All Things Hank Bachmeier Recruitment Thread

He's no Tanner Morgan, but . . .

Kid has looked really good for his first game, especially in the second half. Has BSU up 33-31 in the 4th and is pushing 400 yards passing at Florida State. Remind me, did we cool on him or did he cool on us? He would’ve been a great add to our offense.

Word is he has family connections here. But, it sounds like his dad like BSU as a better fit for him. I don't know for sure. He certainly would have been a big addition to the Gophers.

Any word on how Max Duggan is doing at TCU?

Awesome job Hank

Yeah I know some of his family here in St. Paul. Gonna be fun to root for him the next few years

So you're struggling early on in the season, they make a change at OC that you don't approve of, and now you're going to quit on your team only 4 games in?

I'm sure someone will nab him, but man, this would be the type of person who I hope would linger in the portal right into retirement from college football.

Wasn’t he benched this year, earlier? I recall being sad that he passed on the Gophers back when he committed to Boise. One of a million parallel universe discussion points to consider what would have happened if he had chosen the Gophers.

I should have probably explained my point further. For well established programs in a 4 year cycle there's typically a gap year/career backup brought in at some point right? For example I like Cole Kramer a great deal but in reality that's what he's being recruited as. Even the best programs typically don't have more than 2-3 potential starter quality QBs at a time as recruiting 5* or high 4* QBs year after year is borderline impossible. Using Ohio State as an example...Last year J.T. Barrett was the starter, Joe Burrow was the backup/gap year guy while Dwayne Haskins and Tate Martell are the potential starters down the road. It's why they lost Emory Jones to Florida and replaced him with a gap year QB in Matthew Baldwin. It's a cycle and it's the case anywhere there's continued competent QB play.

Part of what's made Georgia so attractive is the instability they've had at QB since Aaron Murray graduated. So the list is impressive but doesn't tell the whole story. The 2014 QB transferring out after a season and the gap year after that led to the 16' and 17' QBs. The 16' QB transferring after the 17' QB took the job due to injury led to the 18' QB. So now you have a situation where a freshman QB led them to the NCG and a generational talent like Fields is waiting in the wings so things will naturally trail off. They'll be looking for a gap year QB this year and if that's Bachmeier then so be it but that's the reasoning behind my comment. Everything you've read about Hank suggests he wants to play early and often which is why I think he's seriously considering schools that aren't blue bloods. He could probably go to Georgia and start down the road as an upperclassman or he could go to a school like Minnesota or similar and start building his NFL resume as an underclassman. All indications are he'll go the latter route.
This didn’t age well.

So you're struggling early on in the season, they make a change at OC that you don't approve of, and now you're going to quit on your team only 4 games in?

I'm sure someone will nab him, but man, this would be the type of person who I hope would linger in the portal right into retirement from college football.
They say he has 2 years of eligibility left. I assume that means he will use this as his redshirt year since he was only 4 games in. Had he stayed, he would have only had 1 year left.

Top Bottom