

Your point and JG's are very true.

How many highly touted Gopher recruits did not pan out over the years for one reason or another? There are quite a few. When they didn't pan out, the impact to the program was greater because we did not have as many of them as other higher echelon teams. Compound that with instability created by the revolving door coaching.

PJ Fleck's system will work by getting the right players. Not necessarily all four or five stars. He'll go after talented kids that buy in into the program with good attitude. Those who have a strong desire to succeed and who are team first types. Players who want to be Gophers. We'd want "seal" the border and keep most of the top Minnesota kids.

Quinn Carroll would be a godsend.

The key is we need to have a decent offensive line with depth. Our defense is good and is only going to get better.

I hate to bring up Wiscy. But, they became successful with a commitment from Dana Shalala and the Wiscy Administration, and by the hiring Barry Alvarez. Their key is good coaching chemistry, recruiting ability, and keeping top Wisconsin players instate.

This is a rather long narrative, but is well worth reading:
http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/wisconsin-badgers-barry-alvarez-oral-history-transformed-football-program-rose-bowl-063015

PJ Fleck is the hire that Minnesota has been longing for for a long time.

per Greg:

Four-Star '19 QB Takes Pac-12 Visit

Murrieta Valley (Calif.) junior quarterback Hank Bachmeier visited Cal over the weekend and had a good time in Berkeley.

"I feel like a priority at Cal, the staff is recruiting me really hard. I feel so comfortable around all the coaches. Coach Tui (Marques Tuiasosopo), coach (Justin) Wilcox and coach (Dave) Baldwin are all a real solid and genuine group of guys and I love being around them."

Bachmeier was able to spend some time with the coaches following the game.

"After the game, I went down on the field and said hi to a few of the players and coaches and then had a good conversation with coach Tui," Bachmeier said. "We talked about the game, their offense and how he felt about it. I like that offense a lot and feel it suits me very well.

"He talked about some of things he saw and what he was telling (Ross) Bowers. He wasn't pressing me too much about recruiting which personally I like a lot about him. I talk to him every week so it was just nice to catch a game and see the coaches and really observe the offense."

Bachmeier has plans to check out several other programs later this season.

"I was at UCLA last week," Bachmeier said. "PJ Fleck (Minnesota head coach) is visiting me tomorrow and I'm planning a visit out there (Sept. 30) for their game with Maryland. I'm trying to visit Colorado this week for their game with Washington and I'm going to visit Boise State when they play Wyoming (Oct. 21).

"Honestly I'm still feeling everything out right now. There are some schools recruiting me very hard like Cal but I really just want to try and focus on my season. At the same time, recruiting is a 247 thing so the trips are important but as of now, I'm trying to just focus on Murrieta Valley football and having a great season."

http://scout.com/college/football/r...r-Visits-California-For-Game-With-O-107605966

Go Gophers!!

anybody remember a Wisconsin qb by the name of Bart Huston? 4* qb out of California that was heralded as a program changer for Wisconsin?

Bart Houston was a 2012 recruit, which was 20 years into Wisconsin's program having changed. He didn't need to be that and Wisconsin didn't need him to be.

He had multiple injuries and played quarterback part time for a team that won the big ten west and the cotton bowl.

Terrible failure

do you people not know what tongue in cheek means?

Hank Bachmeier

Anyone with a paywall subscription to 247 or Scout want to recap what Bachmeier said?

How'd the visit go and did he say anything interesting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick google search shows that Hank is much more highly regarded as a prospect than Bart Houston was.

Hank Bachmeier

Anyone with a paywall subscription to 247 or Scout want to recap what Bachmeier said?

Nobody wants to let the world know how the Bachmeier visit went yesterday, yet in another thread there are almost 50 replies regarding PJ's shoes.

#PeakGopherhole achieved.

Rivals, scout, and 247 all have tweets about his remarks, each with links behind paywalls, but no other media / blogs got feedback. Is rivals, scout, and 247 all the same?

No non- paywall blogs or tweeters were allowed to get his comments?

Rivals, scout, and 247 all have tweets about his remarks, each with links behind paywalls, but no other media / blogs got feedback. Is rivals, scout, and 247 all the same?

I guess not... :(

you could call him I suppose?

He didn't say anything too exciting. He's visiting for the Maryland game.

Maybe someone should have a caravan going to CA and encamp in front of his house and ask him nicely pretty please to commit to the Gophers. :cool02:

He didn't say anything too exciting. He's visiting for the Maryland game.

Thanks for the insight. Did they ask him when he plans to narrow his list of schools or make a decision?

Top Bottom