All Things Hank Bachmeier Recruitment Thread

Section2

Reaction score
2019 4 star QB from CA, with ties to MN.

Hearing some very positive momentum on the recruiting trail for this kid...

This would be a potential program-changer...

Do we have an official 2019 Recruiting Thread yet? He'd be a great way to start it out...

If he commits, signs, and maintains that ranking I think he'd be the best QB recruit we've ever had. Please oh please

Hank Bachmeier

Anyone find it interesting that we signed a Pro style guy this year, have a commit next year from a dual threat guy and if there is true interest from this kid would woo a pro style QB for 2019? It seems KCs offense doesn't mandate a running QB but given the Read Option look to our inside running game it would seem a dual threat guy would be an advantage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone find it interesting that we signed a Pro style guy this year, have a commit next year from a dual threat guy and if there is true interest from this kid would woo a pro style QB for 2019? It seems KCs offense doesn't mandate a running QB but given the spread Option look to our inside running game it would seem a dual threat guy would be an advantage?

I expect us to become more of a throwing team and less of a dual threat QB team over time. That said, if you have a stud dual threat guy, you absolutely use him, kind of like Louisville.

Anyone find it interesting that we signed a Pro style guy this year, have a commit next year from a dual threat guy and if there is true interest from this kid would woo a pro style QB for 2019? It seems KCs offense doesn't mandate a running QB but given the Read Option look to our inside running game it would seem a dual threat guy would be an advantage?

Recruit talent.

If he commits, signs, and maintains that ranking I think he'd be the best QB recruit we've ever had. Please oh please

Interestingly, on Rivals, he and MarQueis have/had the exact same national ranking - #112 overall.

I always thought that two marquee players can be program changers. It will be nice if we can get both Hank Bachmeier and Quinn Carroll. These two if they commit early will be magnets for other high caliber recruits.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a recruiting class like Maryland's (#18 overall) in 2017?

A prostyle QB can still run. It isn't like they are 39 year olds. They are 19. Maybe not a running QB but still capable of running a read option.

What are you "hearing"? Are you able to say who your sources are?

If you click on that link to 247 somebody posted earlier in the thread, there are 3-4 new crystal balls to Minnesota. But I'd be interested to hear if somebody closer to the program has some more info too.

Pretty impressive highlight tape for a sophomore. He'd be a huge get to say the least, and would kick off the 2019 class. Close the deal Fleck!

I don't believe in program changers, they don't exist. You become a great program by recruiting and developing really good players over and over.

That said, Bachmeier looks like a great prospect and would be a huge get.

You become a great program by changing the culture and the processes that you use.

If by some magic Tom Brady could play for a college team again there is no team that would turn him down.

If a QB can throw really well.... nobody's offense necessitates a running QB.

I always thought that two marquee players can be program changers. It will be nice if we can get both Hank Bachmeier and Quinn Carroll. These two if they commit early will be magnets for other high caliber recruits.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a recruiting class like Maryland's (#18 overall) in 2017?

If Peej wants to win the BiG and beyond he's going to need that kind of class.

A prostyle QB can still run. It isn't like they are 39 year olds. They are 19. Maybe not a running QB but still capable of running a read option.

I've read this comment a few times but I still don't understand it.

Rivals lists him as a dual threat QB.

I don't believe in program changers, they don't exist. You become a great program by recruiting and developing really good players over and over.

That said, Bachmeier looks like a great prospect and would be a huge get.

ehhh they exist but are rare. Mike Vick was a program changer as he launched VT from a nice program to a power and they've been a consistent top 25 program for about 20 years at this point. But in general, I agree with you

People find it odd Fleck is recruiting both Pro Dtyle and Dual threat QBs. My point is that a pro style QB can run a read option. They are young and athletic. It isn't like the NFL where some guys are old and don't have legs to move.

If Minnesota lands a top 5 QB in a class I'm going to need a lot more oars. Two aren't going to move a cruise ship

Rivals lists him as a dual threat QB.

I can guarantee you with the culture in place that if you get this kid to play for the Gophers, he will be a program changer.

Win, win, win, and they will come. But, it start with a talent like this.

Maybe he means like Russell Wilson.

Can play QB at a pro level. But can run as well. Read option, etc.

Yes, please. Lock him down.

People find it odd Fleck is recruiting both Pro Dtyle and Dual threat QBs. My point is that a pro style QB can run a read option. They are young and athletic. It isn't like the NFL where some guys are old and don't have legs to move.

You think Peyton manning, Tom Brady, Eli manning, cutler, etc could run read option- and run it well? Come on- you're trying too hard

Top Bottom