All Things Hank Bachmeier Recruitment Thread

Perhaps there is a teammate or two that is Elite!

I can guarantee you with the culture in place that if you get this kid to play for the Gophers, he will be a program changer.

Win, win, win, and they will come. But, it start with a talent like this.

The same could have been said for Carter Coughlin. Or Seantrel Henderson. Or Jeff Jones.

Why don't we just focus on recruiting a bunch of really good football players instead of anointing someone a program changer...

The same could have been said for Carter Coughlin. Or Seantrel Henderson. Or Jeff Jones.

Why don't we just focus on recruiting a bunch of really good football players instead of anointing someone a program changer...

Agree... but if we would have gotten Henderson...[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree... but if we would have gotten Henderson...[emoji57]

Of course it would have been nice to have landed Henderson. But he wouldn't have been a program changer.

I honestly think this kid if he does commit to the Gophers that he will make an impact in recruiting other good players.

Coughlin was/is a program changer...his commitment and his work to keep others committed when Kill left was outstanding.

We're not looking for really good players. We're looking for elite players. Haven't you been paying attention?

Of course it would have been nice to have landed Henderson. But he wouldn't have been a program changer.

Did you fail to see the sarcasm emoji? Expect more from you JG

Coughlin was/is a program changer...his commitment and his work to keep others committed when Kill left was outstanding.

He helped recruit other players for the program.

Maybe Drew Wolitarski...as a Cali recruit...can throw in a good word or two about the Gophers to seal the deal...

From 247 Sports, it looks like Bernhart is leaning heavily towards Minnesota, as we are in the "warmer" category. I wouldn't get our hopes up on Carroll as it looks like he is showing much more interest in powerhouses (Bama, USC, Notre Dame*). It would be sweet though if PJ works some magic and can get him to ROW.

I wouldn't get our hopes up on Carroll

Saw him on two occasions last week and both times he was wearing Gopher gear (hat one day, long sleeve shirt the other (t-shirt, not collared shirt)). I've never seen him wear any team gear other than Gopher or Edina swag.

He's in the bag!

Saw him on two occasions last week and both times he was wearing Gopher gear (hat one day, long sleeve shirt the other (t-shirt, not collared shirt)). I've never seen him wear any team gear other than Gopher or Edina swag.

He's in the bag!

That's some ELITE insider info. Thanks for getting me excited haha

Hank Bachmeier junior year highlights...

Game 1:
[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3662704/59aee349b0238212ec47f043[/video]

Game 2:
[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3662704/59aedcedda52510a28b2d8fc[/video]

Game 3:
[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3662704/59b4b1b50dc08621741b87c0[/video]

I think Carroll will be really dependent on how we do this year. If we have a good year, maybe win a few exciting games, I bet he comes here. If we have an average, or below average season, he goes elsewhere.

I think Carroll will be really dependent on how we do this year. If we have a good year, maybe win a few exciting games, I bet he comes here. If we have an average, or below average season, he goes elsewhere.

Winning will help, but I think recruiting will speak more to who we get. Carroll is likely going to look at who else is coming in. If we are getting a 4* QB to come in, it will help tremendously.

anybody remember a Wisconsin qb by the name of Bart Huston? 4* qb out of California that was heralded as a program changer for Wisconsin?

This is Minnesota, if recent past dictates, he will end up a wr.

anybody remember a Wisconsin qb by the name of Bart Huston? 4* qb out of California that was heralded as a program changer for Wisconsin?

Or a transfer

(Tongue in cheek posts, just in case)

Or a transfer

(Tongue in cheek posts, just in case)

So, we might as as well forget about going after 4* players because we are insufferable hopeless Gopher fans huh?

I would like to see a very early commit from this kid to set the tone for the class. Getting Carroll depends on the job Warinnger does and if he stays. He needs a great set of RBs and a great passing QB to help make him look good too. I like our chances.

Didn't he blow out his knee several times?

So, we might as as well forget about going after 4* players because we are insufferable hopeless Gopher fans huh?

We should go after them. But how about waiting to call them a program changer until they are a significant contributor and we win the West?

Okay, maybe "game changer" "program changer" is not the apropos term to your liking. We have to start someplace. It is a matter of semantics. You know what I am talking about - people like Maxx Williams and Eric Decker multiply that by a few more. Maybe it is a bit premature to anoint someone so soon.

We want higher caliber recruits that normally the Gophers lose out on. It is entirely possible that someone may be a bust. But, I think seeing this kids HUDL highlights he shows a lot to be excited about.

Winning will do a lot of good. If the Gophers have a great season beyond expectation, it will be noticed.

Getting Bachmeier, Benhart, and Carroll may be enough to notch other 4* recruits with PJF's salesmanship.

Winning will help, but I think recruiting will speak more to who we get. Carroll is likely going to look at who else is coming in. If we are getting a 4* QB to come in, it will help tremendously.

+1

Didn't he blow out his knee several times?

Can't remember if Houston had injury problems or not, but he played quite a bit last year as a senior for the Badgers. Went to the Pittsburgh Steelers' training camp, but was cut before the season started.

Top Bottom